SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

On the hunt for aliens...*UPDATED* Amazing news!!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
Food for thought: with present technology, is it possible to shoot a rocket from the Earth into the Sun? Answer: no.

No problem KD. Years and years ago the USSR sent probes to Venus, one of the inside planets. And there have been probes to Mercury too, I'm sure there have.

The Venura probes just needed to generate a tremendous loss of energy (energy, not angular momentum - the Earth's orbital velocity does impart a huge amount of energy to anything launched from our position in the solar system). Just blast the rocket thrust against the Earth's direction of orbiting so the probe slows down and then it'll just drop into the sun. It should be going pretty fast by the it "lands"

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I think it was Mariner 10 that flew past Mercury.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KD's point was that to hit the Sun you need a delta-V of 18 miles per second. That's over twice what the Apollo Saturn V produced. It is not an easy job dumping that much velocity, but there are now means to do it, because you don't have to do it quickly. A solar sail would also do the job, but we haven't built one yet and it'd need complex control.

It is well known that SETI pre-selects for "Life As We Know It". There are no other viable options, since by definition we know nothing about "Life As We Don't Know It". The part of the radio spectrum monitored is known as the "water hole" - something to do with the emission spectra of hydrogen and oxygen and more clear than most frequencies from stellar noise and obscuration. Life as we know it would tend to find that particular band the ideal spot to contact others since it is not only free but also invokes the importance of water.

Any species can use radio to communicate so long as their language can be rendered as an ordered and bounded array of discrete symbols taken from a finite set. That is probably more likely than that they are similar to us.

There are only so many forms of "Radiation", and the others are nowhere near as useful, since they are massively harder to modulate. Always assuming, of course, that there isn't something new just around the corner, but Physics would be astounded if there were, and since we don't know about it, we have to go with what we have.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How we will conquer the universe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUbGkSfaKrs

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
KD's point was ...

KD's point was actually that supposedly simplistic principles can, in reality, be enormously difficult and that we should keep in mind that - figuratively speaking - if we aren't even sure how and where to put which strings on a violin, we shouldn't be worrying about how to play Paganini.

thud419 wrote:
... It is well known that SETI pre-selects for "Life As We Know It". ...

Yes, and that's the point. The probabilities of SETI finding something are normally equated with the probability of ET existing at all. Yet, SETI looks for "Life As We Know It." That reduces the quoted probabilities of making a positive discovery by 10^-14.

I really couldn't care less what people do, but I think the (tax and private) money put into parks of radio telescopes dedicated to SETI could be used for better things. Besides that, considering that the probability of humanity ever (i.e. within a span of a few hundred thousand years) finding that signal makes hitting the jackpot in the lottery six times in a row look like a sure thing, I think it's a bit, well, dishonest to convince hundreds of thousands of people to waste energy running a program on their home PC in the tingling hope of finding ET.

Sure, it all sounds so exciting. A wonderful dream. But it's entirely futile. Volksverdummung. I put it right up there with Uri Geller & Co.

However, regarding the form of a possible ET, I will gladly ostensibly, and purely ostensibly, contradict myself to say that our very existence is an argument for ET being something like us, resp. life on Earth. Physics repeats itself. A star in the Milky Way is exactly the same as a star on the far side of the universe. Our existence is a phenomenon of the universe, so it may very well be that we are what is to be expected, not a fluke. Who knows? I don't.
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
I put it right up there with Uri Geller & Co.

What's wrong with Uri? He used to work for the CIA.

pony
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I was doing the breakfast show in UK, I was driving into work one morning (about 4.15am) and I saw the wierdest thing in the sky. It was a bright light.
I got very excited and as I was single at the time, I was hoping for a little probing, but no.Sad
Just this light.

In all honesdty, to this day, I've wondered what it could've been.

Pretty Rose

pony
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ The moon? Wink

Edit: Oooh, look at the link for my (this) post...
blah blah blah... viewtopic.php?p=890666#890666

Spooky... Twisted Evil

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
There are no other viable options, since by definition we know nothing about "Life As We Don't Know It".

... Otherwise known as the Anthropic Principle - the Universe is as it is because if it weren't, we couldn't exist.

However, that does not include parts of the Universe from where the light has yet to reach us. We don't know, and will never know, what happens or is happening there because information from these far flung reaches will never reach us.

I'd rather the masters poured more money into more worthwhile actions - like eradication of polio - than fanciful Sci-Fi stuff like SETI.

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ No. All I am saying is that we can't find or talk to Life As We Don't Know It, because we know nothing about it. I don't deny it exists, in fact I tend to believe it does.

The Hubble Space Telescope has looked a long way back in time. The galaxies it has pictured were some of the first galaxies ever formed. Until the first stars exploded the universe only contained hydrogen, and therefore could not have contained life... All of course, according to our current understanding. However a long time before you get to that point it becomes impractical to search for signals. We would only expect to receive signals from our galaxy, and that is only 100,000 light years across. In fact we couldn't detect any signal that we could send, over a much shorter distance.

I certainly would not spend much money on SETI as it is currently formulated. However it does fire the imagination and that is a good thing. We cannot stay on Earth forever. Out there there is free energy, more mineral resources than we will ever need and zero environmental impact - with no life to harm, pollution is just another chemical.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

/\

What you say is true.

My point was that because of inflationary expansion of Space, we will never know if other parts of the Universe may have evolved in a completely different way. So there could well be life there which is not carbon based, not using electromagnetic radiation for everyday existence, not needing oxygen ....

And we'll never have any means of knowing. Not now, not ever. NEVER. And with time, more and more parts of the Universe will vanisg from our view.

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zorro wrote:
... with time, more and more parts of the Universe will vanis[h] from our view.

Not really. The expansion of the universe is <C, therefore those distant parts will just appear to have a nice red glow, or so said Hubble.
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
Zorro wrote:
... with time, more and more parts of the Universe will vanis[h] from our view.
Not really. The expansion of the universe is <C, therefore those distant parts will just appear to have a nice red glow, or so said Hubble.

Believe it or not, the rate of inflatinary expansion = >c
It is proven and there is no violation of any law. More amazing is that the rate att which Space is expanding is increasing.

Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

--> KD

For a far better explanation of what I said about inflationary expansion, you might like to go through UCLA's Ned Wright's Cosmology Tutorial

Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Err, you lot are brainy bastards. In a very nice way. I have a telescope, but I can see sod all 'cause of the big trees around my house.

pony
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zorro wrote:
Believe it or not, the rate of inflatinary expansion = >c

By c, do you mean the speed of light? I didn't think that was allowed or did I miss the memo? Confused

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

pony Mortar x24
fistymus
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Toe Hurts wrote:
kleindoofy wrote:
I put it right up there with Uri Geller & Co.

What's wrong with Uri? He used to work for the CIA.

Uri doesn't bends spoons, the spoon stays still and the universe bends to his will.

Ivory Coast x1
luckey

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@B.L.Z. Bubb: Relativity has not been revised, you didn't miss the memo.

UCLA wrote:
When talking about the distance of a moving object, we mean the spatial separation NOW, with the positions of both objects specified at the current time. In an expanding Universe this distance NOW is larger than the speed of light times the light travel time due to the increase of separations between objects as the Universe expands. This is not due to any change in the units of space and time, but just caused by things being farther apart now than they used to be.

Or in other words, it doesn't contradict relativity because light is traveling in an expanding universe, it is kind of growing as it travels. Relativity uses a different definition for distance than does a calculation for the speed of light in an expanding universe. If that makes sense. Confused
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kinda. I know what you mean, but I'll be buggered if I could explain it to someone else!

pony Mortar x24
luckey

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Imagine a car driving 60 mph on a (rather large) balloon that is being blown up. It never travels more than 60 mph, but after an hour, it has traveled more than 60 miles.
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats a pretty good explanation. Very Happy

pony Mortar x24
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

B.L.Z. Bubb wrote:

By c, do you mean the speed of light? I didn't think that was allowed or did I miss the memo? Confused

It's allowed on the German autobahn.

Fight My Brute
Zorro
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

luckey wrote:
Imagine a car driving 60 mph on a (rather large) balloon that is being blown up. It never travels more than 60 mph, but after an hour, it has traveled more than 60 miles.

Superbly put.

To expand on that a bit more, the objects are not moving away from each other - it is the space between them that is expanding, and that expansion is >c (c=velocity of light in vacuum). Put two (or more) marks on a baloon and then inflate it. The marks are really where they were to start with but since the baloon is being inflated, the marks are moving apart.

The next logical question is why then are the planets not moving away from ecah other, why is Alpha Centauri still 4 odd light years away.

For the answer, we look to Ned Wright again for the explanation

Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:

There has been life on this planet for something like three billion years. The earliest hominid fossil is around two million years old...

Sahelanthropus tchadensis is dated at between 6 and 7 millions years old. Or if you're in the camp who thinks he's too close to the common ancestor to be human, there's Australopithecus anamensis at 4 million years.

Edit: Sorry, every now and again my inner archaeologist takes over; she's back in her cupboard again now! Embarassed

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Yakuza
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aliens uh? sounds like a great baiting idea! Razz

"All the informations I had about you is that, You are Ruthless and merilessly and heartless Scientist and Politican. ??? Why are you wearing gloves in hands ????" Dr Nwa0gu.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic