SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Have I got myself a UK based lad?

View next topic
View previous topic

Sidney
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got this in my catcher account recently. Seems to be a pretty standard run-up for the "I'll send a cheque and you send me the overpayment by WU" type modality.
He was stupid enough to give a Liverpool postcode for a supposedly Oxford based company but he was kind enough to provide a UK mobile phone number. I haven't called it yet as I wanted to know what the experts think.

Header:

Quote:
Delivered-To: "mycatcheraccount"@gmail.com
Received: by 10.70.38.15 with SMTP id l15cs143355wxl;
Sat, 5 May 2007 12:04:51 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.67.28.9 with SMTP id f9mr3699612ugj.1178391860404;
Sat, 05 May 2007 12:04:20 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.67.95.13 with HTTP; Sat, 5 May 2007 12:04:19 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 20:04:19 +0100
Subject: U.S REPRESENTATIVE NEEDED
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_32278_2812459.1178391859723"

The bits in bold are the ones I've changed to foil a google search.

Text of message as follows:

Quote:
HOUSE OF MUGU AND TEXTILES INDUSTRY LTD
10 Newport Avenue, Scoff ford Area,
Oxford, L349HA, +44 731 925 009.

ATTN:
I'm a Mugu, Human Resources head of HOUSE OF Mugu Based in Oxford, UK. We are currently in search of a book-keeper/ company representative in the states. Our website is currently under construction and which should be ready in the month of November, 2007. Your Job description is as follows:

1) You would receive payment on our behalf from any of our various clients which would come in the form of cashiers checks, traveller's checks and money orders.

2) You then get the payments cashed/deposited at your bank.

3) As soon as the payment has been cleared by your bank, you then deduct a commission of 10% of each payment you would be receiving on our behalf which you are entitled to as been our Representative.

4) You thus send the remainder funds back via western union to details you would be given as soon as it has been confirmed you have received payment. Our payments will be issued out in your name as we would inform our clients to do. Therefore the following details would be needed from you via email.

1) Your Full name
2) Your Physical Address with your state, city and zip code
3) Your Phone number
4) Your Age
5) Your Occupation
6) Your Nationality
7) Do you have a Checking Account? YES or NO

Once we have all confirmed your details, it would be forwarded to one of our clients and they will start making payments to you as the company's representative in the states. We would notify you as soon as we confirm that one of our clients has mailed out payment to you.

I await your response.

Mugu.

Being relatively new to this game I have never baited a cheque mule scam and I have the following questions:

Is it safe to call him via skype or should I get myself a throwaway UK sim card?

How do I find a safe physical postal address he can send the cheques to?

Is he actually based in the UK or is this a good bluff by a semi intelligent lad? He was sharp enough to use a Gmail account.

Is it safe to bait him as I am also based in UK? (No, he doesn't have any of my RL details)

Up to now I have just sent the standard request for more information, so if this is a bait which may be too advanced for me then I would be happy to pass it along to one of the more experienced baiters.
Any help very much appreciated.

Sidney out.
GomerPyle
Pervert Bastard

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's only one problem - he wants a US based victim. I very much doubt he's in the UK, though if he were, as long as you're baiting safe, and it sounds as if you are, I wouldn't care a fig.

Yesterday I was given a Lotto courier address about 10 miles from where I live - just a coincidence, it turns out. I presume you didn't put your real life details on skype, and if so, no problem.

I have only baited one cheque mule scammer and I gave them an invented address and let them get lost in the mail system. Join eater as a member and you'll have access to a drop box.

I tried to get mine to scan the cheques and send copies to me to avoid fuss, but they'll rarely agree to that believing you'll check them out and discover they're fakes.

I'd go ahead, and you'll find out really how intelligent he is - probably not so smart.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Postcode on the letter is from the Holiday Inn, Ribblers Lane, Prescot, Liverpool.
First 3 hits on the address all go to scambaiting and fraud warning sites

Looks like the Scammer googles appropriate companies and uses their name along with a bastardized address.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
spot

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Although it's possible, I wouldn't expect a UK lad to have a Gmail address ...it's more than likely to be Googlemail.

Although your UK Google addie may have been changed in the header to a Gmail looking one ([email protected]) the <From> address of your Lad in the header won't be changed.

Snips from a header of a mail I sent between two of my Googlemail accounts

Quote:
Delivered-To: alpxxxale007@gmail.com
To: alpxxxale007@googlemail.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic