SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Tornado wipes out Greensburg, Kansas

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HugginsDUI
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My roommate is from there, and I can't even imagine what the sorrow for him is like. They got hit by the most powerful tornado since an F5 ripped through Oklahoma in the late 90's. It's a town of about 1,600 or so. 7 are confirmed dead and numerous people are injured, and 90% of the town is utterly destroyed. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers, as well as the rest of the US prairie. Towns from South Dakota to the northern parts of Texas are getting hit by tornadoes today. There's a tornado warning in the county adjacent to Greensburg right now Shocked Sad

Also, if any of you receive a scam email referring to Greensburg posing as a victim, please bait them, and forward me the letter. I will make their lives more of a living hell than they could ever imagine... Evil or Very Mad
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Will do.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our thoughts go out to these people.
This town was hammered and it looks like they are in for a tough weekend. There is currently a tornado warning in effect for four counties and watches for most of the state. Its not over yet.
This is from the Weather Channel.
Quote:
Violent tornadoes moved across parts of southern and central Kansas Friday night, resulting in significant destruction. The town of Greensburg, KS was reported to be almost completed wiped out, as a tornado over a mile wide was observed by storm chasers, ripping through the town.

The supercell thunderstorm that caused this tornado was actually ongoing for over 5 hours, producing other reports of significant damage, and winds up to 100 mph. It is estimated this supercell produced damage from a family of tornadoes over a roughly 120-mile path length, though it may not have been a continuous path.

A major outbreak of severe thunderstorms from the Dakotas into northern Texas will continue over the remainder of the weekend and include the same areas ravaged by severe weather Friday night and early Saturday morning. Strong and violent tornadoes, very large hail, perhaps to the size of softballs, and damaging winds are possible.

In addition to the severe threat, thunderstorms will move repeatedly over the same areas for the next few days, bringing widespread 1-3 inch rainfall, with locally higher amounts to 6 inches each day. This heaviest flooding rain swath is first hitting areas from Kansas to the Dakotas and westward into the northern High Plains. This very wet pattern will increasingly shift southward into Oklahoma and parts of northern and western Texas early week.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will have to put those folks in the prayers of the people tomorrow morning at church. The only thing I dislike in the spring are those nasty twisters in the midwest. IT would be so evil if some scammer used this as a bait, right down there with the VT tragedy. I saw this picture of the storm and it was like a half mile wide...wow...freaky!

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
Master Shake
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interestingly, a tornado touched down near where I work the week before the Kansas thing. Only damage was trampolines wrapped around trees.

I hate tornadoes. They scare the living crap out of me. I've been i nthe path of them way too often. In fact in 1989, one destroyed the school I graduated from 3 years earlier.
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We were hammered by the storms:

http://bastrop.townnews.com/articles/2007/05/08/news/news45.txt

I finally finished cleaning up the debris in my yard today.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear that Chief. Sad

I was watching some interviews with the folks from Greensburg. It's really really sad.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic