SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Giving up

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kickstart wrote:
... now you will need to keep your hands busy...

I picked up the habit of making tea. Every time my hands had nothing to do and started to fiddle for cigarettes I'd go and prepare a tea. That keeps you occupied for the 2 minutes a craving will last and is excellent for your health. I'm a tea addict now but hey, that's pretty cheap for a habit... Very Happy

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Day 3 and iv,e sacked work, my office is a moron magnet and i really can,t deal with anymore today so thats it, i come home.
Today is bile acid day, i just want to puke, had a burning chest all morning, still got the headaches and feel like i haven,t slept for days but feeling pretty chuffed that we got this far Very Happy
Money saved so far: �24
Weight gained: -1KG (started at 80KG) Probably lost that kilo through sweat Confused

pony pony Mortar x18
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You got through Day 3 Bomb, that's a real achievement. Don't worry too much about eating more but bear in mind it shouldn't be a replacement activity. All these physical symptoms are your body getting rid of the toxins - think of it like a massive hangover but don't try the hair of the dog cure. In a couple of days you will begin to notice some real differences and improvements to your overall well-being but you will continue to be a cranky bastard for a while yet so make your apologies now Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Don
Next week we're having the Tannin recovery programme and need a head... you willing to kick another habit?

EDIT @Bomb - T^he more you talk abou tit the more you think about it and I personally found that didn't help.

The weight gain is steady.. and can get out of control... but for me I carry my kid on my shoulders everywhere and have gone from about 75kg to 85kg, but after 2years of not buying ciggies, my man breasts are now normal sized and I have evened out at about 82 kilo but am a lot more stocky (not fatty.. really)

Razz

EDIT 2... My post # 321... a hated number for me.. I always wake up this time in the morning... Exclamation

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail

Last edited by Kickstart on Fri May 11, 2007 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kickstart wrote:
Next week we're having the Tannin recovery programme and need a head... you willing to kick another habit?

^^^^ Ummm no...I'd kick the tea but no way I'd kick the wine. Wink

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was never a big smoker, maybe 5 a day. Kicking that habit was easy, but other addictions weren't. I still have to fight the urge to put a few quid in a fruit machine, even after about 3 years of quitting. One thing I found helped was to look at how much I'd saved and use it to buy something. Seeing the fruits of your hard work in front of you can give you a pretty big buzz. My quitting meant I could build myself a PC and start my ever growing DVD collection.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, that's a fing point Wayne...

Bomb... this is a photo of addiction...
hang on me angry and sobering up now...

Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, a bit of whoring here but...

this is a friend I had since childhood. In this photo he is hanging for opiates.. his world just crumbled.

A couple of days later the cops picked him up.... he was gutted because he didn'nt have the chance to fill his man hole with drugs... because "that's where the money is".

You think you have an addiction Bombadier?

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I should point out that by "a few quid", I meant a helluva lot more than just "a few quid". The idea of giving yourself something to show for your struggles is a good incentive. Think of something you want and get a photo of it, bookmark the website that sells it, anything that'll let you see what you're aiming for when you feel like a smoke. Use it as a carrot to encourage yourself to stop. Nowadays if I'm in town I walk past the arcades and aim for the shops that sell DVDs because I know I'd rather spend my money on a new box set than on a fruit machine.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today is the day! IWM and I are jioning the ranks of the non-smokers. This thread is full of great ideas to help. As I am typing this, I am smoking my last cigarette. It will be hard giving up my constant companion of over 30 years, but watching you folks on here do it will give me even more incentive. My prize will be after 1 month of being smoke free, I will go to the titty bar and get a lap dance Laughing . God help my family and friends. If I post some evil things here, please forgive me...... Laughing
fistymus
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I took Champix, a different version of Zyban, it has less of the mood swing side effects and puts you off (You even feel ill if you have a ciggy).

Makes you a bit nausious tho, so always had to eat straight after the tablet.
Embers
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Uhoh I sense a smokers rage! I'm almost feeling sorry for all your guys lads... almost. Laughing

I will be ready to be your slave in bed for us to make our self happy all the time~ A current bait whose name will come in time
Warned and dangerous! Very Happy
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Harry and IWM to the "all ex-smokers are miserable twats" thread.
Fact is, you announced this to everyone now so there,s no way you can fail, i finished day 6 today and im starting to actually feel ok now, i rode a bike home from work today, not out of choice but because some dickwad thought it would be funny to let my car tyres down last night but i actually enjoyed the ride home through the park.
Stick with it guys Very Happy

pony pony Mortar x18
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
"all ex-smokers are miserable twats" thread.

Miserable twat? Who the f*ck said I am miserable? I am on hour #2 am am happy as a f**king pig in sh*t. I blame everyone here, especially IWM. This is going to be a f**king piece of cake! I feel better already. I can't wait to ride my f**king bike. F**k this!

actually, I am doing good.......I need to go for a walk.........
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I started Champix this weekend and will stop smoking next Saturday. I have to do something to get my BP down. The next thing to go will probably be my coffee. Sad

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would it be mean to post a couple of cigarette pictures here?

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys, because I am so proud of you, I have decided to take up smoking, just so I can give it up! I started slow, with nicotine patches- don't want to dive in all at once. But I'll have a healthy cough in no time! Just kidding, but you guys are doing a great thing!

(Slight hijack)
Don wrote:
Quote:
I'm a tea addict now but hey, that's pretty cheap for a habit...

You have not met my wife then... cheap tea is something she doesn't know. She is always buying tea, making me smell the new fruit tea she bought or the new earl grey tea or whatever. Well, she made the mistake of telling me how much she paid for it. How much you ask? $15-$20 an ounce! I could buy crack for that!

(End Slight Hijack)

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
fistymus
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't smoke now if I wanted to, always have a mouth full of strong chewing gum (Airwaves) and a gums full of bites where I miss-chewed Evil or Very Mad
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm gagging for a ciggie today but luckily I live miles away from the nearest shops and I don't have any in the house. I've been tempted to jump into the car and drive to get a pack but have so far managed to resist the urge.
I can honestly say that today is my first real day of missing the fags. It's the first real day that I've had cravings.

Still, I reckon I'm gonna hang in there 'cos there's no way that I'm gonna let Bomb beat me on this. And in years to come, when my kids ask how I managed to quit?

"Did you use nicotine patches, gum, acupuncture or hypnosis, Daddy?"
"No my darling. I used 419Eater."

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It,s been my best day today, still craving but not as bad as before, i went and stood outside with the smokers today just to test myself.

pony pony Mortar x18
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just over 5 hrs. Am I supposed to be getting a splitting headache?
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All good things to those who wait....

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I rarely smoke, it's not addicting to me. However, I do chew and I've heard that's even harder to quit, I've tried many times without success.. but this is due to major stress. 99.99% of you didn't know my habit, I kept it secret from everyone except Pa. I hope he isn't going to sub chew for cigs!

I bought a new thing today for myself, I spend over $6 a week on it. How it started was at work, someone offered me some..and it went from there. I keep promising myself to can the habit, but trust me.. I quit smoking when I was 15/16 (yes, not the brightest age to smoke), but age 19+ is where my chewing habit took form.

Yes, yes.. I've seen those pictures, they don't do nothing to me, I've not sensitive to them.

However, since my dad has quit, I will join in the ranks and quit my habit. With what's been going on right now, It'll be nearly impossible to quit. However, I'm still young (I'm 11 1/2 years old for those that don't know) and I think that's a great advantage over those who chewed for 10+ years.

blah.. I'll need to finish this one though first.
Embers
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry Bawls wrote:
Just over 5 hrs. Am I supposed to be getting a splitting headache?

Ah shoot!!! get that aspirin down the hatch now. Speaking from experience!!!

[edit] that was my biggest problem right there was having a skull splitting headache for a day and a half straight. It came back on occasion up until about day 5.

Seriously take some headache meds right away and keep on it. I waited until I got back home a few hours after my headache started... big mistake.

I will be ready to be your slave in bed for us to make our self happy all the time~ A current bait whose name will come in time
Warned and dangerous! Very Happy
Fat Old Catt
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's a tip for anyone trying to quit smoking: Do what Danny DeVito did in War of the Roses: Save your last cigarette from your last pack, make a little case for it or put it under glass or whatever, and swear that if you never smoke this one cigarette, you'll never smoke again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic