SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Giving up

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Over 2 days without a smoke and i feel like absolute crap puke
I feel so ill i wouldn,t smoke if i could.
At the moment i,m going through the light headed, tired all the time, stroppy stage and i guess feeling like shit is just part of it Sad

pony pony Mortar x18
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ hang in there.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with you Bomb.

I've come down with flu-like symptoms. Wether this is tied into giving up or I got it from somewhere else, I don't know. But the bonus is that I couldn't smoke even if I wanted to (heh, read your post about you feeling the same after I wrote this).

Another down-side - Do not tell your wife that you gave up smoking and then continue to smoke in secret. As when you give up for real, you have no excuse with which to blame your bad temper on.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Dirteh Sanchez
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK.
Fine
Quit the ranks.

Just promise us you won't become one of those 'Born again non-smokers' who coughs loudly or waves their hands like a demented humming bid at the mearest whiff of cigarette smoke.

"Do you mind?"

"No pal, I babysit,,,,,, twat!"

Killed Scammer Banks >200 (gave up counting longgggggg ago.) Jolly Roger x5 x2 Mortar

Last edited by Dirteh Sanchez on Thu May 10, 2007 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Bomb, this is awesome. A cow orker decided in December to quit on January 1 this year. He said that the first 10 days were hard but it's been downhill ever since. He recommends cold turkey, exactly what you are doing. I disagree with the "stop now" crowd. You have a goal - when these are gone, I'm DONE - stick to that.

You will be pretty unpleasant and mean for a few days. I am glad you are not baiting me.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
You have a goat
oh, it was goal, never mind, get a goat, it will take your mind off it anyway Very Happy

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck Bomb -- hang in there. Like with any addiction, it's all in your mind even though your body is telling you otherwise. By that I mean your mind CAN overcome the bodily cravings and misery.

I am a "party smoker" -- if I've had a few drinks and people are smoking, I will bum 2-4 cigs off of them, but then I can go a month without touching another one. I only get that urge when I've had something to drink, and then, only if I smell the smoke. It's odd, but it's also convenient as I rarely have to pay (monetarily) for my vice. I'm also more accepting of smokers b/c I don't mind the smell (granted, not the stale, stuck in the curtains smell, but the in the bar at 10pm kind of smell).

Still in all - a nasty habit.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:
I am a "party smoker" -- if I've had a few drinks and people are smoking, I will bum 2-4 cigs off of them, but then I can go a month without touching another one.

I used to like you, JM. Evil or Very Mad

I gave up nearly 9 months ago now, and I was the last person that I and everyone who knows me expected to quit. Smile I had Zyban for a few weeks, then set a date, stuck to it, and puffed like mad on a nicotine inhalator for the first couple of weeks. Now I barely touch it from one week to the next, and like not having to find times and places in my daily schedult to have a fag. That said, I shall be starting again when I get to 70, just about the same time as I turn into a curmudgeonly old lady who stabs people with her brolly in bus queues. Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats Bomb Smile

You know what helped me quitting? Knowing that the first cig after a few would taste totally awful. So if it would taste crappy anyways, why bother to smoke it in the first place? (If you ever quit smoking for a few days because of a bad cold, you might remember how crappy the first cig after that tasted). Smile Smile

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heres an interesting table of what we quitters can expect to suffer over certain time scales.
http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/page.cfm?orgid=49&pid=4863
I swear i have every symptom, i know how the guy in Trainspotting felt now, all i needs a bloody baby crawling across the ceiling and i,ll be complete. Sad

pony pony Mortar x18
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh you bastard. Look what I just got through.

Quote:

We happily announce to you the draw of the BRITISH TOBACCO, online Sweepstakes
International program held on 10th may 2007. Your e-mail address attached to
ticket number:9901-0148-790-691 which subsequently won you the lottery in the
2nd category i.e match 5 plus bonus.You have therefore been approved to claim
a total sum of 1,500,000.00USD in cash credited to file. Please contact our
claims agent with your personal details:
Mr. HENRY CURRY.E-mail: [email protected]
1.Name in full, 2.Address, 3.Nationality, 4.Age,
5.Occupation, 6.Phone/Fax, 7.Present Country.

Even the lads are haunting me through my withdrawal stage.
Still, at least I've won cash and not fags.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor bastard came along at the wrong time, he,s getting baited Twisted Evil

Edit: thats 375000 packets of B&H where i come from

pony pony Mortar x18
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't baited that one.
I did reply to him though and I'm still wondering how I managed to get so many swear words into one paragraph.

Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I smoke a pack of Marlboro Lights a day. It's going to be tought to quit, I went 6 months succesful and then relapsed unfortunately, but that was my own fault and I plan on quitting again soon, this time hopefully for good.

www.whyquit.org
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great site that helped me quit for my six months, go to this site a lot because Joel who runs the site gives great tips and inspiration to quit.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

True Story::: My grandma (at the time was 88 years old) She went to the doctor,1 of the things he told her was to QUITE SMOKING.
She looked at him and said "WHY".

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Tobacco Lad's addresses are bouncing.

He'll never know how lucky he was today.

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stay focussed guys. You can do this. Ignore all the tricks your mind/body throws at you to get a nicotine fix. Quitting smoking cold turkey is like any other addiction. The first few days are tough but stick with it and it WILL get easier.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I quit smoking on New Years Day, then again in February (for a massive 2 weeks!)....but I'm still smoking Confused . Every time I buy a pouch, it's my last one though so I'm making progress.

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
AlexS
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep it up. I really wish I had the stength to give up. I always see someone who has succesfully quit as an inspiration.

Don't give up giving up.

AlexS
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FiveForces wrote:
Every time I buy a pouch,

Well there's the problem Wink

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey Bomb,

I'm 6 months now. I won't lie, It's not easy, but it's worth it. I'm not there yet, I have cravings everyday, but I''m better than that. So are you.
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh what the heck - I'll give up with you!

I've been meaning to for ages Very Happy

edit - I'll be your quitting smoking mentor as I've done it before.

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Day 3. Dear Diary:

Eeeeeeeeewwww gross!!!!

You'll be happy to know that today is "Phlegm Day". Every cough or sniff is accompanied by gallons of the stuff. I honestly can't think where I picked up so much of the stuff - I thought we were made out of water not mucus.
It's worrying. I have to be really quick with a hand over the mouth during a cough or there is a risk of a green projectile flying across the room.

On the bright side, I don't feel as crappy as I have during the last few days. In fact I almost feel as if I have a pulse but still shitty enough not to really want a cigarette, which I suppose is a blessing. I never realised that being ill could have an upside.

So there's a recommendation for giving up smoking. If you want to avoid all of the giving up cravings, go and catch ebola or bubonic plague. I guarantee you won't want a fag.

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't worry mate - once you stop hacking up the green stuff, you'll start to hoik up the brown goo from the bottom of your lungs that's been there for years. And after that you will get your sense of taste/smell back. That's when you'll get the munches so pick your (healthy) snacking food of choice. I used to get through a couple of packs of sugar-free extra strong mints per day. They give you a sugar rush and also take away the foul taste in your mouth as your body gets rid of the toxins. Try to drink plenty of water to flush away said toxins too [cue whale music]

Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh crap ... yeah I forgot about that.. the phlegm stage... now you will need to keep your hands busy... I recommend a koosh ball, great for tumbling in your hands, provides heaps of physical sensation but ... the best part... they dont leave bruises on your workmates. No really.

I wont lie to you, hell hasnt even started yet.

The obsessiveness will be with you, but try to break other habits... go to bed earlier, buy a cat so you can kick it when you are pissed off (or borrow the neighbours).

Hell - go for a walk.. see how far you can get before you get puffed... I guarantee it will take over a month, but almost overnight, suddenly you wont be puffing so much when you get to the end of the street.

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic