SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Giving up

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wish my mum had put a couple of ciggies in my lunch box Very Happy

Edit: No i don,t, im now officially a non-smoker

I haven't smoked for 1 month, 2 days and 8 hours, saving 1,334.83 cigarettes and �233.59 .

pony pony Mortar x18
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wish me luck, I'm trying to quit... again... after I finish up this pack and a half (and don't suggest throwing it out, I'd sooner sell them to kids on the street Evil or Very Mad ). Man it's been 10 years since I began,this is going to be rough. Confused
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:
saving 1,334.83 cigarettes and �233.59 .

That's astounding! Shocked

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So who is still at it?

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
housefly
Lad Vid Pimper

Location: thin at one end, fat in the middle, and thin again at the other end

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wot! Me! Smoke! Never!
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck FA, It is hard but so worth it, Enjoy that last pack.
I,m seriously feeling the benefits now, i even ride my bike to work every day now instead of driving.

pony pony Mortar x18
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Before I went back to UK 3 weeks(ish) ago, I fell off the wagon Crying or Very sad (I still blame tequila)
Since then, I've travelled (quite literally) hlaf way around the world and back again, had the stress of seeing every member of my family, one wedding, one slightly embarrasing fall over some bushes, 2 leaving parties (One of which did include tequila) another slgihtly embarrassing moment which I shall not be embelishing on, one outing on a borrowed 600F, one arguament with my mother, countless visits to pubs and a partridge in a pear tree and guess what....

NOT ONE CIGARETTE!!!!!!!! Very Happy

I think I deserve a badge. Laughing

Pretty Rose

pony
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here ya go IWM Very Happy

pony pony Mortar x18
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My dearest Bomb, I thank you for my badge and I would love to wear it with pride, but alas, I am a blonde bimbo and cannot suss out how to put this into my tag line.
Any help would be very much appreciated!!! x Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ YOU GO GIRL! jump_4_joy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

IWM... I don,t have a clue how to get it in your siggy but hopefully one of the clever people will come along and help us, i think all the Eater quitters should wear one with pride Very Happy

pony pony Mortar x18
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We cannot put images in our signatures. If enough people are interested you could ask Lotta to ask Rover to make that no smoking-badge an emoticon; then it can go into your siggie.

(Although I think rewarding someone for stopping something other people didn't even start with is a bit like giving Yassir Arafat the peace nobel prize.)

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Rolling Eyes Only way to quit is going 100% cold turkey. Throw away your last pack with as many cigs inside as it has, and NEVER, NEVER, EVER think that you have kicked the habit and smoke one just for the hell of it. Or NEVER find an excuse or special circumstance where it is justified to smoke. You will just be back at it in no time at all, and smoking more than before.

Realize it, folks. A smoker is like an alcoholic. Even if you haven't smoked for years, one puff is all it takes to get you back on the fatal track.

BTW, the guy that said "Quitting is easy, I've done it 100 times" was Mark Twain.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Joaquin wrote:
^^^^ Rolling Eyes Only way to quit is going 100% cold turkey. Throw away your last pack with as many cigs inside as it has.

I agree. Smoking that 'last pack' is a bit like starting that diet tomorrow. It never comes. You have to seize the moment and do it NOW, this instant. What difference does it make? If you are committed to quitting then smoking those last 6 ciggies is pointless - it's just 6 more hits of carcinogens. And don't use the "but it's such a waste" excuse either. Every single one you smoke is completely wasted too. Nag, nag, nag... Very Happy

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did the finish my last pack thing and i think it helped, it was like the beginning of the end and i enjoyed every one of them last smokes, they also lasted twice as long as they normally would.
I also believe that cold turkey is the only way ahead, i can,t understand the point of replace the nicotine with patches or gum which is far more expensive than smoking anyway and surely the idea is to clean your system of nicotine as quickly as possible to stop the craving.
Well done to all the quitters so far and good luck to anyone considering joining the 419Eater Smoking Cessation Clinic
......................................................................................................
I haven't smoked for 1 month, 1 week and 17 hours, saving 1,549.35 cigarettes and �271.13 .

pony pony Mortar x18
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yup. Forget the patches, gum, medicines, etc. They're not only expensive, they're an excuse. You can always say you are smoking again because the damn things didn't work as they should. The power to stop is all in your mind and depends on you, only.

And once you quit you realize that your body doesn't need the nicotine as they say. You can live perfectly well without it. Increased irritability and other withdrawal symptoms are also excuses people find to go back to tobacco.

It is difficult to quit for good. But it can be done, One day at a time.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic