SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this lad screwing with me, or just stupid?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
RichardIII
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been baiting this lad posing as the UN for two months now. I've had him fill out a form several times, and now have decided to have him write me a hand written letter stating he will totally definitely send me the money after I pay the fee. (This struck me as an amusingly ironic way to waste his time.)

So this week I log into my account and see a beautiful thumbnail of the note, and open it... but it wasn't a thumbnail, the actual image size was just 2k!

So I reply to him saying the file is unacceptable and he needs to make it bigger.

A day or two later he sends it again, and it is 50% bigger! Yes, the second file of this letter he sent me was 3K in size.

I thought it was hilarious and that he's just an idiot, as does a friend who has helped me create some forms for this bait. But another friend has pointed out that the lad may just be screwing with me at this point and sending me a tiny jpeg of gibberish he has scrawled.

In the end it doesn't matter since I'm still wasting his time even if he's aware he's being baited. But what do you guys think, is this guy just stupid? My vote goes for stupid considering the forms he has sent me, but he must be REALLY stupid to send back a file 3K in size when asked for a bigger file.
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Look at it this way. He might be deficient in computer skills but he has taken up a whack of your and your friends' time coming up with forms to 'dick' him over.

Sure he sent you thumbnails through lack of technical skills but I can guarantee you this he is not doing this to screw you over.. Where's the money in that?.. Please don't start baiting yourself.
Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
RichardIII
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doesn't take any of my time to have a friend whip up a form!

Plus it is insanely entertaining. It's a good way to shoot the breeze for 15 minutes coming up with ideas that will annoy a lad.
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Richard The 3rd^^^

Not quite sure on what you mean by posing as 'The UN'. Is that as an Ambassador delegated to NYC or Washington? And for what country? The Lads ask these type of questions, in which case they ask for official proof too. That is a corner you do not want to set yourself in.

Instead, if you must keep up the UN pose, make your character a low-level UN employee,--floor sweeper, assistant diplomat, attache, michegas, e.g.-- but one who has inside access.

Turn the beat around--if YOUR lad is UN-talking, then demand more info from him on it.

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei
RichardIII
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Woops. I meant that the lad is posing as the UN. He claims one can tell how official he is by the animated gif of a globe in each of his emails.
saltire
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is not screwing with you, many scammers are not great with computers, many non-scamming people are not so good either. I also note from looking around this site there is a genereal feeling that the nigerian 419ers are stupid. They are not, i know from personal experience. they are highly dedicated, twisted, well organnised criminals.
icepeople
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That gives me an idea. Next time I'm asked to do a Western Union transfer I'll fill out the reciept and scan it too small to read. That ought to be a pain in boot.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic