SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Katona sentenced in 419 scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Chipmunk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Lads must have loved him. . .

http://www.mlive.com/news/bctimes/index.ssf?/base/news-9/1181747738262290.xml&coll=4

"If you fail to provide the Documents to us, we will charge you with the FBI and take our proper action against you for not proofing to us the legitimate of the fund you are about to receive."

"i will be ready to joj your church with one condition that i will never told to put any lattoo on body as most of churches uses that as a symbol or whatever."
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ae they taking the piff

9-14 years !!!!!

Laughing Laughing

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So he was a victim of scammers and a victim of his own greed and stupidity. Nine years does seem a bit harsh though!

Its frightening to think if they can make that much out of 1 victim, we will need to increase our workloads!

Bait harder guys and gals.
Chipmunk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote:
Nine years does seem a bit harsh though!

Nine years does seem harsh, but if I were one of the people facing lay-off because he gave the Lads 1/4 of the county's yearly budget, I wouldn't mind seeing a little hard labor thrown in to boot.

I wonder how many times our baiting has prevented such things?

"If you fail to provide the Documents to us, we will charge you with the FBI and take our proper action against you for not proofing to us the legitimate of the fund you are about to receive."

"i will be ready to joj your church with one condition that i will never told to put any lattoo on body as most of churches uses that as a symbol or whatever."
Chipmunk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"State police said Katona authorized wire transfers totaling $186,500 last summer to bank accounts in Taiwan and England linked to a notorious Nigerian scam. One transaction, for $35,000, didn't go through because of an erroneous routing code."

That happens ALL the time with Chipmunk! hehehe!

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Katona, who served as county treasurer from 1993 until the board removed him in 2006.

Quote:
Katona was convicted in 1998 on a charge of uttering and publishing false documents related to his former private tax business.

If he was convicted 5 years after taking up office as county treasurer, why did they not fire him at that time, why would they let a convicted fraudster carry on running the counties financial affairs for another 8 years Confused Shocked

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
why would they let a convicted fraudster carry on running the counties financial affairs for another 8 years

Even more frightening is that a supposedly financially savvy official would ever fall for a lad scam in the first place.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ happens a bit, though. Dont remember all the details, but there was a banker in texas(?) awhile back that was embezzling bank monies and sending em to the scammer.

johnny5
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nine years is a bit of a silly punishment, why not make him work off the debt? Instead they're going to be paying to keep him in jail Rolling Eyes

One good thing is that because of his position, the scam will get publicised and may save some victims.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic