SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scam Baiting TV Report

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a link to a recent TV report by a local station on scam baiting. It includes an interview with a scam baiter and some trophy pictures. I searched the forum and did not find this so I hope it's not previously posted.

http://cbs13.com/seenon/local_story_124021028.html

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
Cachuma
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it's gotta be someone in here -- the tip-off is the bread on the head. Or is that a universal tool of humiliation used by all scambaiters?

On an off-topic note -- as a writer, I had the hardest time reading that article. Whoever wrote that should be fired. I don't think I've ever seen such a poorly written article come out of a professional news organization, in terms of grammar, construction, etc.

But of course that's not relevant -- it's still a good thing that the word is getting out, as hopefully a few more potential victims will be alerted and won't go sending in their Social Security checks to mugus.

Closed lad accounts x15 Malaysia X1 United Kingdom X1

Hello Kitty! <---TS certified.
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If that's representative of journalism in the US then I'm packing my bags and applying for a job. I could do way better than that. C for effort F for english skills. He only gets a C because of the subject matter.

Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Much of the text appears to be a partial and condensed transcript of the video. I agree, it is hard to read.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
baitshack
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bear in mind, that is a TV report, not print journalism. They are not required to write, just read. Laughing
lipo2006
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah, maybe it'd be more bearable on video than on "paper"

cancerous problems I am suffering from. Though what bothers me most is the
stroke that I have in addition to the cancer."
mami
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A cute short docu.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cachuma wrote:
Well it's gotta be someone in here -- the tip-off is the bread on the head.

On the clip you will see he got the scammer to write TSB which suggests the guy frequents The Scambaiter dot com rather than Eater.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic