WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST
By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.
This is my first post here. I love what you are doing and I want to get further involved.
My story: In mid-March, a "Dr. Smith" e:mailed me:
I saw your apartment advertised on the internet ( www.craigslist.org) and i want to rent it,please let me know if it is still
available as i am indeed serious about renting this unit and will be willing to offer you 2 months rent plus the security deposit in
order to secure this unit prior to my arrival.
Could you be kind enough to let me know what the electricity/utility cost would be ?as i will really need to have this unit for me, my wife and child . Please , send me a picture view of the living room and bed rooms.
In view of my work schedule, i would want us to finalise basic arrangements. I will arrive by the ending of April.
I am a chemist by profession and i am currently working with NORTHWICK PARK & ST.MARK'S HOSPITAL,17 WATFORD ROAD, HARROW, MIDDLESEX, LONDON . I will be in the United states for the next one year and during my stay i will be working
with the United States Environmental Protection Agency on a private research work.
If you require any specific information, pls let me know or you can call me on my cell phone +447031946552,please dial as
presented for international calls .
My due regards.,
Dr. Smith Cole
1) He wanted to have the lease begin immediately(on March 20th) before he even arrived (around April 1st) .
2) Originally, he had a "financier" that was going to cut us a check for the security deposit and first month's rent. He became "unavailable" so the Dr. wanted to mail us the check, a check that would clear long after he moved in.
2) He wanted us to arrange furniture delivered for them but he wanted us to pay for it (and he would reimburse us) because they wouldn't accept his UK Mastercard.
3) He gave the e:mail address for the furniture company, a known chain. It was a gmail account.
4) He included his work address, credentials and a confidentiality blurb at the bottom of each e:mail even though it was a Yahoo account. He claimed to work for a well-known hospital in London.
5) He gave his contact person for the EPA. It was a gmail account. I guess he's already on a friendly basis with him. ** sarcasm **
No phone number given.
6) He gave me the number of his "landlord" in London. I actually called the number and got a guy with a thick African accent who didn't seem capable of boiling water much less running an upscale apt. buidling. He said the Dr. USED TO BE his tenant.
7) I called the Dr. a few minutes later. Mysteriously, the landlord had called him in the meantime. The Dr. also had a thick African accent.
I asked the Dr. what country he was from (because I have never spoken to a person raised in the UK who didn't have a British accent). He said England. I asked him again. He insisted that he was from England.
So, I sent a follow-up mail insisting on a wire transfer to my account before he moved in. I haven't heard from him since. If anyone's curious, I can post the mail thread.
The whole situation is really suspicious but I don't know what angle they could have or how would they think it could actually work.
Shortly afterwards, I spoke with a co-worker and he forwarded a mail to me from a 3rd person renting an apartment. Exact same m.o., different e:mail.
I had fun with the scammer at the following threads. Apologies if the metaphors are a little rough, I was a little steamed. Once I realized that my scammer at [email protected] had a limited vocabulary, I went hogwild on him:
(I hope this is okay forum etiquettte to link to external websites. Going forward I would post here of course.)
GeneralAbacha 419Eater is my life
Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:02 am
Pretty straight forward. They send you a cheque for more than what the cost of the room is. They then ask you to forward the difference (or forward funds to their 'furniture company'. You cash the cheque and when the funds become available, you think it has cleared and comply with the request. They might then have a last minute emergency and be unable to take the room after all. Then they ask for a refund. Perhaps you comply. A few weeks later you get a call from the bank or the police demanding that you make good on the funds they advanced on the cheque that turned out to be a fake and bounced.... Although banks will credit your account 5-7 business days after a cheque is deposited, cheques can actually takes weeks or even months to clear.
Also she said that we need to organized some girls for a lesbian club here , then we will used them and make money , but it will needs some financial support , that if you are here with us that it will be more easy to organized . I know some big girls here that in this lesbian club , they have nice sports car and live in good bungalow.
- Joyce Organ
I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO WRITE JUSTICE AMADU BELLO AND APPOLOGISE TO HIM, YOU SHOULD TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE SCARED IS BECAUSE OF THE BELLO IN HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO FIND YOUR HUSBAND FROM THE HANDS OF HOSTAGEER AND ARREST USMAN BELLO AND THE HOSTAGE GANGS.
udaycosby Hello I'm New here!
Joined: 27 Apr 2007
Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:56 pm
Yep. Once I saw through the scam, I engaged in some pretty insulting exchanges at those two links.
View next topic View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum