SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Learning a Nigerian accent?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tikk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I searched the webbertubes and this forum, and came up with http://www.uwandiigbo.com which gives you tutorials on some african language the name of which escapes me, and a few youtube videos of people speaking with a nigerian accent, which i may be able to imitate.

But i was wondering if anyone had any links for a proper accent tutorial site/program? I found a few for an american/english accent, so if worst comes to worst i can listen to the youtube videos and come up with the phonemes on my own.

I just think it would be a cool accent to be able to do, not just for the obvious scambaiting benefits but also the fact that i'm about as white as you can possibly get, and it would be funny to look on a nigerians face when i start talking in their accent.

Any ideas?
GeneralAbacha
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck. There isn't exactly a lot of demand for learning a non-native English accent.

Also she said that we need to organized some girls for a lesbian club here , then we will used them and make money , but it will needs some financial support , that if you are here with us that it will be more easy to organized . I know some big girls here that in this lesbian club , they have nice sports car and live in good bungalow.

- Joyce Organ

I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO WRITE JUSTICE AMADU BELLO AND APPOLOGISE TO HIM, YOU SHOULD TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE SCARED IS BECAUSE OF THE BELLO IN HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO FIND YOUR HUSBAND FROM THE HANDS OF HOSTAGEER AND ARREST USMAN BELLO AND THE HOSTAGE GANGS.

-Charles Soludo
Tikk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GeneralAbacha wrote:
Good luck. There isn't exactly a lot of demand for learning a non-native English accent.

I thought they did speak english in nigeria as a native language? Although to be fair, you wouldn't have thought so from reading the lads emails.

EDIT: according to wikipedia english is the only official language of nigeria.

Would anyone be interested if i came up with a set of nigerian phonemes? I reckon it would take me a few hours of work maybe, and although i'd probably do it for myself, it might be done quicker if other people were interested in aquiring a nigerian accent for whatever reason...

EDIT #2: I'm going to start work on it anyway. It may never get finished, but if i do finish it i'll upload it on some free hosting somewhere.
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What the good General said.

I doubt there are many "Speak English like a Nigerian" tutorials for beginners out there, since the standard model accent for learners is British RP or the American equivalent.

Another source of info might be some analyses of Nigerian speakers of English published in linguistics journals, but speaking as a former linguistics student I can guess without even seeing them that they will be chock-full of terminology that looks like it's designed specifically to scare off non-linguists.

Best thing? Get recordings of genuine speakers of the target accent, and study. Pay particular attention to the vowels, as that is where the majority of difference between accents lies.

EDIT: I'd be interested in a list of Nigerian English allophones that you produced, yes.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg

Last edited by Otterfan on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
GeneralAbacha
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I suppose you are correct. Nonetheless, it is not the sort of accent anyone (aside from baiters) would have an interest in learning. But in all seriousness, if you can come up with a list of phonemes that would be quite usefull. I'm interested, it is a hard accent to immitate.

Also she said that we need to organized some girls for a lesbian club here , then we will used them and make money , but it will needs some financial support , that if you are here with us that it will be more easy to organized . I know some big girls here that in this lesbian club , they have nice sports car and live in good bungalow.

- Joyce Organ

I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO WRITE JUSTICE AMADU BELLO AND APPOLOGISE TO HIM, YOU SHOULD TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE SCARED IS BECAUSE OF THE BELLO IN HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO FIND YOUR HUSBAND FROM THE HANDS OF HOSTAGEER AND ARREST USMAN BELLO AND THE HOSTAGE GANGS.

-Charles Soludo
Jen Derbender
flabbergasted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as a 'Nigerian' or other west African accent is concerned, if you need to talk on the phone to a lad, just listen to a few of the phone calls in the 'Audio, Video, and Other Media' forum. Given the quality of overseas phone links, ten minutes' practice will give you all the accent you require.

When I am baiting as a woman, I seldom find it is necessary even to disguise my voice. And if you've ever heard my voice, you'll agree that it is just about the least convincing fake female voice ever spoken in the history of fake female voices.

If you are concerned with native languages, just google 'nigerian languages' or 'igbo phrases' or whatever and just drill down. I started to do so less than a week ago and already I've fooled a native Igbo speaker. Similarly, pidgin was not an issue. Just put yourself in the mindset of a scammer. They'll accept you readily enough.

FUCK? FUCK AND FUCK YOU. YOUR NOTHING BUT SHIT OKEY, ARE YOU ARE OFF BACK TO SENDER... YOUR ARE A BIG RAT OKEY FUCK YOUR SELF UP AND WHOM EVER THAT SUPPORT YOU, FOOL FUCK YOUR MOTHER WITH NO SPAM, RAT. - Kaosiso Chukwu

"Folken sheet like you.Beach,your mother and your house maid are folken themselves... Folk your folks... you comes when you are been fingered which makes you an idiot of sex luncering.You will never understand that english because it is not made for people like you." - Insane Idiot

Does your lad have too much time and phone credits on his hands? Have him call the Integrated Customer Service Call Centre at +1 206 905 9742! Dissatisfaction guaranteed!

United Kingdom x2 China Nigeria United States Ivory Coast x2 Closed lad accounts x?
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://web.ku.edu/idea/index.htm

I'm afraid they only have one Nigerian example, but as a resource for world accents and dialects it is quite formidable.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Tikk
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Jen Derbender -

That's actually a very good idea, and i'm ashamed i ddin't think of it.

However, the problem i have is that not many of the phone conversations specify where the scammer is from. All the african accents sound the same to me. And i don't want to end up teaching people to speak in a ghanian accent, for example.

I found a site where you can watch amateur nigerian comedy/drama online though, so all is well.
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I have heard in the audio forum it could be accomplished quite easily by popping a handful of marbles in your mouth and speaking as quickly as you can. Laughing Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Ambdrvr2
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A little off topic, but this thread just gave me a brilliant idea for my new modality. I'm originally from Brazil, so my characters will all be recent immigrants to the US from Brazil. And I think that any time I get pissed at a lad, I'll go on a rant in portuguese.... Trust me. I know some VILE imprecations in portuguese.... They'll all be wasted on a lad, but it'll give me some stress relief.... Laughing

"the phone is included with the extended file dilithium batteries" ....phonelad....

"we are located in United State, Kenturky."

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic