SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Cyber Crime unit to be set up

View next topic
View previous topic

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BBC story

The UK is considering setting up an E-Crime unit, which will be great for hopefully catching those ebay scammers and such.

Online fraud is now getting way out of control, so hopefully these get off their bottoms and tackle some of the ones we cant.

EDIT: Changed because someone already posted me TK MAXX one Razz

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello

Last edited by D11 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Too late...

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106441

Edit: too fast on the old Judgment-o-meter... Same story, different source... Embarassed

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Embarassed thought i had a scoop there, so ive changed the topic for it to run with the second part of the story.

Thanks Smile I should have searched better my fault but should be ok now.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

music man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't hold your breath!! Who's going to investigate all the frauds that are reported? The Serious Organised Crime agency (SOCA) -I don't think so- set up a year ago and already getting rid of investigators, local police forces who have disbanded their fraud squads- mmmm probably not either.

All in all, another example of spin and bullsh*t from politicians.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
spot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
"We have similar capabilities here [UK v USA] but it is on a much smaller scale. There is one person dealing with fraud and phishing attacks," said Lord Broers.

SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
"There is one person dealing with fraud and phishing attacks," said Lord Broers.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Ummm... is this one person on mega-doses of speed delivered IV 24/7? And will he be replaced when his brain explodes from data overload next month? Confused

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think half the problem with crime online is - simply many people use the internet have no idea of the dangers, I do agree ISP's should take a little responsibility, but its got crazy out there, with the "Dont do this, you shouldnt do that, this is safe thats better than...."

We have a great deal of fun tackling crime ourselves we are dealing with advance fee fraud, phishing sites and such, but half the problem is (or was) friends sending us all stuff, how many times has a funny file ended up in our own inboxes from unsuspecting friends meaning well, only to be a bit of malicious code, we trust our friends they would be horrified to realise they nearly infected us, and scams work similar: - but so should the solution.

A big brother approach would not work, nor does "simply delete the email" - if you have no idea what the scam is you have no idea what your supposed to see or delete to that end a place to report crime is ok - as long as people remember thats where its HAPPENED,

I will step out on a limb and say 90% here agree it should be BEFORE - pro-active stopping crime, I also believe in free speech, and I think we should tell these people from YOUR VAST EXPERIENCE, technically our hobby does make us experts in the advance fee crime, we know what were looking for, sometimes we need a bit of help but they can provide it, imagine a SOCA approved site lol.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

digital-one wrote:
... The UK is considering setting up an E-Crime unit, ...

Ahh, the British. Right on top of things, once again! Wink

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic