SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Quick, Dumb Safari Questions

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wondering (go ahead, smack the newb).... how far does the lad have to travel in order to call it a safari? Do international borders have to be involved? Does the lad have to provide convincing evidence?

Will I go to baiter-hell for this if a lengthy debate ensues? Rolling Eyes
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ It is considered a safari if a lad has travelled 200 miles, and you will need the lad to provided evidence by way of the IP from his email when he reaches his destination, and compare it against his IP address before he left, he does not have to cross a border.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
DuraLex
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe there was a safari scoring system somehwere, based on number of lads, having to travel through high risk area's, distance, etcetera. Can't seem to find it though.

"stupid job baiter. rot for hell demon scum"-Danny the Internet Hitman
"Listen to me mr , you have also insulted mr personalty and you have also misspelled mr name , am nor santana,santodo my name is prof charles soludo."
Visit the Duralex Internet Experience. Baits and tutorials go here.
Big thanks to JMRazor for the orange title!
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Across an international border should count as a safari regardless of distance.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Not really, your lad could live 50 yards from the border, then go 50 yards beyond the border line, he's travelled 100 yards, not much of a safari.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Hellbastard
419Eater is my life

Location: Outside the Western Union office, with a sniper rifle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ From my limited experience of travelling in Africa, getting across borders can be an utter nightmare. You'll be kept waiting for ages, asked a ton of questions and have to pay some sort of "fee" that I'm not entirely sure isn't just pocketed by the border guards.

They might go a bit easier on the locals, but I'd still contend that it's a sterner test of your lad's commitment than merely sitting on a bus for a few hours. Of course if you can get him to do both, several times, that's even better. Smile

On the other hand, I suppose that getting someone to hop across the border from, say, Singapore to Malaysia a few times shouldn't really count.
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually there is no requirement. This board has never officially stated any mileage. You can decide for yourselves what you want it to be. There is no scoring system. If you want to make up a list of definitions and agree among the members, I'm sure we could make it an official sticky. I know some people have to have everything specifically defined.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought it was 200km or a border, which just goes to show there's no hard and fast definition; it's just that a trip to the next town or the local WU doesn't count.

As for proof, IP confirmation is good but with satellite providers it isn't always possible. However a change of IP address is a good indicator. The mugus lie all the time, so you can't just accept what they say, but if they have gone it will be fairly evident by their outraged outbursts. You can also ask for scans of their bus tickets and passport stamps.

If you are fairly sure or certain that the mugu made the trip then you gewt the safari hat. How certain you need to be is up to you.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
PinkBunny
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seems to me there's a nice kind of practicality argument that if they change countries, and often the IP address is often resolving down to a country, that's pretty reassuring they actually went somewhere. Obviously this won't always be the case depending on how their cafe is set up but just as a general statement - if you can tell they crossed a border, even if you can't prove they made it to city X in the new country, seems like that should be enough to stick a little icon in your signature. It's not like we're talking about large cash prizes or something!
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys! I did find some text on the topic in a corner somewhere, but it was pretty open to interpretation. I haven't tried many safari trips, but they sound like fun so I'm dabbling in it.

Personally, I would think that anything that involves a day of travelling would count, but that's just me.
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hellbastard wrote:
^^^^ From my limited experience of travelling in Africa, getting across borders can be an utter nightmare.

By road, maybe. Most cross-border traffic's not at the official checkpoints though. Travel overland is what's bloody difficult in West Africa. You don't just hop in the car and head on down the motorway.

Like SP says, 200 miles is a generally accepted safari here, and it came to be that way after similar threads in the past. It is a casual rule, if in fact it's a rule at all. More of a guideline for a trip long enough to get a hat in your sig.

It pays to scout out your lad's journey beforehand, avoiding major and relatively easily negotiable roads etc.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic