SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Would this be illegal?

View next topic
View previous topic

icrighthruU
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

True Story.
When I first moved to Boston a friend hooked me up with a desk job. All I did was call people from a list and try to sell, GET THIS, "An EMPTY Box".
That's right, an empty friggin box. I had my "script" and spent the day calling away. It was called a "Lead Generator" Who ever bought one got instructions to go to local stores, laundrymats and where ever else and ask to put this Lead Generator there. Passers by would fill out a lil scrap of paper with their name, address and phone number and drop it into the EMPTY BOX.
Every week or so you empty your box, sort through, toss out doubles and send all the names into our company. The co. was supposed to pay a penny a piece. So if you had a few dozen Lead Generators hanging around the city you were told you could make a handsome bit of $$$.
I pretty much stayed in my lil office and did my thing but none of it made any sense to me. I worked there a whole week before I realized they were scamming people AND selling the info that was sent in to other scammers so they could run their game too. I was mortified!
I stole my list from the office and called as many people back as I could to tell them what was going on.
So the next time you see a box in the store for a free vacation or a gym membership remember this and wonder who they're selling your info to.
As for the scammers, email addys at a penny a piece, maybe even less (?) it would take an awful lot before any real $$$ was made. I'd rather donate another buck or two than waste my time typing up a bunch of lad email addys.
BUT don't let this discourage you from posting another idea Emma. I've had my share of duds, I think we all have.
WELCOME TO THE EATER Razz
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done Emma. Hope the PM helped. Most of us are well mannered and tolerant. Good to see you back. Smile

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic