SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Yorkshire puddings....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Arghh!!!
Got the in laws over for dinner on Sunday and his mother's a great cook, so, in the heat of the moment, I said I was great at doing the traditional English Sunday lunch, thinking she'd say "Oh no, just a salad will do" But NO!!! She wants the works!!
I can do the beef/potato/veg/gravy etc, but I'm pants at Yorkshires!
It's not the recipe I need, it's how to make them rise!!

Pretty Rose

pony
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Make sure the oven is very hot, do not open the door until they are cooked

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
do not open the door until they are cooked

In which case, how do I know when they're cooked!!!

Pretty Rose

pony
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From the gospel according to St Delia -

Pud

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You have to make sure that the fat is really really hot before adding the batter. If the fat doesn't spit as the batter hits it, it is not hot enough. Letting the batter stand for half an hour is a good idea, too. And slowfreddie is right, do not open the oven door. Trust Delia on the timings; she's utterly reliable, so long as you have followed her instructions to the letter. Serve them immediately - Yorkshires do not keep well at all.

If you were doing it the traditional Yorkshire way, btw, you'd have served the Yorkshire pud with gravy as a starter, then followed it with the meat course. It helped reduce people's appetites which made a small piece of expensive meat go further. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why not just buy the frozen one's from the supermarket? Saves the hassle and the stress of making your own.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit: full quote of previous post removed. Eight

I love Aunt Bessy. In fact, she's the reason people think I am a goddess on the Y pudding front.
Unfortunately, I now live in NZ and Aunt Bessy didn't emmigrate with me!!

Thankyou so much. I am now heading into the kitchen to have a practice run..... (hope the smoke alarms at the ready...)

Pretty Rose

pony
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yorkshire puddings and my brush with a celebrity chef....

One Sunday I was in the pub doing a quiz with some mates. One of the questions was "What are the 3 main ingredients of Yorkshire Puddings?". We put milk, eggs and flour. Bugger me 10 minutes later Antony Worrall Thompson the famous broken nosed TV chef walks in the pub. He was in the area filming a programme and staying with a family where he was learning to play the piano. So I thought I would get the answer straight from the horses mouth and ask him. He confirmed what we had put down so I said "Thank you very much, that is what we thought", and walked away I think he was a bit peeved because I didn't ask for his autograph. Very Happy

True story, honest, I can provide witnesses.

Anyway, here is his YP recipe if you need it.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/yorkshirepudding_67385.shtml

Personally, I think it is crap and not detailed enough.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

[Edit] Me and the same friends also entered a pub quiz once whilst on holiday in Dorset. Our team name was 'The Yorkshire Puddings'. We came last and got the booby prize of a picked egg and a packet of crisps...which was nice.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I find that they rise best if you substitute the milk with water.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhh, fine British cuisine! Very Happy

How the world envies you. Wink
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Ah, where would we be without our frankfurters and hamburgers and currywurst. Yum!

I've been Googling again. Shocked

Every country has its unique culinary delights, until McDonalds eventually takes over the world that is.

[Edit] We also have the best school dinners in the world. That's why all the kids go to the local chippy.

Last edited by Tommo Shanter on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Angus McOatupp
King of Modalities

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A teaspoon of vinegar helps. No idea why but it does.

<a href="ref.php?url=http://www.geocities.com/angusmcoatupp"> Angus McOatupp's Racket Busters </a>
Mortar x 3
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My ancient cookbook states that sour milk makes good yorkshire puddings. That may be why the vinegar works. These days sour milk is hard to come by.

Yorkshire puddings as a first course are something of a tradition in our family, but we do one big one in a dish. The edges rise, but the main body is doughy.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
RedGadge
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll endorse the hot fat bit. That's the secret: to heat the tray & the fat in the oven well before adding the batter.

Trust me. I was born in Yorkshire. Bah gum Smile

(")_(")~

you never sent any money ,as i went to western union moneytransfer office,and their was no transaction
of that nature. You lied to me rev. You claimed to be a man of God,but you dont keep your promise.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RedGadge wrote:
Trust me. I was born in Yorkshire. Bah gum Smile

You forgot the 'Ee' before 'bah gum' Although where I come from in God's own county I maybe shouldn't say too much. Laughing

I went to Barnsley once. It was closed.

JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I want to take my wife to London to visit my Aunt and Uncle. She's terrified of the food though. Spotted Dick, Toad in the Hole, and Clotted Cream has her stomach flipping. I could go for a Ploughman's myself!

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
AlphonseTheFrog
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know what a Yorkshire pudding is. I have had a few kinds of pudding, and they are so different from each other, that I am not really sure what pudding is.

I live in California. We have English pubs, and that is where I had things like bangers and mash, and shepherd's pie, and pudding. To be honest, each of these dishes depend on who is cooking it - it could be mediocre, or it can be quite tasty!

I believe that you ate also sending emails like this to others as well intimidiating them!!! I can't fear you -- Fidelity Security Company
BAAAAAAAAASTAAAARD CHOP MOTHER THEIR. U DONT KNOW BIZ... ANIMAL BEING...... -- Goodluck Obi
i known that you are an african man so you dey hear meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? murther fucking dick heard -- Graham Hoffman
AlphonseTheFrog
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yeah, the one time I visited London, I landed in Heathrow with a few friends, and we looked around for an airport diner. We found a nice place, with friendly people, and they served, amongst other things, something called baps. No one among us knew what a bap was, and no one felt like asking for some reason. It was only later that I found out that a bap was basically a kind of bun.

I believe that you ate also sending emails like this to others as well intimidiating them!!! I can't fear you -- Fidelity Security Company
BAAAAAAAAASTAAAARD CHOP MOTHER THEIR. U DONT KNOW BIZ... ANIMAL BEING...... -- Goodluck Obi
i known that you are an african man so you dey hear meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? murther fucking dick heard -- Graham Hoffman
soldatman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oh wow i love yorkshire puddings. it is my favorite part of Christmas, we get a big roast and then make a whole bunch of puddings. YAY. I think that the best way to go is to stick the meat on top and then fold the yorkshire over. so good, so bad. after they sit in the fridge they do loose alot of flavor but i tend to eat em anyway.

<a href="http://www.sub-radar.com/sounds_samples/section_soundz/modem_sound.mp3" target="_blank">The worst sound in the world</a>

<a href="http://www.robrob8.com/games/slap_the_monkey.htm" target="_blank">Practice your slapping here</a>
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know you don't need a recipe but here's my Yorkshire granny's tried and tested one. Serves 8-10

235ml milk
4 eggs
250g PLAIN flour
1tsp salt
6 tbsps beef dripping (nothing else works the same)

Whisk milk, eggs, salt and let stand for 15 mins. Then whisk in the flour and let stand until you are ready to cook.

Get the oven HOT - 220C - put the dripping in your pudding tray (a traditional square baking tray, none of those poncy little individual round things) for 10 mins until it's also very HOT.

Pour in the batter and cook for 15-20mins until the whole thing has risen and becomes a golden brown. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR until the pud is cooked.

Cut the Yorkshire pud into squares and serve with onion gravy as a starter. Or at least that's how they did it in Huddersfield.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@JT

Joe, don't worry. London has a McDonalds, KFC and Starbucks on virtually every corner. It also has some of the best restaurants and gastro-pubs in the world. I suggest you post on here for recommendations just before your visit. Whilst in London you have to get your wife to try the loverly jellied eel pie and mash. Yum!

The thing you will probably notice is that the portions are not as ginormous as those in your part of the world.

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK. Here's how it is.
I tried to cook the 'Deliah' Yorkshires last night and failed quite miserably.So, I'm gonna try Gnashers recipe tomorrow cos I've got the day off work.
(God...is this really my life? Free time and I'm trying to cook yorkshires???!!))

Sunday is the day I have to cook them for real!! I'm gonna take a photo of them before I serve them and let you mark them out of ten!! And if all else fails, I'll post a photo of my legs, coz I know I've got good pins!!!

Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck! If the pud doesn't look cooked after 15-20mins leave it in a bit longer until it does. Does your oven have an accurate thermostat? I'm thinking you may have failed because the oven isn't hot enough?

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe we should get some lad input on this? Laughing

A good while back we had a thread that got lads to ponder the deeper meaning of life, and give their thoughts.
How to make big, fluffy Yorkies with crispy edges would fit nicely into that bracket.

I'll get my lads on it. Wink

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ GNASHER - respect, that is one superb receipe.

pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic