SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

I was just trying to sell my car when...

View next topic
View previous topic

Noryl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I listed my car on auto trader.com - I never heard of scammers responding to these ads or heard of scam baiting before. But here is my story. Its long.

Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 6:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: AutoExtra.com Website Lead

=======================================
A u t o E x t r a . c o m L E A D
=======================================

Date/Time: March 5, 2007, 6:33 pm

Please contact peter smith regarding the
vehicle you are advertising on AutoExtra.com:

Email [email protected]
Zip Code
Day Phone --
Evening Phone --

Comments: Hello,

I want to buy your vehicle,how much will you sell it to me?

PETER SMITH

Reply:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 11:31 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: AutoExtra.com Website Lead

The 2005 Hyundai Tiburon is listed at $11,250. Anything else you'd like to know just ask.

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 6:18 PM
To: Myself
Subject: thanks for the reply

Hello,
Thanks for your prompt response.
We were much impressed with the vehicle. Please I will like you to be punctual in this transaction so that we can be able to meet up with the time frame for this transaction. Therefore I will like you to get back with the following information and questions below;

1, Is the engine in perfect condition?
2, How often do you service the vehicle?
3, How many miles is the vehicle at the moment?
4, Are you the owner before placing it for sale?
5, If yes, for how long did you use vehicle?
6, Has the vehicle been involve in auto accident?
7, what about mechanical defulties on the vehicle?
8, Do you have extra pics of the vehicle?

Please this questions are to make sure we are making the right choice,
However my offer is also $11,100 pls do confirm this price asap and get back to me .
Please get back immediately with the answers of the above questions.
I await your response, have a wonderful day.
-Peter Smith

Reply:
(So I reply to his questions, in detail (silly me) and even add some pictures. *Sigh*)

Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 8:26 AM
To: 'peter smith'
Subject: RE: thanks for the reply

$11,100 is fine.

Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:18 PM
Subject: payment update,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hello,
Thanks for your quick response. I'm happy to inform you that I have concluded with my Uncle (client) EVAN Christian Fassio and he has asked me to proceed with the transaction.
He went further to tell me that this transaction is being sponsored by the church committee members of the United Church of Canada . Box 479 , 3250 Boor Street West, Suite 300
Toronto , ON M8X 2Y4 fax (416) 261-59131
Canada on behalf of him and his wife Mrs. MAGRETS Fassio in commemoration of their good evangelical life in the church (ministry).
Already, a cashier's check of ($17,500) has been mapped by the church committee members which now covers the whole expenses of the purchase of your vehicle tax, pickup of the car from its present location and shipping charges or any shipping arrangements and cosmetic repairs if any.
I have therefore been mandated by my client Uncle to forward your payment
information to the church for them to make out this payment in your name.
Please note.
My client explained to me that why you are to receive this payment in this amount is because the money being used for the payment was a donation made to the church by a Christian organization in support of his celebration on the good evangelical life he showed in the church.
He went to London today for an important Evangelical conference which will last for weeks and wish the vehicle will be in his house before his arrival from London , he also left his London contact .which I stated below
When you receive check payment, you are expected to deduct the cost of your car which is ($11,100) and send the remaining balance of ($6,400) to the agent (shipper) for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges for the vehicle and other equipment. After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of vehicle &
signing of title papers) and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my client and also conclude other necessary shipping arrangements. So you don’t have to bother yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements.
Please remove your vehicle from posting and consider it sold, provide your payment information for your payment to be delivered to you via courier service.
Please provide the following:
1-LEGAL NAME IN FULL..............
2. CONTACT ADDRESS.....................
3. PHONE NUMBER(S)...........................
I will be expecting your mail with full payment information so that we can proceed.
Thanks And God Bless,

Mr. Peter Smith

22 Ontario Street South Milton , Ontario L9T 2M6

Below is my client
London contact add

EVAN Christian Fassio
Street: 747 Hyde Park Rd, Suite 116
City/Town London
Province: ON
Postal Code:N6H 3S3
E-mail:[email protected]
Phone:+447024083317

Reply:
(so i'm reading this and thinking geez this guy can't type and he has a lot to say, why the hell does a Church in Canada want my car??? Then I see the check details and I realize...)

Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:38 PM
Subject: RE: payment update,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That is great to hear and I am looking forward to it.

The information you requested:

(gave him my work address and phone to remain a little more anonymous)

Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 11:38 AM
Subject: Payment confirmation

Hello,
How is life treating you?hope fine..

Well i just had a confirmation report from my client that the check payment for the property bought from you has been endorsed by my client and also sent through a registered express mail today .
I was also informed in details by my client that the check will get to you in less than 8 working days from today ,you should kindly excercise patience in this transaction and we are giving you every of our attention and sincerity to make sure that this transaction goes on swiftly and smoothly so that we will all smile at the end of the day.
Please you should also note that the difference of the money that will get to you will be sent to the agent and the shipper that will be coming over for pick up and delivery of the purchased property,hope this is well understood.
I guess we have really done our part by sending the check to you and hope you will at the other hand follow up with the instruction been given when the check gets to you so that we will all achieve a common goal{give and take} at the end of the day.
We appreciate your patience and sincerity in this transaction and we look forward hearing from you as soon as the check gets to you.
You should also consider your property sold at this moment and you are also advised to remove your property from the site you posted it in order not to bring complications with other interested party.
Thanks...............

No reply made...

Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:51 PM
Subject: PREVIEW OF BILL OF SALE

How are doing? I was contactd this day by my client to forward to you this Bill of Sale to go through while you wait for the arrival of the agent with the original signed copy by my client. You are only require to preveiw and get back to me as a comfirmation that everything is up and ok. You will be signing the original copy together with my client agent.

BILL OF SALE FORM FOR MOTOR VEHICLES USA :

VEHICLE INFORMATION:

Make:________________________
Model:_______________________
Year:________________________
Style Color:____________________

Odometer reading: _______________
Vehicle ID Number:_______________
(VIN#) Date of Purchase:___________

Seller's registration#:_____________

Have you previously filed an application for title of this vehicle?
YES___ NO ___

SELLER:
Seller's Full Name:________________
Address:_______________________
City or Town:____________________
State:_________________________

AS OWNER OF THIS VEHICLE, I HEREBY TRANSFER OWNERSHIP TO:
BUYER:______________________
Buyer's Full Name:_______________
Address: ______________________
City or Town:___________________
State:________________________
FOR THE SUM OF:_______________
ENTER THE AMOUNT IN NUMBERS:_____________________

WRITE THE AMOUNT IN WORDS: _______________________

I purchased this vehicle from:

PREVIOUS OWNER:
Previous Owner: ___________________
Address:_________________________
City or Town:______________________
State:___________________________
I DECLARE UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY THAT THE STATEMENTS HEREIN CONTAINED ARE TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE AND BELIEF.

x_________________ _________________
Seller Date

NB:Payment is expected to be with you on 20th march (tuesday) via regular mail.
You are to be checking your delivery mail box from sunday to avoid misplacement.
As soon as it arrives notify me for onward information.
Regards.

Reply:
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:39 PM
Subject: RE: PREVIEW OF BILL OF SALE

I am a little confused on who the actual buyer is. You gave me a couple names in the previous letter. Is the buyer yourself, the church or Evan Fassio?

Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:15 AM
Subject: RE: PREVIEW OF BILL OF SALE

Thanks for the reply,
Pls note that the car now belongs to Fassio and that the church is buing it for him as soon as the payment gets to you kindly notify me asap THANKS

No reply made...

Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 5:45 AM
Subject: SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY....

Attention!!!
I thought the payment would have gotten to you by now.As a matter of fact,i have spoken to my client about the delivery status of your payment.

In his response,he explained that the package was not delivered due to wrong address and so was returned back.

On examining the information written on the envelope,i discovered that there was ommission of the Zip code number and misplacement of phone number.
Am sorry for the mistake though it wasn't my fault because i sent to them, exactly what you sent to me.

In view of this,I seek your permission to reconfirm the information below for your payment delivery.

<snip>

We sincerely apologise for the delay and hope to have a good business transaction at the end of the day.
According to the informations i got ,the check payment will be arrives your place in less than 6 working days starting from monday next week.
Hope you will understand my client's mistake and am sorry for any inconvinences this might have or will cause you.

I'll be looking forward to complete the transaction and awaits for your urgent reconfirmed mail ...

Thank for your understanding,patience and co-operation.

Reply:
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 5:20 PM
Subject: RE: SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY....

Ok, no problem. Mistakes are easy to make. Yes the address below is correct.

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:35 AM
Subject: Update

Hello,
Sorry for the little gap in communication, i have been busy
with AUTO SALES AND SERVICES seminar which ended today.I want to use
medium to appreciate your patient towards this transaction as you wait
for you payment delivery of the property my client bought from you.
Your payment was sent to the address below.Please confirm this by checking
your mail box starting from this coming friday and get back to me so that we will proceed for onward pick-up of item.

<snip>

We are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience the delay in getting
this payment to you must cause you while I re-assure you that your
payment must arrive on or before this coming friday or saturday via registered mail.
We need to make sure every arrangements concerning the purchase of
the car are intact as we hope to have a good business transaction at the
end of the day with you.
Please get back to me via email once you receive the check for further instructions asap
My client extends his greeting to you and your family.
Many Thanks and GOD Bless you.

Reply:
None

My april fools email!!!!

Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 2:30 AM
Subject: CONTACT THE AGENT/SHIPPER RIGHT AWAY...MAKE USE OF WESTERN UNION

ATTENTION:

Goodday,from a telephone conversation with the buyer my "client" this morning i was made to undestand that the check payment of the purchased property is ought to be with you today or tomorrow morning.
Hence,you are required to check your delivery mail box today to see if it has arrived.Once you receive the check,cash it and send the balance to the agent that will be coming for the pick up to conclude all the necessary papers work that regards the shippinng of the vehicle to my clients destination via western union money transfer.
This is very important to avert more delay as we have already had enough delays waiting for the arrival of the check.

You are also required to provide the "Address / Location"of where the purchased property is presently located at the moment, so that as soon as the agents receives the funds and the address /location from you, they will be able to seal-up the contract on pick-up and shipping of the vehicle.
The agent will come along with the original signed copy of BILL OF SALE AND AUTHORIZATION LETTER FROM MY CLIENT.
As soon as you have made the transfer, Please forward the transfer details to the Agent/Shipper via email address.

AGENT'S /SHIPPER 'S EMAIL - ([email protected] )

Please note that it is very important that you also forward to my own email address a copy of the transfer details that you will be sending to them, as evidence that you have made the transfer to them and indicate the date that the transfer was made, this is very important for office records.
The agent and shipper are presently in NEW YORK, NY. right now,they'll be heading to the location of the Vehicle after recieveing their Money.
These are the Money transfer details needed:

1 - Money transfer control Number (mtcn)
2 - Sender's Name and Address
3 - Exact amount sent after transfer charges

We have made enquiries from Western Union Outlet and we have been informed that you would be required to pay some charges as cost of the money transfer .My client is aware of these transfer charges and has agreed that you should deduct it from the balance you are sending to the agent/shipper, i hereby instruct that you go ahead and send the balance to the shipper and agent.

This is the AGENT's and SHIPPER'S details that you would need to
send the money via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER as they will be needing these funds to settle some fees and tax charges regarding their shipping arrangements and as payment for their services before they can render their services.While sending the money split it into two and send it to the agent and the shipper.

(1)AGENTS INFORMATION. ($4500 less the transfer charges)

NAME:Eric Castillo
ADDRESS:753 PENSYLVANIA
BROOKLYN, NY 11207

(2)SHIPPERS INFORMATION...($4000 less the transfer charges)

NAME:Ken R Kordenbrock
ADDRESS: 5612 CLARENDON RD
BROOKLYN, NY 11203

I hope to read from soon.
Nice doing business with you.
Thanks.

Reply:
None made. I couldn't find any "Kordenbrock" with a phone # in Brooklyn. Both addresses were not residential either.

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 5:07 AM
Subject: Check your mail box

Attention!!!!
I was just informed that the check has been delivered to your place,kindly check your mailbox if you haven't seen it because it should be there by now.
I think we should proceed with the completion of our transaction,As you know,we have wasted much time in the past and any further delay might cause damages to this transaction.

Presently the agent contacted me and threathening to cancel the contract if they didn't receive their money on time, according to their statement,there is alot of jobs/assignments they need to look after.

Kindly give this mail urgent attention so that we can seal up the transaction by this week....it's very important.

Below is the correct mail address for the Agent

AGENT'S /SHIPPER 'S EMAIL - ([email protected] )

Once the transfer is made,send the transfer details to the agent email address and also to my own email for offical documentation.

I await your response asap.

Thank you.

Reply:
(haven't gotten the check yet...)

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 3:46 PM
Subject: RE: Check your mail box

Peter –
Nothing in my mail box today, but the mail is slow around here. I will check tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay.

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:00 AM

Hello,

Lookout for the check in the mail,once you recieve the check,follow the instructions asap

Reply:
(I didn't get the check but just wanted to play along.)
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:23 AM

I received the check. The bank says they will give me the funds in my account in 6 business days. After that, I’ll send the money to your agents and let them know they can come get the car.

Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 3:11 PM

Hello,
Thanks for your mail,i forwarded your mail to my client and was told that a cashiers check clears the bank 2 to 3 days after deposition,please,try and check your account first thing tomorrow morning to see if the check has cleared,once it clears,send the balance asap.
Or atleast half of the money will be debited after deposition,check your account on friday once the funds is there ,send the balance asap to the agent

Reply:
None, no check yet
Sad

Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 4:07 AM
Subject: Check your account today

Hello,

Good morning,My client got to me and explain that the agent needs the balance to conclude all the necessary papers that regards shipping and pick up before the scheduled pick up.
I emplore that you should wire the funds to avert delay this might have caused.Try as much as you could to check your bank account this morning to see if they've cleared the check because i know it dosn't take this long for a cashiers check to be cleared.I will be glad if you do this and get back to me with the transfer details for pick up and shipping to be done accordingly.
Hope the car is set to go because my client can't wait to see the car parked in his garage.
Thanks for your understanding.

Reply:
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 10:17 AM
Subject: RE: Check your account today

The funds are not in my account yet. Its only been 2 business days since I deposited the check, that was April 5. THREE business days will be April 9.
There is nothing I can do until the bank gives me the money.

Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 6:17 PM
Subject: Send the money tomoorw

Hello,
Please,try and send the balance to the agent and the shipper today to conclude all the necessary arrangement and come for the pick up

As soon as you have made the transfer, do immediately notify the
agent and forward the transfer details to agent via the agent's email
that i have given you below.
AGENT'S EMAIL - ([email protected] )

Please do remember to forward the money transfer details to my own email too, as evidence to show the customer that payment has been made to the agent. I would be expecting your mail later today with all these details.
Thanks and have a nice day.

Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:06 AM

Hello,

Please,check your account today to see if the check has cleared,once it clears,send the balance right away to the agent and the shipper so that we will conclude this transaction asap

Reply:
(just want to mess with him a bit)

Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:36 PM

My bank’s security manager contacted me today and has some concerns about the check. They think it is fraud and will not clear it right away. Are you trying to scam me?

Ok now i'm bored and will report him to Yahoo:

Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:42 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Scams being conducted with yahoo email account

I received the following mail from this person. You can find that the message originated in Africa. This person wants to send me a check for more than the sale of my vehicle and have the difference sent to his “shipper” via western union. This is a well known scam and the person is using yahoo email to do so.
I list below another yahoo email address associated with these scams:
[email protected]

Message header:
Received: from [196.3.62.3] by web63308.mail.re1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:29:45 PDT
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:29:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: CONTACT THE AGENT/SHIPPER RIGHT AWAY...MAKE USE OF WESTERN UNION

Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 12:01 AM
Subject: Why the mute

Hello,

I am very optmistic that by now we are supposed to have concluded this
transaction, since you have recieved the check payment according to
the report.
Without missing words, i must tell you that am very very unconfortable
since my client has been putting so much pressure on me as he needs an
update to know how and when the purchased property will be.

Please let me know the status of this transaction, i understand that
you are aware and you know very well that this silence and delay is not
good for my bussiness. Your silence has letf me with no explanation to
update my customer and he is really getting uncomfortable about the
whole transaction. Please let me know now.......

Kind regards..

A YAHOO Reply:

Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:08 AM
Subject: Re: Scams being conducted with yahoo email account (KMM48095169V54299L0KM)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

In this particular case, we have taken appropriate action against the
Yahoo! account in question that was reported for fraudulent activities,
as per our Terms of Service (TOS). For further details about the Yahoo!
TOS, you can visit:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Please know that Yahoo! is unable to disclose the action taken on
another user's account with a third party. We are not able to make
exceptions to this rule.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,
Yahoo! Customer Care
http://www.yahoo.com/

My Reply to the scammer:
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:17 PM
Subject: RE: Why the mute

You may let your customer know that I no longer wish to continue the transaction with you. Therefore I will be glad to refund the full amount of the check back to your or your buyer. How would you like the funds sent back to you? Personal check? Western Union? Your original check?

Kind regards…

Sniff...I can't email him anymore
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:18 PM
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
host f.mx.mail.yahoo.com [209.191.88.247]: 554 delivery error:
dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account ([email protected]) [-5] - mta372.mail.mud.yahoo.com

flabbergasted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to 419eater! Congratulations on your first bait. I've gotten cheques from scammers located here in Canada before. There was a pretty well-publicized arrest in Ontario a month or so ago - not 100% sure if he was a cheque baiter or not, but he earned enough from this business to have a $500 000 house in the 'burbs.

If he does get back in touch with you, now you know what you can do.

FUCK? FUCK AND FUCK YOU. YOUR NOTHING BUT SHIT OKEY, ARE YOU ARE OFF BACK TO SENDER... YOUR ARE A BIG RAT OKEY FUCK YOUR SELF UP AND WHOM EVER THAT SUPPORT YOU, FOOL FUCK YOUR MOTHER WITH NO SPAM, RAT. - Kaosiso Chukwu

"Folken sheet like you.Beach,your mother and your house maid are folken themselves... Folk your folks... you comes when you are been fingered which makes you an idiot of sex luncering.You will never understand that english because it is not made for people like you." - Insane Idiot

Does your lad have too much time and phone credits on his hands? Have him call the Integrated Customer Service Call Centre at +1 206 905 9742! Dissatisfaction guaranteed!

United Kingdom x2 China Nigeria United States Ivory Coast x2 Closed lad accounts x?
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Noryl, welcome aboard--

You did not say that you included your e-mail addy in your Auto Trader advertisement, but it is a safe guess on my part that you did.

For those not in the know, A.T. is an American weekly/monthly pulp-on-the-rack magazine for car buyers/sellers...Perhaps 200-250 local versions [my guesstimate] in US local markets. The lads are savvy enough to sniff out e-mail addresses included in 'things for sale' that can ostensibly be shipped---cars in particular--which brings in the fake cashiers' check scam. I recommend a look at www.bustedupcowgirl.com for more on this.

The absurdity of all this is that about 4 years ago I myself I placed an ad seen by millions for 5 acres of land, price over $200K, and included my e-mail address. The Lads were contacting me right & left with their scams. The hilarious parts were when they forgot what-exactly they wished to purchase from me and essentially wanted me to ship the 5 acres to them once I cashed the check and WU'ed the diff to them. Yeah, I was right on that....

This was stupidity on a grand scale, and inspired me to start baiting them as I hope it will for you too.

Tell the Lads you have a 1928 Porter for sale. I'll bet the farm that none of them have ever seen 'My Mother The Car'.

cheerz--jervis

What a FUCK, for doing this i will make sure by tomorrow i will be in Washington and send the FBI to pick you up where ever you are by all means just believe i must do this and use it as a prove that i am who i am. I give you just 1 hour to take my passport out from that page or eles when i get to Washington there will be no forgiveness just take my word. I will send all boxes and documents covering the boxes in your name to Washington and you will be asked so many question and if possible you will go to Jail with my power i PROMISE I MUST DO IT.
His Excellency Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic