SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Exercise your consumer rights

View next topic
View previous topic

sagat
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in Manchester last week and bought Keetle chips (great hand fried chips). The only problem was that they were stuck together and were soft. I was fairly angry and sent them back to the HQ via letter. I was expecting at least a replacement chip and/or a refund. Instead i got four flavours of chip (2 new) Thumbs up

The moral of the story is: don't be afraid to exercise your consumer rights Smile

419Eater is my life

Location: My desk - a pile of work to the left of me, this computer to the right...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The best part is reminding companies of your legal rights when trying to cancel a contract within the cooling off period. Always seems to take more than the one attempt!

So as an addendum to the above, don't be afraid to persevere when you are in the right!

"Well for now am just having fun with you but the day i will let you know that you have something that does not belong to you is coming and that will lead to your death i will let you know who i am but you will not live to see the next day ...look out for a black very tall his name is miko you have seen him but you never know he is coming for you. " - Mary Jane Kalo
Cellphone x 5 Mortar x14
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, always complain, I got a loaf of Kingsmill bread about a year ago, the bread had some nasty looking brown colour on it, looked like they had accidentally got brown cake mix mixed in with the dough, so it had a marbled affect, sent the company an email, a couple of days later I received loads of vouchers for free bread and rolls, and some other half price vouchers for future purchsases Very Happy

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
battery
Mascot Goat Trainer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I was in secondary school one of our English teachers brought a bunch of crap in, which he was unsatisfied with and asked us all to write letters about the products as part of an assignment.

We mailed them all and got absolutely bags of free stuff back, which we were allowed to eat in class. Killer.

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
Tommo Shanter
Swiss Toni

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The British are good at grumbling but not good at complaining. We also don't haggle at all. British reserve and all that. Not the done thing, old chap.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A few weeks ago my mum bought a chicken in Dunnes Stores, the 4.99 one, it had hock burns on the legs. Hock burns are black marks/scabs around the knees of the chicken caused by the chicken sitting in piles of faeces it`s whole life, a clear indicator tht the farmer is not following standard or even basic hygiene procedures, the most basic of these being 'cleaning out the shit'
I brought it back and explained to the manager what was wrong with it. 2 days later i got a call from head office, explaining that the farm was being inspected i was also told that there was a voucher for 20 in the post. which i have yet to receive Evil or Very Mad i should have contacted a tabloid newspaper

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
zombie
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I complained about finding a fingernail in a birdseye burger once... what did they send me, loadsa free vouchers for birdseye burgers. I sent them back saying I would never eat another of there burgers then a few days later received some vouchers for 'anything birdseye'.

Very Happy much better!
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SamSpudz wrote:
i should have contacted a tabloid newspaper

It's not too late!

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to go to boarding school and one of our favourite tricks was to put mars bars in the sun for a day or two (making sure they didn't get too hot and melt, it's a fine art you know) then, after a couple of days, put them in the fridge for a day. When you open the wrapper, the chocolate has that musty colour to it, so we then sent it back to the company and they would send us a box of em for free!Very Happy
I think they cottoned on after a while though coz they started to send just the one back. Sad

Pretty Rose

pony
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got $6,000 worth of free sod because I complained one time. I also got $300 worth of closet doors one time because I complained about the stock ones. $500 worth of car repair. Two $300 cell phones for $30. Free food all of the time.

If my service is bad, I just tell them. And then I tell them what I want. They always oblige. Just be firm, sound influential and tell them EXACTLY what you want. Never be mean, just firm. Works like a champ!

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We bought a rotovator online which said two weeks delivery. After many phone calls and letters (difficult in another language) it hadn't arrived, so we went to the local consumer office who wrote them a letter. We got our rotovator (three months late!) and a 100 euro voucher.

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm on the opposite side of this a lot. The retailers WANT to make customers happy, largely.

On the store level, a happy customer goes away and leaves me alone. Perhaps not the most noble of motives, but it's there. And making people happy does not displease me, either. A store can send the product back to the manufacturer for full credit, or near enough to not care.

As long as the store can get it's money one way or the other, and the vict...err customer is happy, who cares?

Now, the head offices, THEY definitely care about customers, since they operate on percentages, and with massive amounts of product. It costs them like $.50 to make something that sells for $5.00, and if that customer goes back and buys one after their free stuff runs out, they STILL win in the end.

And they also must have entire departments and money set aside for this explicit purpose. The way they lose the most money is by customers getting pissed off and never buying their stuff again, and word of mouth of that kind of thing spreading.

So if a few people abuse it, it falls within their "acceptable losses" margin, and they just shrug it off until it gets too high. Smile

please i want you to stop writting me,i beg you in the name of the lord Jesus christ.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic