SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Another good reason gto get the check scammers:

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heres an article about a woman that got suckered..

and i have gotten 3 different mailings of these...

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070327/NEWS/703270349/1060

Quote:

Teacher charged with check forgery says she was scammed
By TODD RUGER

SARASOTA -- A middle school Spanish teacher who tried to cash $2,500 worth of fake traveler's checks says she was the victim of an Internet scam, the sheriff's office said.

Deborah J. Inglin, 56, signed five checks for $500 each and gave them to an Amscot teller Friday afternoon at 5900 S. Tamiami Trail in Sarasota, arrest reports state.

But the teller called Travelex, the issuing company, and verified that the checks were forged. Travelex had not yet issued the series of check numbers on Inglin's checks, and that series would be for $50 checks.

Inglin told investigators a person named Don Johnson from the United Kingdom sent her an e-mail with an employment opportunity, the sheriff's office said.

She said she was sent the traveler's checks, and was told she would get to keep 10 percent of the money from a company named Pacific Textiles if she cashed them and sent the money to various addresses.

Deputies asked for the addresses, but Inglin could not provide them, the sheriff's office said.

Inglin was arrested on felony charges of forgery and uttering forged checks, and was released on bond Friday night.

Inglin, who started teaching full-time in Sarasota County in 2005, could not be reached for comment Monday. She works at Brookside Middle School. The Sarasota County School District said she is not required to report that arrest to them, only a conviction.

Counterfeit traveler's checks have long been a favorite trick of e-mail scammers, many with the same general theme.

Someone who claims they can't cash the checks for a variety of reasons asks victims to redeem the checks. The victim is told to keep a portion of the money and send the remainder to accounts via wire transfer.

The victims and their banks often don't discover the documents are counterfeit until it is too late.

AAA-Alabama warned consumers this month about a scam in the eastern United States where counterfeit AAA Visa traveler's checks were sent.

In December, a Michigan man was arrested on charges he sent 120 packages with $2,000 to $2,500 worth of forged traveler's checks across the country.

And the West Virginia attorney general issued a warning in August after a consumer in that state "won" an online sweepstakes and was sent $3,000 worth of fake travelers checks in $500 denominations.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow thats crazy - I just got 5 of the same AAA travelers checks. They look extremely real. There are even foil strips on the front.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Care to share the name and address of that scammer? Those would make a nice addition to my collection.

Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3 lads sent them to me -

but the have no water mark - or if it is its really fake and just the image of a water mark

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Shotgun_Mosquito
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lester wrote:
uttering forged checks

what the heck kind of charge is "uttering" a forged check?

Lester wrote:
a person named Don Johnson from the United Kingdom

???
BarneyGumble
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
ut�ter�ing /ˈʌtərɪŋ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uht-er-ing] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
�noun Law.
the crime of knowingly tendering or showing a forged instrument or counterfeit coin to another with intent to defraud.
[Origin: 1350�1400; ME; see utter1, -ing1]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, � Random House, Inc. 2006.

YOU AND MR.MAX PAYNE ARE BIG FAT FOOL BUM HOLE ASS SHIT HEAD AND MR.MAX PAYNE
YOU MONKEYS SUCK FOOL

bastard idiote

also aware that this is not fraud as others do

MAY GOD PURNISH YOU ANIMAL
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I have series of arrangement with the FBI in Washington, in attempt for anyone to make awaywith my funds,definitely the law will catch-up with him, and hewill definitely face the consequences.

This is a cheque mule scam I got in today and it would appear they have had a lot of trouble from baiters Laughing What a terrible shame. It appears only to be open to Americans and Canadians - spoilsports, and as they usually want phone contact, I am ruled out on this one.

Most of the cheque mules scams are directed to North America. I can only imagine that the cheque clearance system is slower, not surprisingly, or this type of scam must be considered especialy attractive to them, for some reason.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Babs2007
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got one of these today. I'd like to bait him, but have no idea what to do, other than misunderstanding all the instructions, asking for clarification a million times, etc.
I assume he'll want to send me checks or something to deposit.

Any advice?

Interestingly, the address where the scammer 'lives' in London is

9 Northumb3rland 4venue,
London,
W*C2N 5*BX.
England.

A quick Google Search shows me that is the address of the NIgerian High Commission in London... Rolling Eyes

-All the stress, embarrassments you have cause our account officer at the bank for trying to pick up the fund. The reference number is incorrect and he was almost detain by the bank security men for bring false reference number
- B0B P3ter
armac
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have seen several instances of these checks, at first glance they look nice. All the bad ones I have seen start with 155 in the serial number.

Also they should be signed when purhased and counter signed when cashed. A shame the teacher did not know this, an unsigned check has NO value.
boxertray3
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend of mine had this happen to her recently. She's a little naieve and had no idea what she was doing. She passed on $3500 to a scammer she said was in Italy. I sent her the line to Eater and she said she even recognized some names used to scam her.

People still fall for this, so it is vital that we keep the mugus occupied with people who have no intention of sending them money.

I just wish I had more time to pursue this sport.
GeorgJ
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lester wrote:
3 lads sent them to me -

but the have no water mark - or if it is its really fake and just the image of a water mark

How do you get them? You give them your postal adress, or have you made a postbox adress for this purpose?
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Gomer, my cheque lad Louis has never wanted a phone number and is happy to send them anywhere in the world, something i'm making sure he most certainly does Laughing

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Georg: If you're a premium member, you'll have access to safe dropboxes where you can have the lads send your checks. The droperator will provide you a free scan of each item, and if you want them mailed to you, send the droperator some cash, and that'll take care of it. The one I'm working with waits until four of five checks roll in before they're sent to me....this saves postage.

The alternative would be to get your own drop box, but you'll find that it's much more cost-effective to become a premium member.

And BTW, these baits can be fun. If you have a K7 number, you'll get all sorts of angry voice mails from these mugus. The angrier they are, the more looney they become.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Prolix
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A quick Google Search shows me that is the address of the NIgerian High Commission in London... Rolling Eyes

Well, now I know what address to use when the lads ask for a home address. Very Happy

"You are criminal, don't write to this box again." - [mask:1]Joseph Foley[/mask:1]

"I TAUGHT YOU WOULD HAVE ASKED AND ALLOWED ME TO GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS
BUT YOU STARTED BEHAVING AS IF YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS DRUNK." - [mask:1]Mohammed Zongo[/mask:1]

"GET LOST. BASTERRD POEPLE." - [mask:1]Paul Dakotan[/mask:1]

"I really thank you for your jokes. But please i want it to put to stop." - [mask:1]Mohammed Zongo[/mask:1]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic