SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

baiting vlads

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Alan Dulles
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey I was told on the main forum to head over here to ask about baiting the Vlads.

I had a few email me some years ago, I guess I had posted on a message board they were harvesting, but since I killed that email it has ceased...sad, as I even got one of the 'hitman' emails that would have been fun to bait.

I never did bait them, I just deleted the mails..but I understand Vlads are harder to bait than lads. Most of the emails were coming from old communist bloc countries like Ukraine, Romania or Russia. Would be a fun challenge, but I am not sure about the whole romance angle thing, any way will do.

Any tips/tricks on baiting them? Stories about em? Id prefer your typical sob story bait rather than romance, i doubt I could pull that off.
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've edited the topic you've chosen because the only meaning of the word "ivans" I know of is derogatory. And we wouldn't leave the impression you're somewhat biased when it comes to Russian people, do we?

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the vlads are a bit different to bait than the lads.
its usually less possible to get them to jump through hoops like the lads, due to the highly automated/methodical way they scam.

a few things you need to understand when baiting vlads.

the girl in the picture is usually not involved in the scam. the pictures most often are stolen, or prepared sets of pics of a girl paid to pose. so....lots of 'live' or special stuff doesn't happen.
the scams are conducted by men, primarily from or near the republic of mari el.
its very easy to learn how to recognize the bulk of these scams by looking at the email headers.

I prefer to use a minimal approach to baiting the vlads, unless you have some real indication you're getting one on one attention, or the rare occurence the lady in the pics is a live entity.
almost all of the letters are scripted, prewritten sets of letters. its usually easy to find the same letters used in other scams.
google is your friend!
posting the details on the scam on antiscam boards is important.
the scammers will change pics, email addresses, names, etc....but they almost always leave some trace to other scams.
having the details on the net helps us find the connections, and let's us show victims they're getting scammed.

read up on vlads, here, and at the two forums linked in my signature.

baiting the vlads is fairly easy.....understanding them just a bit harder.

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
Alan Dulles
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tips. I will post one I bait successfully..

Whole reason I wanted to try this is they do seem more challenging - i really doubt I could get one to go on a 'safari' as you guys call them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic