SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

gmail

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jim bowen
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How secure is gmail? I have had no trouble myself, and i have been told it hides your IP number, is this correct?
Although my current mugu is too dumb to get suspicious, can anyone advise whether gmail is the bees knees

Mod edit- IP vice ISP (two different beasts) TS

Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Yes
Yes & yes.

Some lads are wise to it, but there are others (hushmail for example) that do the same

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I mostly think Gmail is the bee's knees for baiting for reasons other than the IP hiding, though that's a nice feature, too. You can't beat the storage space, for starters, and once you get the hang of it, labels are really quite fabulous things. It's like being able to file a message in more than one folder without having to make a copy, and the search capabilities are quite nifty. I sometimes have three, four labels on the same message.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

gmail is great way it keeps converstations in the same thing - search for an old lad for historical reasons..

the labels

plus now Vist has the gmail gadget where you know a message came in!

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is the only mail provider I've used where the spam filters actually work 99% of the time.

My work account uses Outlook Express, and most of my daily inbox is spam for deletion. My Gmail baiting accounts have been signed up by angry lads for all kinds of (often obscene) spam, but the spam filter works 99% of the time, trapping most of it.

If lads are wary of it, good, Google should encourage people to use it if they don't want the attentions of 419ers.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not sure about the others, but I love gmail's storage space. 1 GB is plenty for baiting...

I also use fastmail which hides your IP Address. My only complaint is that the space is too small... 10 MB. Crying or Very sad

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
heres_jonny
419Eater is my life

Location: My desk - a pile of work to the left of me, this computer to the right...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just remember that if you use your GMail account from an external client (like using Outlook or Outlook Express to get to it) your IP address is not removed.

So GMail is good, but only in the webmail interface

"Well for now am just having fun with you but the day i will let you know that you have something that does not belong to you is coming and that will lead to your death i will let you know who i am but you will not live to see the next day ...look out for a black very tall his name is miko you have seen him but you never know he is coming for you. " - Mary Jane Kalo
Cellphone x 5 Mortar x14
Vincent Gregor
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One thing I'd like to add here about gmail (if you guys don't know this already)...

Yes, it WILL hide your IP address. However, let's say that you have a gmail acct called "[email protected]" and it's sending mail as "[email protected]". If you look through the header information your computer's IP address will not show up, but the google IP address WILL, and you will also find "[email protected]" or whatever your gmail account is, in there as well.

The point of all that is that if you haven't made a separate gmail account solely for the purpose of baiting, you should do so! Do not use your normal gmail account for this! Very Happy

Also, here's a fun toy for resolving/locating those IP addresses http://www.ip-adress.com. I think it might be useful to some of you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic