SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

A scammer or just a Russian girl?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
slonik
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. I'm a college student from Slovakia (former Czechoslovakia). I've never considered baiting myself mainly because my English is not very good (as you guys have surly noticed!).

Couple of hours ago I received a "hello" ICQ message from someone not on my contact list. At first I thought it might be a spam but I responded anyway. It turned out to be a Russian girl called Ulyana. She claimed to study "aircraft" at MAI (I don't know what that is). Her English is really bad, very similar to the Vlads' language.

The reason why I think she might be a scammer is that the only topic she seems to be interested in is love, keeps saying how "beautiful" I am and she even called me "my love" at the end of the conversation. She gave me her email addy which I googled with no results. She promised to send me some pictures of her tomorrow.

I know you probably need more information to tell if she's a Vlad or not. I'll keep you posted.
slonik
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok people, I managed to convince her to send me her picture a bit sooner.

The girl on the picture is really cute. Is there any senior baiter who would volunteer to check it for authenticity? And how do I check the header of her email?
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what is your email and her email then we can tell you how to turn the email header detail.

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
slonik
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok..discovered it myself

Quote:
Received: from <[email protected]> for <[email protected]>
Received: from lb-self.cent ([10.20.11.1])
by gmn02-sk.cent (Centrum Mailer) with ESMTP
;Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:33:27 +0200
X-SpamDetected: 0
X-VirusDetected: 0
X-Virus-Scanner: This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus system
NOD32 for Linux Mail Server.
For more information on NOD32 Antivirus System,
please, visit our website: http://www.nod32.com/.
Received: from YAMAIL (webmail14.yandex.ru) by mail.yandex.ru
id <S508615AbXC0TdO>; Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:33:14 +0400
Received: from [84.19.184.156] ([84.19.184.156]) by mail.yandex.ru with
HTTP; Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:33:14 +0400 (MSD)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:33:14 +0400 (MSD)
Sender: [email protected]
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Yamail [ http://yandex.ru ]
Errors-To: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
X-MsgDayCount: 2
X-BornDate: 1174251600
Reply-To: [email protected]
X-Source-Ip: 84.19.184.156
X-Originating-Ip: 217.118.66.43
Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed;
boundary="------------Boundary-00=_EBUKULUXFQQMYJ0CCJD0"
bombardier
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

217.118.66.43 Russian Federation*

If you post the picture here these guys can tell you if its a common used scammer pic

pony pony Mortar x18
slonik
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, the IP adress shows she is in Moscow as she told me. I don't want to post the picture here for all to see untill someone confirms that she is really a scammer. To tell the truth I like the girl, she looks cute and apart from her bad English she is fun to talk to.

The only thing that troubles me is that it's just too good to be true. I mean she fell in love with me almost imidiatelly after I sent her my picture. And she even admited that she's not happy about her life in Russia and wish to live in the EU. I fear the next step would be asking me to send her dollars through western union....
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds highly suspicious that she's "in love" with you already.
You might want to PM Wayne and/ or Stepan Fetchit and have them take a look at the pic. Both are very experienced when it comes to love scammers and the pics they use.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
bombardier
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should really speak to Wayne or Stepan Fetchit who are our resident love scam experts, be careful you could be chatting with a big sweaty fella Shocked

bombardier wrote:
SF beat me there due to the fact that that my space bar has fell off Laughing

:sigh: nobody likes the edit button? Sad TS

pony pony Mortar x18
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is my opinion

X-mailer is Yamail. Usually scammers use The Bat! or some variation. It's unusual to see them use something else, but not unheard of. IP address doesn't show the usual scammer hot spots. Google has a few hits on it, but nothing on scammer sites. The falling in love so quickly bit always worries me as it's something scammers often claim. As for the picture, you can post it if you want or PM it to someone to look at. Even if no one recognises it, there's no guarantee it's not a scammer. Right now, if you hadn't mentioned the falling in love bit then I'd have said it's probably a real girl. That bit though always acts as a red flag. Try Googling parts of her letters to see if it shows anything up. Look for unusual parts, maybe sentences phrased oddly. I couldn't say for sure one way or the other from what you've posted.

** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has she mentioned anything like a BTA/PTA/TAF, or any sort of funding required to leave/enter the country?
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slonik - You can confirm she is a scammer by starting a second conversation, using another e-mail address and identity. See if she sends the same responses to your second character, too.

Bruin
Poccia
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slonik,

As a European bloke, having lived in Russia for a year and travelled around (picking up the language), and having more of an insight into the mentality of ladies out there, I know that some are desperate for an economic exit - which they may see as you.

If the girl keeps up a correspondence without ever asking for money - I mean *ever*, then its probably OK.

Just tread with caution - even after two long-term relationships with Russian girls (1.5yrs, and 2 yrs) I am still extremely cautious. They're mentality is quite different in their approaches to relationships. You think you know someone... but read the signs.

We in the West tend to think of relationships as 'partnerships' (hopefully of equals), however for them its a zero-sum game.

Of course I am generalising, but I'd be more careful of a girl who hadn't been to the West.

Good luck, and 'vsego dobrogo'*

Poccia

*All the best.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic