SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

Yahoo closed my account during my favorite bait!

View next topic
View previous topic

DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just setup a new catcher account for the lad shuttle that recently started and after unsuccessfully logging into my account tonight found out it has been closed. The reason I think for this is because I send out about 200 emails to lads earlier today. I know I probably shouldn't be sending this many emails at once but I have many times before. The only reasons I can think they would do this is because its a new account or someone complained. The worst part is I just found a new lad a couple weeks ago that wanted to join my wood carving program. After sending him only five messages he sent me pics showing he had started the piece he had to complete to join. I didn't even have to ask the lad for any pics he just sent them to me. The lad sent me these pics Friday and said he would send me the completed pics Wednesday. This really sucks because I can't remember exactly what his email address was and I never even had to send him a phone number. Has anyone had any success with emailing Yahoo and telling them your a baiter to get your account reinstated?

^ I want that Gnome in the upper right corner
^ Can you tell who the lad is?

Last edited by DoctorPhil on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Random
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No ideas, Dr. Phil.
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice blowout, Dr Phil. Can you either link to the images or resize so they are no wider than 600 pixels? Everyone hates scrolling horizontally Wink

Also, take a tip from the lads: Keep records of lad email addresses and develop a backup strategy should it all go pear shaped.

Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just for my own information, what violations of Yahoo’s or Gmail’s TOS are being violated by baiters exactly? You know, so I don’t make the same violations.
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I apologize to everyone that hates scrolling horizontally the problem has been fixed. Very Happy

I will start recording lads emails but accounts being closed have never been a problem for me. I have responded to every email the shuttle sends me and its a brand new account so I guess that raised some flags maybe. Has anyone else had problems with sending lads too many emails in one day?

Last edited by DoctorPhil on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Random
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

EDIT: AGH! Dr. Phil ninja'd me!

Ghost wrote:
Just for my own information, what violations of Yahoo’s or Gmail’s TOS are being violated by baiters exactly? You know, so I don’t make the same violations.

From Google's Terms of Use...

Quote:
3. Proper Use.
[...]
(iv) use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose;

Quote:
4. Content of the service

Google also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues (including, without limitation, the filtering of spam), (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of Google, its users and the public.

That's a start.
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the info, so just about everything we do is a violation of there TOS

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic