SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

The Lads Just Don't Try Anymore Do They?

View next topic
View previous topic

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember the old days ( Wink ) when a lad would go out of his way to impress upon you the serious nature of his offer, and would be sure to dot his "i's" and cross his "t's". Now, it's just anyone who can slap together a script and send off an email -- kids nowadays:

Quote:
Dear [BAITER],

I am Hillary Bottenhorn, a British born South African citizen. I crave for your indulgence to read and pay attention to this investment opportunity. I have a strong connection and access to the sum of $2.6M (Two Million, Six Hundred Thousand US Dollars) to invest in your care or through your organisation for onward profitable investment in your country.

Hope to read from you soon

Best Regards
Dave

Rolling Eyes

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe he's a crossdresser with split personalities and would like to donate all that money to support crossdressing organisations and gender re-assignment operations!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Imus_Naile
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have gotten the mugu to the 6th email while I send the same email over and over to them... My record is 9.. I think I got it with this guy. He hasn't asked me to contract anyone else yet. That is usually whn they get off script and tell me to do that stupid first name/last name/married?/account#/blah blah.

"I appologize,

My name is Imu$ [email protected] and I am the director of @[email protected] @rtw0rk LTD, and my websites are http://xxxx.net and http://xxxxxxxxxxx.net . We pay scholarship money for paintings. Up to $25,000 per painting depending on the work!

I cannot help you at this time unless you are an artist.

Thanks,

Dr. Imu$ [email protected]"

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to support 419eater.com! Donate today!</a>
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lucky me, I won the "Irland" lottery and someone contacted me from Dublin to tell me this. When I replied I was immediately instructed to fill out the form which was an email asking for all my personal details including my fax number.

I wrote back and asked him to send the official claim form as a PDF attachment. He says there is no attachment but this email now contains a color picture of "him" and a color logo for Lottery award office.

I don't answer for a couple of days and I get an URGENT email asking me to "fell the form". I told him that I would like to "fell the form" but my friend said this must be a fake if there was no form attached in PDF format. It took a couple more days but I get another email proclaiming the form was attached. The idiot sent me a picture of his "in box" of his mail program. He has now added more a return address to his email regarding his offices. The phone, fax, etc. are all the same but the address doesn't quite match the one in the Lottery award office logo.

What do I tell him now?
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Razor-

There isn't even a link to bbc or cnn in that email. How are you supposed to verify such a thing. Must be fake. Rolling Eyes

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Redshoes, hi there, welcome to Eater. Maybe it would have been easier if you had started your own tread in the help section, since your question doesn't have much to do with Razor's remark. But there are a number of things you can tell him basically. Whatever you do, do NOT inform him of the addressses not matching. I would not have asked him for a PDF file to begin with, since this will help the scammer to improve his script. But as you are this far in the bait, ignore the not matching addresses or anything that might help a real victim see the light of day and ask him questions that will waste his time. Why not ask him to confirm that the prize is in EURO, since you only have a EURO account. Or ask him if you are required to pay any taxes in your own country or what would be the best way to avoid paying taxes.

@ Razor: man or woman - place your bets now! Laughing You got yourself a keeper here!

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Either way I'm hitting on him/her! Twisted Evil

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Tommo Shanter
Swiss Toni

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Dave

Does he know our good friend Mr Derek Trotter? Laughing

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic