SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Please, please tell me this was a joke...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Man, I honestly hope, for the future of humanity as a whole that she was just out for a giggle or something. I mean, 10 seconds of fame etc...

Does anyone have a link to the video?

Internet wrote:
NEW YORK - Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."
It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing "the absolute worst use of lifelines ever."

After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question. The question was:

"Which of the following is the largest?"
A) A Peanut
B) An Elephant
C) The Moon
D) A Kettle?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readily know the answer.

"Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie," said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. "I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be."

Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.

"Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!" exclaimed Evans. "Darn. I think I better phone a friend."

Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.

"Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!" said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. "Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun."

Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds.

"Come on Betsy, are you sure?" said Evans. "How sure are you? Puh, that can't be it."

To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'

"I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience," said Evans.

Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.

"Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking," said the too-stupid-to-live Evans. "But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant. Final answer."
Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a joke:
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/current-issue.html#one
Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thankyou SF, I had started searching as your reply came in.. from the site you sent I quote:
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/current-issue.html#one wrote:
However, the incident described never happened. The article originates from BSNews.org, a satirical website that features fake news items on a variety of subjects. Within their original context, it should be clear to even gullible readers that the articles are satirical in nature and are not intended to be taken seriously. Even the name of the site (BS News) should alert astute visitors to its true nature. Moreover, the site includes the following disclaimer on its "About" page:

I had checked Snopes.com but I didn't see it - I guess they are a bit behind the times now.

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

She looks very familiar, i think she`s been on some sort of reality show in England, and became famous for 15 minutes for something really stupid,

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SlayerFaith wrote:
Its a joke

But for me it would have a touch of reality about it, some of the people around me are truely that thick.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>What's all the fuss about?

Everybody knows an elephant is bigger than the Moon. You just ask that nice Tom Hanks from Apollo 13. He covered it (the Moon) with his thumb, so he should know. Unless he's got the mother of all thumbs of course.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually Snopes does have an entry for it:

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/gameshows/millionaire.asp

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Ziggyzap
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So its not the peanut then?

MAY YOU DIE A DEAD BEFORE YOUR DEATH.

iF YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A TESTICLE BETWEEN YOUR TWO LEG GO AND GIVE YOUR
MOTHER BELLE EWU LIKE YOU
www.owenswinebar.co.nr
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SamSpudz wrote:
She looks very familiar, i think she`s been on some sort of reality show in England, and became famous for 15 minutes for something really stupid,

Nothing stupid noted. She won 32,000

Quote:

The photograph included with the message is a doctored adaptation of a legitimate screenshot from the UK version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire". The real question asked for another name for the "trachea" and had nothing to do with elephants or the moon. And the contestant's name is Fiona Wheeler, not "Kathy Evans" as claimed in the message. What's more, far from being stupid, Fiona answered the question correctly and won �32,000.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Spudz
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ I was referring to whatever show she was on previous to WWTBAM, but i can`t remember what it was, that episode of millionaire must have been some reality tv star special, either that or she just looks very much like the one i`m thinking about,

Javed Main:I received your e-mail message but cannot read very well due to the injection I took last night/Please for Gods sake i would'nt like you to address my bank as feck/You are a priest and you are bold enough to tell me that you took 3 bottles of the finest whiskey/Please i am not ready to take more of your insult.

NIGERIA HE GOAT
IF YOU EVER SEND THIS TYPE OF THINGS TO MY EMAIL;; I WILL SHOW MY SELF TO YOU BASTAD NIGERIA HE GOAT....F*CK OFF AND DIE OF UNGER

YOU ARE SUCH A NONENTITY, I NEVER KNEW PEOPLE LIKE YOU STILL IN EXISTENCE. WHAT AN INGLORIOUS BASTARD ARE YOU?

Closed lad accounts x 10-2x33/8 you do the hokey cokey and you turn around and that's what it's all about
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What?! Elephants are NOT larger than the moon? I just failed my physics exam Laughing

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After (not before), WWTBAM Wink

Quote:
Fiona Wheeler, famous for her wish to bathe in a bath of chocolate (something she later did do in a subsequent photo shoot)

No wonder they took the piss out of her Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ She looks awfully familiar to me too. Wife Swap maybe?

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Thats exactly what i was thinking, but i can`t find anything about her at the WS site, and you know yourself, it`s the most obnoxious ones on WS that are the most memorable!! Laughing Did you hear Lizzy Bardsley faces jail over beating up a 14 year old boy?... What a star Laughing

NIGERIA HE GOAT

The False Italian
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Jokes aside, the original question has to appear on any new anti-terror forms from now on. Laughing
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>I think it's a trick question, as they don't specify what type of kettle it is.

Obviously elephants eat peanuts, so the nuts are out.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or even which moon, there are some titchy tiny ones around. I think.

pony
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

but then the moons would still be larger than elephants...

And when they say "The moon", it would refer to "The moon" that orbits the earth...

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SP, I don't know about any of that now... See Pluto has been demoted from planet to something else. Maybe "the" moon is next. They might even call it "elephant"... Shocked

Sounds like a good thesis topic. Laughing

PS how does one eat an elephant?

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You have to cook it first

Quote:
Ingredients

1 Elephant
10 Warthog
100 kilogram tomatoes
half ton potatoes
2 bags onions
100 kilogram salt
1 wheelbarrow onions (heaped)
10 liter vinegar
20 liter chutney
4 Guineafowl

Method

Hunt the elephant, warthog and guineafowl. Hang guineafowl to ripen. Cut elephant into edible chunks, (will take about a month). Boil the warthog with other ingredients (except guineafowl) till nice and juicy. Now boil elephant chunks over high flames till tender. (will take about 4 weeks) and add everything together. Boil for another 5 to 7 days.

Produces about 3,500 helpings.

Note: If the above isn't enough, add the guineafowl as well.

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lotta clapping

That is a lot better than my answer! bow_down

With all of that food, lets partay! happy crowd

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I realize how stupid I am when I try to act serious

<waits patiently for a clever joke from Klein>

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
1 wheelbarrow onions (heaped)

LMAO. Laughing

Can I substitute shallots for the onions, as Morrisons have a 2 tons for the price of 1 ton offer on at present?

We also have a glut of 1000, 000 bootiful Norfolk turkeys here at the moment. Do you have any good recipes to use them up? Sadly, freezing them isn't an option, as the local Birds Eye frozen food factory closed down a couple of months ago and my chest freezer is full.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic