SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

bizarre post - but lets go for it...........

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
fengibbon
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK,

Absolutley nothing Baiter related hence in the general section....

I have very recently taken on a new team at work, some of whom we say have some 'development opportunities and needs '..... work in insurance industry and managing a reasonably educated bunch of people........

Basically, my remit is to get the team into shape and ensure we start to deliver some "high quality outputs" - oh I love management speak......... Very Happy

What I am asking for help on is some pictures (preferably) or examples of similar products or sevices but good and bad (eg BA or Qantas v Air Nigeria) or for those in the UK (Aldi v Marks & Spencer foodhalls) to install the perception that a quality commodity has a certain consistency and feel that oozes quality.

Also, any tales of how you did this would be appreciated......

Cheers

Fen.

"I hope you ar happi at making me look big fool. I will com to Amerika, hunt you down like fuking hyena." -- Samuel Odabake September 06. - Good hunting Sam, you are 5,000 miles away!!!

"Why you traet me like smal boi foool" -- Brother Nicolas ------ Because you are?
Padme

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In a former job I needed to help some folks that were not performing well. My strategy was different than what they were used to so I said if they take my advice than if we succeed they can take credit and if we fail I'll take the blame.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Something like this?

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

get a few Dilberts

hug the trolls - maybe it will help them to stop being a worthless piece of trash

CellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphoneCellphone CellphoneCellphoneCellphone Cayman Islands United Kingdom x3 Nigeria
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ South Lake Tahoe City Council Meeting.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No need to show pictures or make pointless speeches to motivate your team.

At the end of the first week just get them one by one into your office and ask them "exactly what is it you do around here"? Come Monday they'll be bouncing off the walls with new and original ideas.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
sheila_blyge
Master Baiter

Location: Doing my worst with NN to a tied up JM under the watchful eye of the Teacup!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahhh. Familiar territory here.

We usually work with manufacturing companies rather than financial sector or services, but people are people.

The classic Quality Assurance comparison example always used to be Rolls Royce vs Mini.

Technically, you're not talking 'quality' here though, but grade. 'Quality' according to the ISO standard definition boils down to 'fit for purpose'.

So for example, Aldi sell cheap stuff without the frills, of a standard that their customers are happy with. Therefore they are still provide 'quality'. Just that it's a different 'grade' of product/service.

I suppose what you're looking for is instilling a sense of pride in the team, and getting across that your product and service should be BETTER than the customers' expectations. The way to do that is to take the overall objectives, i.e. improvement in sales, or whatever, and start breaking that down into more practical objectives that all work towards achieving the top management objective.

From there, you can start setting measures (or Key Performance Indicators) [hark at me, wiv' me techie speak!], so that everyone knows exactly what's expected of them. Strangely, even though being measured would seem to be something that p's people off, we always find that knowing exactly what they're doing and what's expected is a huge motivator instead.

Of course, in order to be able to 'measure' and set targets, you have to have the systems in place to be able to collect and report the relevant data. I always point out that 'just because it's easy to measure, doesn't mean it's relevant', and also that 'just because it's urgent, doesn't mean it's important'.

If you're doing training, it's always nice to have 'consequences' of not doing things correctly. Not sure how it would work for you, but I always like to use the Piper Alpha disaster as my example, since the chain of events that caused the eventual explosion started with one piece of paper (a 'permit to work' form from a maintenance guy) not being filled in and filed where it should have been!

So I guess, to save boring the pants off others on the forum any further, if you think it's worthwhile bouncing stuff off another brain, feel free to PM. Trouble-shooting in small companies or teams is what we do. When we're not purveying products and clothing of a dubious nature, anyway Very Happy

pony pony pony
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic