SmartFeedSmartFeed          

Porsche Hangout


WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!


 Ethics, ITP's, definitions of, & what is acceptable thre

View next topic
View previous topic
 
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
YeaWhatever
unimaginable bastard pig
unimaginable bastard pig


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 4188
Location: Secret Lair


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This might sound sort of weird but some of the stuff that I have seen on this board that has made me laugh the hardest has been some of the comments that have been directed at me and others about what they have done to lads. One of my all-time favorite quotes went something like the following...
Quote:
It's just shocking to see someone being so mercilessly fucked over by one of the good guys.


For whatever reason, that one still makes me laugh.

_________________
<a href="http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm" target="_blank">
Safari<i>"I just want to know why."</i> - Koffi Kuku - The Road to Chad/Darfur
Safari<i>"We are in Kampala."</i> - Bernard Martin - The Road to the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailSkype Name
jojobean
Baiting Guru


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 7586
Location: YOU WILL DRINK YOUR URINE IN A COMERCIAL BUS


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^

From my favourite ethics thread.

_________________
Golden Pith Globe T.W.A.T Jack Boot
Christ Safari Ghana-Chad
Miracle Safari Benin-Chad
Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
View user's profileSend private message
Zorro
419Eater is my life


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Posts: 377
Location: In levitation


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pizzas anyone ...............?

_________________
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop

There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes, you know he's crooked.

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
View user's profileSend private message
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 41


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gordon wrote:
TS, I was genuinely surprised at you.


I'm not sure why.

I really don't have anything against ethics threads, provided they actually accomplish something positive. If you dig back in the archives you may find a few threads that questioned the way things were being done here and eventually shaped a new direction that the Eater community took. Cashbaiting would be one type discussion, I suppose. Sadly, many of the threads that I read when I first signed up don't exist anymore after the server crash and move last year.

There are other types of ethics threads, however, that accomplish nothing. They are usually characterized by a member claiming the moral highground while accusing everyone who disagrees with his/her position of being morally bankrupt or deficient. Portions of posts are quoted back and forth as each side tries to make its point, occasionally some name calling is tossed in for good measure, and the final outcome is 'if it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it,' or one of its variations.

Nothing positive to that at all- Eater doesn't take a new direction, no concrete agreement is reached and, for the members who have seen this type of thread more than once, it merely ensures that more people will automatically roll their eyes the next time an ethics thread is started, instead of reading the post and debating its merits or lack of.

The reason for my snark, however, had to do solely with my belief that this debate was restarted only for the purpose of taking a swipe at the moderator who deleted Foss' "dog wanking" post.

_________________

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
View user's profileSend private message
SlayerFaith
"Loves her joy stick"


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 5778
Location: Vegas, baby!


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GordonBennett wrote:
No-one likes a criminal except other crims.

Umm... if this is true, then everyone involved is a criminal, no? For those saying that the rest of the choir doesn't know that the lad is scamming... Honey, please. Do you really think the yahoo yahoo boy hides what he does for living? Sure he does, the same way a Los Angeles gang member hides the money he makes from from dealing drugs and illegal weapons when he shows up for church on Sunday wearing a ton of bling-bling around his neck, or cruises the neighborhood in his new caddy every afternoon.

Give the members of the choir some credit for having a brain. They know exactly how this guy "earns" his money, and have chosen to follow him. Don't forget that the choir members who wanted payment upfront were dismissed. They were the honest ones, the rest are just rolling the dice and going along hoping for a payday.

Call it what you want, but knowing a criminal is one thing... going into business with him is another.

_________________
Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
View user's profileSend private message
Foss
Master Baiter


Joined: 18 May 2007
Posts: 170
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry folks, needed sleep and things.

@yeawhatever and Jojo

Believe me, this has nothing to do with what you do to the lads. I really have no qualms about them being punished to the extreme limits of your imagination. this is about including innocent thrid parties.

Now, I think I probably need to clarify what I mean by 3rd parties, because a lot of people seem to believe that including people doing their day to day job as being one. My opinion is that if a 3rd party has performed their job, as they normally would, and has not really had any experience from a bait that they would not have come across if they were doing their day to day job normally then I don't have an issue.

My issue is where a 3rd party is involved directly as a bait, and could potentially be adversely impacted as a result of it. I think there is a significant differnece between the two.

@Jimmy Jazz


I agree, there is a lot of jumping ot conclusions, but I work on the hteory that an innocent is innocent until proven guilty. I know its a tough concept for people to grasp but I think it is a more appropriate way to view things. Lack of evidence should suggest that that action has not occurred. In a similar vein, without evidence that the people are being paid, I fail to see how you can use that to justify an argument. It'd be like me saying there are flying pigs because in my mind I think that they probably can.

@TSnerd

Firstly, no idea what navel gazing means to tell you the truth. Head down staring at my stomach??? Seems a little bizare but oh well.

As for the claim that you think that this is an attack on someone that deleted my post and I had made it personal. In all honesty, that post was not really at the forefront of my mind at any point during this, until SP decided that something inappropriate enough to delete in the forum is appropriate enough to then post in the forum to help out his side.

However, SP convieniently didn't post my message to him regarding the deletion of the post, which I have decided to quote below, because heaven forbid that he should try to take an objective approach to a debate:

Quote:
No worries mate. It was more of a theory about how far I could get them to go. I guss it would have made more sense if I had of explained that my current alias is that of a Dog Breeder, and I was thinking that I don't really want them to find dogs to send, because that'd be cruel, but I may be able to get them to do something worse that wouldn't harm an animal.

Fair enough though. Sorry about that mate. I was just seeing whether everyone thought that I may have been taking it a bit far. Now I need to come up with another plan to do with dog breeding. Any ideas?


Now, I read that and I think to myself that that is not the response of a bitter person. I mean, you may read more into things such as "No worries mate", because that is obviously the sign of someone pissed off. Or maybe the "fair enough though" or "Sorry about that mate" part was the resentful part. Can't quite work it out myself, so if you'd like to explain it to me TS it'd be much appreciated. Though, I have afeeling that you may struggle.

I could have included that as a response earlier, but i didn't think that it was related to the argument at hand. However, you decided to take the side of a person that had been here a long time and was a respectable Mod because it suited your impression of the situation, and impression guided by the fact that one of us decided to display part of a story to suit his own personal needs. It wasn't me who attempted to make this personal, and I'd like you to realise that, and drop that kind of argument against me, because I have a lot more character than that.

Now, back on to the more general ethics debate which I was trying to raise. I still have not seen a single argument from any person regarding why is is justifiable to include innocent 3rd parties in a bait. I honestly look forward to reading some reasoning. I am not set in my ways, and if you can give me perfectly valid arguments why, without sounding like you just like to bully people I may be willing to change my opinions. Anyone??
View user's profileSend private message
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 660
Location: In the Darkness


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey foss,

I may be way off topic here but you seem to be going on about involving innocent 3rd parties ???? no experienced baiter here would ever do such a thing as involve innocent people in their baits and it is not condoned to do so here in this forum.

For that reason alone I do not think anyone here will try to justify that action. The closest you would get to setting someone up is setting one mugu against another, which is condoned and is fun too Twisted Evil

_________________
DARKNESS IS A PLACE WHERE ONLY FEAR LIVES. Oh and me too Smile

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
View user's profileSend private message
Don
Baiting Guru


Joined: 25 May 2004
Posts: 3045
Location: Italy, 87.2.222.132


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
ingredients
5 oz guanciale (unsmoked cured hog jowl) or pancetta (actually Speck will do Wink)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 lb spaghetti
3 large eggs
1 1/2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated (3/4 cup)
3/4 oz Pecorino Romano, finely grated (1/3 cup)
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

preparation
Cut guanciale or pancetta into 1/3-inch dice, then cook in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until fat begins to render, 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, about 10 minutes. Add wine and boil until reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes.

Cook spaghetti in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.

While pasta is cooking, whisk together eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano , Pecorino Romano (1/3 cup), 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.

Drain spaghetti in a colander and add to onion mixture, then toss with tongs over moderate heat until coated. Remove from heat and add egg mixture, tossing to combine. Serve immediately.

Cooks' note:
The eggs in this recipe will not be fully cooked, which may be of concern if there is a problem with salmonella in your area.

_________________
Mortar x12
No sugar plum fairies have been hurt during the process of creating this message.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerSkype Name
Foss
Master Baiter


Joined: 18 May 2007
Posts: 170
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dark Spirit wrote:
Hey foss,

I may be way off topic here but you seem to be going on about involving innocent 3rd parties ???? no experienced baiter here would ever do such a thing as involve innocent people in their baits and it is not condoned to do so here in this forum.

For that reason alone I do not think anyone here will try to justify that action. The closest you would get to setting someone up is setting one mugu against another, which is condoned and is fun too Twisted Evil


I agree wholeheartedly. This debate is really about where do you draw the line. If you are baiting a lad, and because of directives you give him he involves innocent 3rd parties in a manner which directly impacts on their well being, should you not stop him?

You pretty much sum up my opinion exactly in that we should not be doing that. However, people appear to put their own amusement before their baiters responsibilities. One mugu against another, fine and dandy. One mugu and someone who we do not know whether they are a mugu or not. Not so good.
View user's profileSend private message
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 660
Location: In the Darkness


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Excellent receipe Don, so what time's lunch?

And why are you not using metric measurements ? Cool

@ Foss

You beat me to the post but yes I agree with you, we as baiters must know the limits Wink

_________________
DARKNESS IS A PLACE WHERE ONLY FEAR LIVES. Oh and me too Smile

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony

Last edited by Dark Spirit on Thu May 31, 2007 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private message
Foss
Master Baiter


Joined: 18 May 2007
Posts: 170
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:
Quote:
ingredients
5 oz guanciale (unsmoked cured hog jowl) or pancetta (actually Speck will do Wink)
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 lb spaghetti
3 large eggs
1 1/2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated (3/4 cup)
3/4 oz Pecorino Romano, finely grated (1/3 cup)
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

[Cooks' note:
The eggs in this recipe will not be fully cooked, which may be of concern if there is a problem with salmonella in your area.


Hog Jowl and potential Salmonella poisoning. Mmmmmmmm...
View user's profileSend private message
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 2829
Location: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
unsmoked cured hog jowl
Shocked Oh barf!

Slayerfaith wrote:
then everyone involved is a criminal
Curse your flawless logic! Smile But you know what I mean - it wasn't meant to be the literal truth.

Slayerfaith wrote:
They know exactly how this guy "earns" his money
But that's the point - how do you know? It's assumptions. If you see someone with jewelery turn up at church do you really 'know' they are criminals? What about a sweet little old lady? A young urban coloured guy? How do you know the guy didn't earn his money on the stock market and the little old lady didn't just fly in from Columbia with a kilo up her whatsit? Assumptions and stereotypes are a dangerous combo.
Innocent till proven guilty, not guilt by association or assumption.
And no, Rolling Eyes I don't think the choir think he is a stock broker, I think they probably guess a variety of sources of his money - if he has any, he seems to be such a twit that I doubt he is successful. There is a distinct possibility that they are just trusting and gullible. And mind-bogglingly stupid.

TSnerd wrote:
I really don't have anything against ethics threads
That's why I was surprised. I agree with 99% of what you say though (re. your last sentence, I didn't read it the way you did). I suppose you have to wade through a lot of crap in order to find a few gems of ethics, and to my mind this thread is starting to waver, but I think the central premise is worth debating. It just seems to hinge on not so much whether ITPs should be involved, but defining them.
I disagree with guilt by association, for the most part - the degree of complicity would be a moot point. My major concern - one of them - is the effect any bait would have on ITPs: surgical strike, neighbours cheering etc as I said above.
Having read YW's Road bait I don't actually have as much of a problem with it others seem to - BTW the email link is down, YW.

And is JimmyJazz's avatar Iggy Pop? I gots to know Smile

_________________
Ninja
DIE MUDER FUCKER

Purple Flower
View user's profileSend private message
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 41


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Foss wrote:
However, you decided to take the side of a person that had been here a long time and was a respectable Mod because it suited your impression of the situation...[snipped]


Not at all.

I came to that conclusion based on the information available to me at the time. Length of membership here matters even less to me than postcount.

_________________

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
View user's profileSend private message
Foss
Master Baiter


Joined: 18 May 2007
Posts: 170
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

edit: Full quote of previous post removed. Look up, it's all there ^^^^ (Don)

Sorry about that. It was just that I seem to cop a lot of flak just because I have only just started posting in here. I just took your post to be another one of that little select club, and I apologise.
View user's profileSend private message
Don
Baiting Guru


Joined: 25 May 2004
Posts: 3045
Location: Italy, 87.2.222.132


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dark Spirit wrote:
And why are you not using metric measurements ?


Because I trust continental Europeans to google a converting tool. Brits on the other hand... Rolling Eyes Laughing *

Foss wrote:
Hog Jowl and potential Salmonella poisoning. Mmmmmmmm...


I choose to ignore your obsessed ramblings and would like to ask you to see me as a third party and not hassle my innocent parallel thread. Thank you.

_________________
Mortar x12
No sugar plum fairies have been hurt during the process of creating this message.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerSkype Name
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 41


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fair enough.

I apologize, also. Very Happy My conclusion was wrong.

And he was too slow to edit the post himself. Again. (Don)

Oh, sure. Rub it in.... Sad

_________________

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !

Last edited by Tsnerd on Thu May 31, 2007 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private message
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 2829
Location: Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I apologise too - not sure why, but we seem to have gone all touchy-feely and I love a crowd.

Anyway, none of you swine would tell me that it was Iggy Pop, so I asked that nice Mr Google. Funnily enough he pointed me at this http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/iggypop/iggypop14.html in which the nice Mr Pop (or one of his stooges) expresses his opinion of speck. Very Happy

_________________
Ninja
DIE MUDER FUCKER

Purple Flower
View user's profileSend private message
thefife
"Mercedes Dealer"


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2261
Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Foss wrote:
This debate is really about where do you draw the line.


I think preventing ITPs from having a great time doing what they enjoy doing with or without the lad's involvement is going over the line. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Still can't believe 6 pages over a song & dance performed by a CHOIR.

Let's assume every person other than the lad was actually innocent & oblivious. I believe it's a safe assumption that the CHOIR members might be spotted singing somewhere even if the lad hadn't come along so how could their wellbeing be adversely affected or even foreseeably adversely affected? Singing is not an inherently dangerous activity. Those people actually like to sing & are apparently good at it too. Like you said, if the TP would be going about his normal routine when dealing with the lad there is no real issue. Well this is what they would normally be doing in their spare time regardless, CHOIRS do sing after all, so what is the big deal? Or were you refering to job duties only & not leisure activities?

Let the ITPs have their fun!!! Last I checked, we are not the fun police (unless that's what those badges really stand for). Confused

_________________
Mercedes-Benz Safari Invitational Peter S0lomon Pith Helmet Lagos to Calabar Pith Helmet Lagos to Kano via Abuja (w/ OxygenDeprived)

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)


Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)


Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
View user's profileSend private message
Foss
Master Baiter


Joined: 18 May 2007
Posts: 170
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To tell you the truth, we were trying to steer this away from that particular thread, and more towards the ethics of 3rd party involvement. I was using that thread as an example, because it was the most recent and popular one in recent times.

It was not meant to be a discussion about the church choir in particular. Unfortunately people just focused on that part of the argument.

maybe a mod could change the heading to something to reflect less of the village people, and more of the whole 3rd party involvment thing.
View user's profileSend private message
Red
Flag Whore


Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 2543
Location: 6°27′11″N 3°23′45″E


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can I just say, from an empirical standpoint there is no ethical question here.

The baiter is not involving 3rd parties. (NB: When I mention 3rd parties I am talking about 3rd parties in respect to this bait, not bait's in general).

The scammer may be, but that is the scammer's prerogative.

You cannot stop him involving 3rd parties, and 3rd parties cannot (hopefully) be forced to accept his proposals.

He makes a representation to them, just as he does to you when he writes to you "I am Col. Gen. Sgt. Happy Gopluckmyself and I need your help...".

You are not making any representation of any sort to any 3rd party. (By 'you' I mean any baiter in general).

The fact that they choose to accept what he is saying is, to be judicial, their own decision. They more than likely know what this guy does for a living... he lies. Moreover, he is not trying to scam them, they are not his victims, they are his accomplices.

Obviously if you were baiting and you knew your bait would be detrimental to 3rd parties in general then that would raise ethical questions.

But ask yourself this: Are you hurting 3rd parties when you send your lad to, lets say, Chad where you know he's going to run out of money and more than likely scam/steal in order to get home. Be that by not paying his fare, siphoning petrol or simply stowing away?

Answer, in my opinion: No. He is hurting them, and if you tiptoe forever he will simply continue to do so, but with much greater ease.


Last edited by Red on Thu May 31, 2007 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private message
thefife
"Mercedes Dealer"


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2261
Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Foss Ahh ok...well then I think if the ITP gets to have a smashing good time doing something they enjoy anyway I don't see the problem. If the ITP winds up suffering physical pain as a result well then that's not so good obviously. I've never seen anyone suggest causing or potentially causing trauma to an ITP is acceptable. Say you have your lad round up 10 people to go pick flowers with him, that is not something worthy of an ethics discussion IMO. If you have the lad round up 10 people to go wrestle crocodiles, test out a new pipe bomb design, jump off the roof of a house, drive a car into a brick wall at 50 mph, etc. well ok then we'd have something to discuss.

_________________
Mercedes-Benz Safari Invitational Peter S0lomon Pith Helmet Lagos to Calabar Pith Helmet Lagos to Kano via Abuja (w/ OxygenDeprived)

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)


Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)


Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
View user's profileSend private message
Malleus
Not quite a Newb


Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 76
Location: In my top secret hideout


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're only really hurting the scammer. If he tells his friends that they will get paid for the village people performance and then he does not pay them he will become untrustworthy and probably unpopular to boot.

He may also end up feeling rather stupid and quit his scamming career altogether.

Thopse guys looked like they were having fun to me, definitely not being hurt. I'm sure if any of those people had anything better to do - for instance hunt buffalo, police the streets, construct a building of round up some cattle - I'm sure they would have done so.

So in the end those villagers have had a bit of a laugh and the scammer will not further his cause.
View user's profileSend private message
Fatbastard
Master Baiter


Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 143


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And here I thought I was going to get my post count up! Crying or Very sad

thefife and malleus have just covered everything I have to say on the subject damn near word for word.

_________________
PLEASE DON'T CALL ME ANY MORE EXCERT IF YOU BECOME AS NORMAL AS A HUMSAN BEING - B. Williams

I think you are looking for someone to transfer your aids sickness to,God punish you ther fool,you white beast.i wish you go and die just like your whole family did,ANIMAL. - K. Lewis

i don't want you to help me anymore because you useing my life like a rat ok. - Peee Ubanga

All l need from you now is to clam down your self please. - James Duma
View user's profileSend private message
thefife
"Mercedes Dealer"


Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 2261
Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ Oh did I forget to mention I'm psychic? Embarassed

Laughing

_________________
Mercedes-Benz Safari Invitational Peter S0lomon Pith Helmet Lagos to Calabar Pith Helmet Lagos to Kano via Abuja (w/ OxygenDeprived)

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)


Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)


Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
View user's profileSend private message
Dark Spirit
Master of Master Baiters


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 660
Location: In the Darkness


PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote

Quote:
Because I trust continental Europeans to google a converting tool. Brits on the other hand...


Damm, I hate to say it being British but, YEP you are right Laughing Laughing

OK all appologies accepted so what time does the group hug start Laughing Laughing Laughing

_________________
DARKNESS IS A PLACE WHERE ONLY FEAR LIVES. Oh and me too Smile

God himself wii judge you for trying to delay and make someones life a waste, Mother felicia, April 30th 2007
Thanks very much for fooling me ok and i dont have any other thing to say, Helimina Bright, May 1st 2007
Pleasantly, that we have understanding and continue intercourse, Elena USSR vlad, May 1st 2007
"read the stickies and the faqs." Newbie forum
pony
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


 Jump to:   



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



** Find out information about your IP address **


All Content © 2003 - 419Eater.com
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :S5: FI Theme :: All times are GMT