SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ethics, ITP's, definitions of, & what is acceptable thre

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You will have to lend me some then Very Happy

you know the amount we are talking here is not a peanut .

U're a slot!!
GordonBennett
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing
Actually - ..GWB wants the choir to perform the Monty Python fish slapping dance.. live feed to the Whitehouse.. dossier comes announcing lad is scammer.. GWB cancels on the spot.. fish-holding people vent frustration..

Come on SP, you can do it (have I just shot myself in the foot regarding ethics?) Very Happy

Purple Flower
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Don't tempt me Laughing

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Poison Ivy
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd love to see them do Fork Handles.

you know the amount we are talking here is not a peanut .

U're a slot!!
Jimmy Jazz
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GordonBennett wrote:
And is JimmyJazz's avatar Iggy Pop? I gots to know Smile

It sure is.

And there endeth my involvement in this particular thread!

I like you because I can sense some kind of strictness in you which reassures me that you are a straigth forward person - M@mudu U5m@n

"I must tell you that you must be one of these internet bugs parasites" - An ongoing lad.

ASSHOL, EAT YOUR DEFICATE., USELESS SOON OF BITCH, POLICT TOILET AND A MISSRABLE ONDIGAR BORN TO BE FAUSTRATED FOR LIFE THAT IS WHAT YOUR ARE.OK - Barrister D0ugla5 Clarl3

pony Closed lad accounts x 4
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oops Embarassed

Sorry Corona Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Foss wrote:
@red That is really the gist of the argument. the question you have to ask is whether the 3rd parties would have performed the task if it wasn't for the baiter? Would they, in their day to day living/working/existing have performed this activity if the baiter had not been involved.

If you say no, then the baiter does have some kind of involvement in the scamming of individuals. Just because the baiter personally didn't approach the ITP themselves doesn't mean that they can remove themselves from the responsibility of the actions of the scammer.
Refer to my post pages back regarding the case in NZ were the guys motivating another man to commit armed robberies we held responsible for the murders that occurred. they didn't commit the offence, nor did they suggest that he committed the murders, but they influenced him to proceed in a course of action which resulted in them occurring.

I hear what you're saying, but:

1. The example you gave about the armed robberies was a legal example, not an ethical one.

2. Would they have performed this if the baiter hadn't been involved?

No.

Are they suffering as a result of the baiter being involved?

No.

If they suffer at all it is a result of the scammer being involved, not the baiter.

You tell your lad to go and pick something up from WU and off he goes. Now when he gets there expecting his pay cheque and finds he has nothing he is wasting the time of the clerk at WU and more than likely berating the clerk for failing to find his payment.

Did the 3rd party suffer as a result of what the baiter did or as a result of what the scammer did?

Remember... the scammer is the one who initiates these activities.

The baiter simply goes along with it.

Don't confuse your personal morals with ethics in general.

Ethical consideration is about compromise and reality. In a perfect world scammers would only hurt themselves and no one else... but that's not the reality we live in and if you were to take the strict view that ITPs could not be involved even as a possibility then baiting would become near impossible.

The ITPs in the village people gig presumably know who he is. Beyond that, you could send them an email warning them who he is... but if they continue to choose to do what he wants, then so be it. They are not suffering.

If you were to lodge a writ for 'psychological damages' every time you got disappointed you'd be a poor man.

The worst that will is happen is that they are back in exactly the same place as where they started, except this time, they have something to show for it. And someone to blame. The lad.
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

*sigh*

Idea

You know, scammers are actually a lot like the Nazis...

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gantz wrote:
*sigh*

Idea

You know, scammers are actually a lot like the Nazis...

More like the bay of pigs surely?

I mean, my lad is clearly more akin to JFK's advisers Very Happy

fair point cobber, OT duly noted...
Gantz
419Eater is my life

Location: Sitting on the most uncomfortable chair it has ever been my misfortune to own. It numbs my bum :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you misunderstood red. Follow this Link to see what I meant.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No no, i understood, it is a forum phenomenon everywhere.

I was just taking the mickey (admittedly poorly).

Completely out of line statement removed. - Lotta
Gantz
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

*stays quiet*

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@red

I've removed that ridiculous statement you made in your last post.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
frankireland
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh dear another ethics thread. Foss, SP himself said he felt sorry for the choir singers, i think we all agree on that (about the innocent ones anyway)
I am sure however that most of them know that the man is a scam artist.
The culture over there glorifies them. I bet you havn't seen the Nigerian video 'I go chop your dolla, you be the mugu, i be the master' Look at it and you will see.
Nobody was hurt, in fact the only person likely to be hurt is the scammer himself.
End of story,hell the choir may even have benefited from the extra practice.
Keep posting though Foss, discussion and debate are healthy, just in this particular instance I think it is safe to say that here most people will agree to disagree with you.

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
Gantz
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG! I've not seen that vid before. I wonder if it's the nigerian version of "Gangsta" rap?

A link to that would be a great insult in a dolla chop bait. Twisted Evil I s'pose that's been said before considering how old the vid is.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@foss and frank - very true about their society glorifying scammers.

Really good 60 minutes piece on the scams, that i'm sure was discussed to death here, showed that in Nigeria that it someone is seen to be cool or great if they can make money out of doing nothing.

Moreover, when police come in to shut down scamming rings etc the locals riot.

Why? because they're all getting rich off it. Maybe not all directly, but in general, they're all profiting from it.

You should have seen these people, they were pelting the police vans with rocks etc and shots were fired.

these 'ITPs' know exactly what's going on.

It really begs the question... if someone unwillingly participates in a scam are they in fact ITPs at all?

THEY are the ones scamming... if your mate told you that GWB was going to shout you a visa into the US if you dance a little what would you say?!
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread seems to be going adrift.

Who has got the keys?

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@red

Didn't see the 60 minutes piece, but I'll take your word for it. To tell you the truth, I never really considered the macroeconomic effects of a scam. When they come into money, of course they have to spend it, which is most likely to be in their local communities benefiting their community as a whole. Therefore you may be right, in that the whole community would know why they have cash, would know where is came from, and is more than happy to go along with it, because at the end of the day they know that they in fact also become beneficiaries of the scam.

I never considered it from that point of view. Won't make me change my mind approach to a bait, but it was exellent food for thought.
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote=foss]Won't make me change my mind approach to a bait, but it was exellent food for thought.
[/quote]

Nor should it.

Your morality is probably one of the reasons you baited in the first place.

I respect your opinions and if at any stage you ever feel like I'm telling you how to bait (I barely know myself!) then please slap me hard. Very Happy
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Foss wrote:
I never really considered the macroeconomic effects of a scam. When they come into money, of course they have to spend it, which is most likely to be in their local communities benefiting their community as a whole.

That's actually microeconomics. The money scammers spend in their local community might very well be beneficial, but the damage they have done to the economy and reputation of scamming "hot spots" like West Africa cannot even be calculated.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ I don�t know much about economics, but thinking of it on a global scale it doesn�t look too good again: Cause what do the scammers mainly buy? Cars, cell phones and other luxury goods. And where do they come from? Of course from the US, europe and so on. So the money doesn�t really stay in Nigeria in the end.
Not to think of the damage they cause to their country because the honest businessmen have problems because of their country�s reputation. Sad

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SlayerFaith wrote:
Foss wrote:
I never really considered the macroeconomic effects of a scam. When they come into money, of course they have to spend it, which is most likely to be in their local communities benefiting their community as a whole.

That's actually microeconomics. The money scammers spend in their local community might very well be beneficial, but the damage they have done to the economy and reputation of scamming "hot spots" like West Africa cannot even be calculated.

Ummm.... are you sure? I was under the impression that macroeconomics related to the performance of an economy as a whole whereas micro economics tends to relate with demand and supply of goods and services (the price impacts etc) and is more on how indiviuals make decisions. Though, it has been about 8 years since I studied economics in any proper detail.

I would have thought that the scammers money would represent the impacts on growth, inflation etc in the Nigerian economy. Though on a micro economic scale, the increase in money would mean that people are more willing to pay more for a limited resource, thus fueling inflation (macro effect). So I guess it is really a bit of both.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
You've just proved my point. The effects of individual scammers are microeconomic, but the cumulative effect of scamming is macroeconomic.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Foss
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I'll give you that. I was looking at it from an influx of money into an economy approach as opposed to the allocation of resources approach. It all depends on your definition of an economy, which could be a town, a region, a country.
Gantz
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Please stop you two, you're hurting my brain.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic