SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Captaininconsequential
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Found this site the other day and decided to join. I'm a student teacher (yes really) and am trying to learn enough about these scams to educate the unwashed masses.

I don't intend to proactively engage in scam baiting myself but am very happy to help out.

Good work guys! I got my first scam email about 5 years ago and have consigned every single one to my trash can, but I can well believe others who have not.

If I can help, please let me know.
Chief2B
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I only pop into this forum occasionally to see if any new "newdie" shots have been posted and I saw where no one has replied to your post. These heathens here are only after their own self gratification and probably just wasn't paying attention when you posted.

Welcome to the Eater and enjoy yourself!!
Captaininconsequential
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for that Chief. My interest in this is from an educational perspective. I've got the chance (through other interests) to raise awareness of these scams, so if I can, I will. I am also considering running courses to raise awareness. Do you think this is something that the members would support?

Thanks for your welcome!

Capt.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Captain C and do as much or as little as you wish, though personally I would think you will learn more if you participate.

We deal with everythng from fake bank sites, sweetheart scams, cheque mules, phone lads, standard 419's and my particular 'bete noire' - the charity scammers.

I only say that because we effectively learn to scam the scammers (though not for any illegal or un-ethical purpose) and in this way we learn so much better how their minds work and how they behave. It is a mind to mind battle of wits, and though often high hilarity is involved (not with charity scammers Twisted Evil ), the purpose is always the same, to thwart, frutrate, irritate, confound and waste their time and effort - more if we can.

You can get a general idea from the sidelines, but discovering the subtle nuances is harder that way. As an example I have received spam mail charity requests from third world countries that have turned out to be genuine - and others we have tracked down as scammers within an hour of investigating. How we do that is not a mystic art, but of great importance.

On a quick view what we do may appear shallow, but on deeper investgation there is a fair amount of intellect and cunning involved - but fun is included where possible.

If you ignore me - that's fine - I'm a sad BaitaHolic - including ASEM's I have over 40 going Shocked

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
halloween
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater.. Enjoy ur stay..

Cheers,
halloween

Nigeria
Captaininconsequential
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Gomer,

Thanks for your kind words. I read the charity scam thread about FacingAfrica - god it got my goat and then some. I'll probably wait until something like that gets going again and I'll bait with some real passion. I like what you say about getting the accounts closed down - it makes you feel like you're doing something really really worthwihle.

Cheers
Capt
schmoebob
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hay Cap,
Try this one out for your first:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103992

The scammer does not seem to be very smart, judging by the original message.

I have responded, since like Gomer I really like stomping these sickos as much as possible.

Enjoy!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic