SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Nightmare call centre

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SnowMonkey
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had approx 10 phone calls from this company over the last 3 days. It's an automated computer controlled calling system from their call centre. They are essentially calling to ask whether you want insurance and claim to work for Car Phone Warehouse o2 orange etc but do not. Here's another site that have been tracking them the good guys.
When I Googled the number it took me to a forum (motorcycle) thatgave several instances of the same issue. My question is, have any of you tried to bait or disrupt these types of nuisance centres?If so how? I really feel pissed off that they are causing so much misery to people and are charging us when they call you.
Thanks
SM
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How do you get on their list ?

I'd love them to listen to my 40 second premium rate answer message in Russian Laughing I'm very proud of it.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know where you live, but where I live, if a company or individual calls more than 3 times in a day (unsolicited), it's harrassment.... If you can document these calls, do so and then contact the phone company and make a complaint. If there is a "do not call" registry for your location, get your number on it.. Very Happy

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
SnowMonkey
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I live in the UK. Yes, a number of the people, including me are registered with the TPS (telephone preference service) and it doesnt make a difference. Ofcom have had numerouse complaints about them but Ofcom are toothless.
Isn't there a programme called 'Vampire' or something that continually blasts web site with the help of subscribers. Is that a possibility?
Cheers
SM
beenyboy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

all my numbers are registered with the TPS.

If i get calls from these guys, i keep them on for ages. I had a call from an Indian Call Centre saying they were 'Tele-Mobile' and kept them talking for an hour and a half, ended up asking where they got my number, who was their supervisor, manager, postal address, telephone number, inside leg measurement, etc. The Supervisor got to such a state where they hung up on me. I don't mind people working for a living, but when it's unsolicited and interupts me then i'll give them a hard time!!!

If i want insurance, etc i'll go and shop around for it.

Mr Chen .... I an ill having SARS.....Thank you so much for bringing me back into a kind of better lives to day through your wonderful advised to implement the (LEMSIP) as you prescribe it to me last November

Cellphone Mortar x10
Andrea Smith - fack u bitch

Tiddles - MIAOW!

Barister Robert Clay -YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE A TOUT AND ALL THIS WILL YOU HAVE BEEN WASTING MY TIME AND MY MONEY,JUST THANK YOUR GOD THAT YOU DID NOT FALL MUGU,OTHERWISE,I WOULD HAVE EATEN YOU RAW BASTARED.
FUCK YOU AND SUCK MY DEM ASS,FOOL.YOU THINK THAT I AM NOT SAMART AT DOING MY JOB.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just e-mailed to unsubscribe myself - even though I wasn't on their list. I should be now Laughing

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Tigbitties
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It might be worth registering a complaint with The Telephone Preference Service Here using their complaint handling service.

Click here for Singing Lads and listen to the back catalogue for talented lads singing. Includes Bohemian Rhapsody, Postman Pat, The Lumberjack Song, Nellie the Elephant, Old Macdonald Had a Farm, Money - That's what I Want and many more.
SnowMonkey
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tigbitties wrote:
It might be worth registering a complaint with The Telephone Preference Service Here using their complaint handling service.

As I wrote earlier, already done that, registered with TPS a while ago these boys just ignore it.
Thing is, when the number calls your phone, they don't answer, instead it either goes silent or IT RINGS AT THE OTHER END, making me believe that I am getting charged for call them so hang up (sorry bout the shouting, nearly went into mugu mode then Laughing )
SM
Tigbitties
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Snowmonkey. I know you�re registered with the TPS. You can�t log a complaint with them unless your phone number is already registered. If you lodge a complaint, they will take action against any UK company that phones a number registered with them. Just a thought.

Click here for Singing Lads and listen to the back catalogue for talented lads singing. Includes Bohemian Rhapsody, Postman Pat, The Lumberjack Song, Nellie the Elephant, Old Macdonald Had a Farm, Money - That's what I Want and many more.
SnowMonkey
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tigbitties wrote:
@Snowmonkey. I know you�re registered with the TPS. You can�t log a complaint with them unless your phone number is already registered. If you lodge a complaint, they will take action against any UK company that phones a number registered with them. Just a thought.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you wrote. Yes I have registered a complaint with them today, so lets hope they do something.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SnowMonkey wrote:

Thing is, when the number calls your phone, they don't answer, instead it either goes silent or IT RINGS AT THE OTHER END, making me believe that I am getting charged for call them so hang up

You don't get charged for it.
What they're doing is using a central computer dialler. It dials the numbers (yours and others) and then puts you through to them. The reason that the line rings is because the computer is making the connection from itself to the call-desk worker. It's basically an automated extension switchboard.
The reason that is sometimes goes silent is because the computer sometimes dials more numbers than the staff can handle. They quite literally ring you and leave you hanging because they are too busy.

Bloody cheeky if you ask me.
Ambdrvr2
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had a similar instance where a company called my mobile after 9 pm. So it was freetime for me.....

Most companies in the US (at least in my experience) have internal policies that say they will not hang up on the callee unless their employee is being abused, etc.

So they call me up, and ask for me by name. I say, "hang on, i'll go get him". 15 minutes later, I pick the phone back up, ask if they're still there. "Yes sir, still here," "Ok. I think I found him. He'll be right with you...."

Repeated that cycle (with minor variations) 5 times before they finally gave up.

Funny, haven't gotten a call from that company ever again.

"the phone is included with the extended file dilithium batteries" ....phonelad....

"we are located in United State, Kenturky."

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
Dareth Ioggmao
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got VOIP, so when I started getting these types of calls, I went to my account online and got all of the phone numbers. Then I used selective call forwarding to send all of their calls back to one of their other numbers. Now my phone never rings. Sad

Ambdrvr2
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

May have to try that next....

That's too funny. their phone gets forwarded to their own phones... Smile

"the phone is included with the extended file dilithium batteries" ....phonelad....

"we are located in United State, Kenturky."

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SnowMonkey, you are thinking of the Lad vampire here: http://wiki.aa419.org/index.php/Main_Page
If this is actually a legal (only annoying) company then a vampire attack would be a big no no as they aren't actually breaking the law.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The TPS can only take action against UK companies. If the PITA is based in India then they are powerless.

I keep getting calls from double glazing companies and I told one caller that if they sent thier surveyor round I would kill him and eat him; seemed to work as she sounded quite shocked.

I've also had an indian asking me not to swear when I say "f*ck me, that's a f*cking good f*cking deal, I'd be a f*cking c**t to miss out on that f*cker. what's your f*cking name again ya little c**t."

If they are female I try and chat them up, getting as suggestive as I can.

The bottom line for me is that if someone has rung me unbidden, then they are fair game.

get your baiting forms here
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

With the VOIP, I think it would be funnier to take the number that calls you and route it to another company.

As far as baiting them, it's not gonna happen. You can try, and if you are successful, you'll be a first.

pony <---- hee hee
Chester
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This isn't really 419 so I'm moving it to Misc scams.

I now considir you to be brian dead...I never calll you agen monkey! - Dr. Frank Williams
The devil will shot you in hell with fire bullit, u will nevr have mi sister again. - Patrick Mubuto
i know you ar a idiot Coz can have sex. - Jane Pate
Dareth Ioggmao
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hugh Jundys wrote:
With the VOIP, I think it would be funnier to take the number that calls you and route it to another company.

I thought of that, and I can always go back and change it. But I pay for the forwarding, so I just used their toll-free numbers when I could. Might as well forward it on their dollar.

Come to think of it. If I go up one calling plan, I can forward them to the customer disservice line for free. Twisted Evil

Cindi
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the US, there is a code you dial after hanging up from the offending phone call, although it probably might not work on a VOIP system. I don't have one of them, so I have no clue. Here, right after hanging up, dial *57 and after I believe it is the third time reporting the number, the phone line is shut off and fined.

It's only satisfying to a degree, and each report costs you the reporter, but, all in all, it is a fun way to deal with them.

I got tired of the guy with the Pakistani accent calling and demanding I give him my credit card number so they could mail me a check for the lottery I had won. I'll be damned if I can remember entering an illegal international lottery! Confused
Dareth Ioggmao
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Update:

All my annoying calls now go to a phone sex line. Twisted Evil

Wibble
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We get these all the time in the UK, TPS can't do anything because they originate overseas. Sadly, normally in India.

Often they say they are calling on behalf of "BT". I rang BT, they are fully aware of it but its like hitting a moving target for them. BT, Orange and o2 all have "footprint" numbers thay track thier marketing campains.

Its often worth asking for that number, it confuses them.

They often start by "ringing to let you know you now have broadband in your area"

"While you are on the phone, can i report a fault" ( using your best fake poor quality phone line voice )

I play with them a lot. I'm guessing the people in the call centre are on a basic and earning commission. They also, being as sympathetic as i can, probably don't know thier company is behaving illegally.

However, i still think its our duty to play with them. If they waste a lot of time with false leads they will eventually change jobs.
GeneralAbacha
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

eamonn wrote:

If they are female I try and chat them up, getting as suggestive as I can.

LOL There is no easier way to make an indian woman feel uncomfortable! I love it.

Also she said that we need to organized some girls for a lesbian club here , then we will used them and make money , but it will needs some financial support , that if you are here with us that it will be more easy to organized . I know some big girls here that in this lesbian club , they have nice sports car and live in good bungalow.

- Joyce Organ

I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO WRITE JUSTICE AMADU BELLO AND APPOLOGISE TO HIM, YOU SHOULD TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE SCARED IS BECAUSE OF THE BELLO IN HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO FIND YOUR HUSBAND FROM THE HANDS OF HOSTAGEER AND ARREST USMAN BELLO AND THE HOSTAGE GANGS.

-Charles Soludo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic