SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Just ranting grrrrrrrrrrrrr

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate catalogues Evil or Very Mad

Ordered a Hewlett Packard Pavillion laptop on January 20th, they said delivery would be February 23rd and to phone back to soon to see if the delivery date had changed, so a few days later, phoned the catalogue to check the estimated delivery time, and they said April delivery, sod waiting that long, told them to cancel it, the following day, phoned to make sure it was cancelled, and they say the order was not put through, so if it had not been cancelled, I would have been sitting here waiting for it to be delivered in April, when all the time the idiot who took the order didn't put the damn order through, or so I though.

In the meantime, ordered a cheaper laptop with delivery in early March, then after a couple of days, the catalogue phones and says, sorry, can't have it, you are over your credit limit, they are saying the other laptop is still on order, and with this new order, it's over the credit limit, explain that the HP Pavillion laptop was cancelled, and that the order was never actually put through in the first place, so how can it be on their system as ordered, now have to cancel both of the computer orders and reorder the cheaper one again.

Just fecking great ain't it, the cheap computer will now not be here until April instead of March, Grattan are a bloody nightmare Evil or Very Mad

Doorbell rung this morning, it's a delivery from Grattan, one HP Pavillion laptop, excellent , I'm over the moon jump_4_joy, but hold on, the order was not put through, then it was cancelled, so why is it here now, and a lot earlier than expected, anyway, open the outer box, see the HP box inside, it has a sticker on the box with all the details of the computer:

Quote:
HP Pavillion dv6238ea
Notebook PC
Intel Core Due Processor T2250 (1.73 GHz) (should be AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Processor)
120GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive
2048 MB DDR2 SDRAM (2Dimm)
15.4 WXGA High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (wtf, it should be 17 inch widescreen Evil or Very Mad )

They do have a 15.4 inch widscreen HP laptop in the catalogue, but that's not the same one as this, looks the same, except for screen size and it's only 512 MB RAM and 80GB HD, phoned the catalogue, told them they sent the wrong computer, they said I have to send it back Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad, told them I wouldn't mind keeping this one if the price was adjusted, it has the same 2GB RAM that I wanted, but this one is �500 cheaper than the one I ordered, and it's not listed in the catalogue, Grattan say I can't keep it as it's not in their catalogue and can't change prices that they/HP charge.

Now I have had to reorder the HP Pavillion AGAIN, whilst reordering, the woman said, do you still want the extended 3 year guarnatee for an extra �300+, said no, she said that was on order from the first time, NO, didn't ask for that the first time, the bloke said do I want it, I said NO, so he went ahead and ordered it anyway, fucktard Evil or Very Mad.

Not so long a wait this time, said they can deliver by March 8th, but what a fucking nightmare, how hard is it to order a laptop, for christs sake, it's like dealing with mugus, maybe I would have had better luck ordering from them Mad, I feel like baiting Grattan via email now, assholes Evil or Very Mad

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ever thought of voting with your wallet? If I was getting "service" like that, I wouldn't be re-ordering anything.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Goldry Bluszco
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd take a leek on the laptop and send it back to them.

pony
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ IGC Would do if I could afford to pay in cash.

@ Trogger, I was thinking about dropping the box a few times before sending it back, glad I didn't now Laughing

Some good news, though, I just got off the phone with Grattan customer services, I told them I didn't want to send this laptop back like the Grattan woman said to do earlier, just in case HP are sending this out as a alternative for the one I ordered, if they are out of stock or something like that, and in a months time, they might deliver the same laptop again.

Customer services took my number and said they would call me back, they contacted Hewlett Packard, who told them they have discontinued the 17 inch laptop I ordered, and this one was sent as a replacement, the only differences between this laptop and the one I ordered is, this has an Intel Core Duo Processor T2250 (1.73 GHz), and the one I ordered had an AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Processor, this is 15.4 inch widescreen, the one I ordered was 17 inch, the one I ordered had Windows XP, this one has Windows Vista Home premium, the price is the same, so I guess overall, I am happy to keep this one, so much for the other idiot telling me I have to send it back Rolling Eyes

I will be setting up this new laptop during the afternoon, yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa jump_4_joy Very Happy

These are the full specifications from the Dabs site where they sell the same laptop

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Trogger wrote:
I'd take a leek on the laptop and send it back to them.

How'd that help?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ You beat me to it.

Difference between XP and Vista: 1.6 inches.

The Intel chip is only 32bit, but that's not going to be a problem.

Congratulations. When will you be installing Linux?

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm, something else I just noticed, the original 17 inch laptop I ordered was �1199, the customer service bloke said this alternative laptop is the same price, but every site I look on when doing a search for HP Pavillion dv6238ea, shows it being sold for mostly �799, I am going to phone customer services again and ask why this is still the same price as the one I ordered when it is obviously a lot cheaper.

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got off the phone, the woman sounded like a moody bitch, couldn't seem to understand what I was saying about the price difference, she said we don't do price comparison Rolling Eyes, I said it's nothing to do with price comparison, it's to do with you charging me �1199 for a laptop that is on every website listing, including Hewlet packard's own website as �799 incl VAT, she just didn't get it.

Asked to speak to a mamager and they transferred me, she said HP are not allowed to send replacents computers different to those advertised in the Grattan catalogue, I told her the bloke in customer support spoke to HP earlier and that's what they did, and that I was told I have to pay the same price etc, she was a bit indignant, saying Grattan have to make a profit and charge something over the top as they purchase the computers from third parties blah blah blah.

I told her that i had checked loads of the computer prices on their catalogue, and in almost all instances, theirs are priced between �50-�100 more than list prices, which is acceptable, but NOT �400 more as in this case, I told her I was going to write to Watchdog about it, email Grattan head office, and make a blog advising people not to use Grattan catalogues.

She responds, if you are not happy with the computer, return it, listen up dumb ass, it's nothing to do with not being happy with it, I am a happy fucking bunny, it's to do with being charged �400 more than the computer is generally sold as, anyway the laptop will be collected and returned to Grattan within 10 days, fucktards Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That laptop's got everything. Cool

One thing they don't tell about in the manual SP, Is about battery management.
Put the battery in and give it a really good charge first time. If you are using the lappy on mains power take the battery out first.
If you don't the the computer is running on the battery and it will be on a constant drain/charge cycle. If the lappy gets daily use (Like I know it will Laughing) You'll find yourself needing a new battery after a year and a half.
This is not always the case but it's an easy thing to do, and could save unnecessary expense later on.

I think it's possible in the power settings to disable this quirky behaviour, but like all things M$ is not always guaranteed to give the desired results. Bet it's no better with Vi$ta either.

I feel sorry for the lads already. Twisted Evil
*Edit* If you keep it, that is!

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
... phone back ... phoned ... told them ... phoned ... they say ...

My mama always told me: "get it in writing, kid." Wink
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

not sure of your model that your after
but try these,ive just had mine from there and no quibble whatsoever.

i would buy from them again.

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/HP_Compaq_Laptops/cat.asp

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
DrBillBlaze
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been using IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads for years, and I am very satisfied with them.
John Drake
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You have my sympathy, SP--dealing with some of these so called 'customer service' folks is enough to drive one postal.... Evil or Very Mad

"YOU GO TO HELL YOU DA FREAK GOD STRIKE YOU DEED RIT NOW HOW DARE YOU SAYE THOS THINS TO ME I AM CHRSTIAN AND DO NOT DO DOSE THINGS YOU ARE SIK SIK MAN!!!!
YOU NEVER NEVER RITE TO ME AGAN--EVAR EVAR!!! I WIL ASS GOD TO PUNISH YOU AND SEHND YOU TO HELL! YOU AR SO SIK IT MAKE ME ILL JUS THINKIN ABUT YOU SO CRAZY." -Dr Wily

Without this certificate, we are still where we are.
I can never trust you again. It will be hard for us to work together.
I have learnt so much from the disappointments i experienced from you. I can only thank you for wasting my precious time.
thanks for wasting my time all thes while. You have been a great friend, i can not deny that.
Thanks for not being there for me when it matters most. -Xu Chaofan
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Every time you phone these "customer service" wankers you get a different one and have to explain your situation all over again..You're getting "serviced" alright I hope you're bending over.. Evil or Very Mad

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
B.L.Z. Bubb
Dudley Dooright

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope you get it sorted soon SP, the HP Pavilion range are, in my opinion, a fantastic line of laptops - I speak to you now from the DV5031ea model....

Scam Patroller wrote:
They do have a 15.4 inch widscreen HP laptop in the catalogue, but that's not the same one as this, looks the same, except for screen size and it's only 512 MB RAM and 80GB HD

...Yep, thats the one I'm talking about, except mine's only got a single core Turion64 processor, and only a 40GB hard disc. Not really a problem with the network storage at home and at work picking up the slack though. I know catalogues are usually overpriced, but I paid around �599 (inc vat) for mine almost a year ago (in a couple of weeks)... Shocked

Like I say, I hope you get it sorted, and that you stick with the Pavilion - those BrightView displays (while I don't think they're technically High Definition in the current sense of the phrase), are absolutely gorgeous to look at. Very Happy

"Please note for your information i am not boner,my name is bona Williams." - Reminded me of Shiver's "Ahoy Matey" quote...

"Maybe we should all just have an orgy and not worry about who belongs to whom." - from 419eater chat. This is what you're missing if you're not in it.

Kids, don't PostWhore for your Orange Name or you'll end up like me. Do the right thing. Donate.

Deaded Banks: Malaysia x2
pony Mortar x24
friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I loved HP when I bought one a few years ago.

I got a scanner to go with it but didn't connect it for about 6 months. When I did it wouldn't work. So I called them and they just sent me a new one. When that didn't work they fugured it must be the computer so they sent me a new one of those. Being that they didn't have the one I had in stock, I got a brand new upgraded one free of charge to replace my now 6 month old, well used obsolete model Very Happy

I love dealing with morons, their solution to everything was "we'll just send you a new one" Very Happy

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic