SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

2014 Commonwealth Games- Glasgow vs Abuja..

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gaz
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As many of you will know, the venue for the 2014 Commonwealth Games is due to be announced on Friday. Im kinda torn between Glasgow and Abuja..even though Im Scottish, Ive developed quite a soft spot for Nigeria, and after seeing the great stadium and athletes villiage they built for the All-Africa games, I think they are in with a very good chance of landing the event. Whatsmore, it'll be good for the country as a whole, and perhaps a future generation of lads can be drawn away from a life of crime thanks to the money it will bring in.

Obviously, Id love Glasgow to win it too...theres already a load of good venues within a stonesthrow of each other, and would bring alot of visitors to the city. Only thing I dread is the traffic for the next 7 years while they build the new road networks for it! Confused

So, Im officially torn..any thoughts?

"Also believe in the Nectarines and hail them as my eternal forefathers and universal leaders"- Sir Frederick MacGregor

"THIS NONSENSE ACT OF YOURS HAS CAUSED ME LOOSING UP TO $350 USD ALL TOGETHER TO GET TO KASTINA SINCE ON MONDAY!!"- Barrister Usman Bello

"WHAT HELL ARE YOU ? YOU ARE A MAD MAN, YOU NEED TO BE CURED BY YOUR OCCULTIC MEMBERS, I CAN SEE THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR BRAIN" - Barrister Harry Brown

"YOU ARE GOING STUPID , ARE YOU OUT OF YOU MIND ? YOU FOOLISH WHITE MONKEY AND YELLOW PIG."- Barrister Isa Usman

www.mustdestroy419.talkspot.com
Safari - 600 Miles from Lagos to Katsina
Mortar x12
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If its a straight choice between the two, then I'd like to see it be awarded to Abuja.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Go Abuja!

Then we can convince all our lads that we're investing the Games and need them to find plots of land for us to build stuff! Very Happy

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

15th April 2014
From the desk of {Abuja Olympic Committe}

Greetings in the Lord Jesus' name!!!!
Forgive me for writing in this medium and disturbing you at this time of day.I am Governor Adebayo Ike chairman of the {Abuja Olympic Commite} and I would like to present you a business opperunity that with Gods help will profit us each other.
While perfmoing a routine audit of {Abuja Olympic Comittee} accounts I found the discovery a some surplus fund of $15,000,000 .......... etc, etc.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Ginger Head
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's an interesting choice. I don't think Glasgow can cope with it, and I doubt Abuja can either.
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They tried to get me and a couple of colleagues to join the 'official' party from the Govt which will be posing around in front of the cameras in Glasgow tomorrow. I didn't have anything to do with this bid, they were just looking for civil servants to show their faces. Told them to go fornicate with themselves. They are making such a big thing of this - if Abuja wins, how embarrassing will that be???? Rolling Eyes

Besides, it starts at 10.30, and there's no free beer. Sod that! Twisted Evil

Edit: damn, we won. Shocked

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glasgow wins race for 2014 Games (BBC Link)

Nothing in the Daily Sun yet....

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

On the bus home tonight, a slightly tipsy gentleman who I can only assume was Nigerian started berating us all as looters and thieves who had bribed our way to the games. He was ejected from the bus by a rather irate driver! Laughing

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

Cellphone
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't get it.

Can somebody explain in a reasoned manner why citizens go barmy with delight when their city (London, Beijing, Sydney etc) is chosen to host one of these events? What are they celebrating?

The chance to watch events live? Doubtful. New stadiums? Irrelevant to most. A chance to showcase the city? Possible, but since most of us complain about bloody tourists every day, not likely. Job creation? Short-term and unskilled, yes. Civic or national pride? Unlikely, given the way citizens of most cities treat their living environments.

Given the enormous civic tax bill that tends to arrive a few years after the event, I would be celebrating the event going anywhere else but my city.

There evidently are reasons why people celebrate these victories, so can someone enlighten me?

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd have to say that the 'celebrations' so vividly described by the press were not quite as widespread as the press would have the world believe - partly, perhaps, because the weather was totally crap, so the open air site they had set up was deserted, and everyone absconded to the under cover venue! As I've mentioned before, I'm a civil servant, in Glasgow, and the feeling in our building was 'merde, more bloody work, and probably all the blame if it goes tits up!'. I know, we're a bunch of miserable gits! Technically this should be Glasgow City Council's baby, but as The Salmondator is determined to portray this as an SNP success (when the previous administration did all the work!) I suspect it'll turn into a government-run affair.

I've already booked my annual leave in 2014 to coincide with the Games! Twisted Evil

MARK DOUGLAS.

Cellphone
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So the choice was between a city full of "looter and thieves" with strange language and customs and one in Africa.
Just joking!
Quite right to take your leave then Hekate.
Can you mind the 1986 games in Edinburgh and the deficit they had, think it was about �3 million, then a media tycoon ( the non swimming one ) came to save it! And the deficit rose as I remember.
I hear the diving event is to take place in the Edinburgh Commonwealth pool. Here's hoping they get it repaired in time.
Wonder where the Scots divers are supposed to practise whilst its closed?
Hekate
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Maybe if they go ahead and build the one in Aberdeen they keep trying to weasel out of, they could go there???

Yeah, I remember Edinburgh being shafted over those games. Hope it's not repeated this time round! The only good thing I can think of for 2014 is that John Swinney (however much I dislike his politics) is bloody good at his job, and he is basically doing ALL the financial work on ALL the portfolios (apart from wee Nichola messing with the Health one). If anyone can keep control of the purse strings and get everything done on time, it's him, assuming the Nats don't get kicked out, or if they do, he gets co-opted on to the organising committee. The man seems to spend 23 hours in the office, never sleeps and only eats when he has to! Shocked

MARK DOUGLAS.

Cellphone
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic