SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Craigslist Scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Greddy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Craigslist Scams

For those of you who use the beloved selling site, post scam mails here. I have gotten too many to count and have been having some fun with the scammies. Post away-

Here is the first:
as you can see, he clearly states that he is from or has a friend from "West Africa" or "Nigeria".

"When man meets a force he cannot destroy, he destroys himself instead"

Last edited by Greddy on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I'll take a shot in the dark and guess that you mean to use this thread for Craiglist scams.

If so, there isn't a need for its own section- this is what the Surplus Section is for here:
http://bravodelta.servemp3.com/viewforum.php?f=18

Edit: moved from Gen Chat to here.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !

Last edited by Tsnerd on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greddy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit - unnecessary full quote of that ^^^ post removed, we can see it, it's just above - SP

Yah, i'm sick of getting scam mails from people saying they are from overseas. Its getting annoying having to filter the legit from the scams.

"When man meets a force he cannot destroy, he destroys himself instead"
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It never hurts to put '^' rather than quote the entire post above your reply, we can see it.

Other than that, welcome to Eater, glad you found us.

Take a moment to browse around, read the stickies. See what goes where, and how its all put together.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Mike Oxlong
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Isn't the "Surplus Letters" bucket for surplus "Letters"? Scammer replies to CL sales items are a bit more targeted. And, CL items up for sale from scammers aren't sent as letters.

It's probably a good thread for "MISCELLANEOUS SCAMS", maybe. Or, if it's in Surplus maybe a Moderator could suggest in a sticky that the postings be prefaced with "CL Buyer" or "CL Seller". That would at least help people find the CL ones (I like CL baiting, personally, and would like to sprinkle in some more once in a while).
Mad4Maya
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check scammers are quite common on craigslist also. While my SO was searching for a job she'd pass on three or four "payment rep" postings to me every week.

I will like to assure you that this transaction is 100% risk to both parties...Th0mps0n Br0wn
pony pony pony
Mike Hawk
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm beyond sick of CL scams. Any electronic device I post seems to draw one of those letters. I do enjoy using their prepaid FedEx label to send them broken stuff though; old phones, stereo equipment. This is, of course, after forcing them to send me a new label with a value of $200+

I could post a ton if you'd like, but I'll just put the most recent:

"Hello,
l saw the item which you wanna offer for sale for on craigslist and I wanna buy it for a friend of mine getting marry in west africa Nigeria. I will purchase it for $240 and $120 for the shipping to him as a present, because l will not be there on the wedding day due to the cost of transport ie (buying of ticket). So l will be glad if you sell it for me. Payment via paypal so mail me your paypal email account and also you name so that l can transfer the money into your account.
l will be waiting for your reply
Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]"

$120 for shipping seems a bit steep. Also, I was only asking $200 for the phone in the first place. Great stuff
josslyn
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a house for rent on Craigslist about a month ago and I got a reply from a check scammer. He had horrible English and needed our house NOW. He was going to send us a check for more than the rental amount, the whole thing was very convuluted. We sicked our realtor on him and he disappeared after the mention of a credit check.
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We'll park this thread in Miscellaneous Scams, which has mainly been the home for Craigslist matters in the past.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic