SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Facebook spammer... scam? baitable? what's your take?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Aside from being blatant commercial spam, this facebook bulletin screams "scam" to me. What do you think? Should I try to bait it? Should I just report it as spam on facebook and be done with?
Quote:
OWN A HOME BASED BUSINESS AND EARN INCOME THIS WEEK
Listed by Andres Jones on October 28th.
Jobs - Sales/Business Development | 0 views
This is a opportunity to have a home based business WITHOUT ANY SELLING, without spending hours working. You move as quickly or as slowly as you want. You get your own website, customer support and you can also write off many expenses on your taxes legally. You also get to travel for low cost and enjoy many perks. Your job will be to travel and experience many destinations. Write off your vacations, write off a portion of your mortgage or rent, electricity and many, many other expenses. You make money buy people using your webiste just like Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity and Obitz. You get 60% commission and residual income for all people who you bring on to also open a online travel store. Plus all the perks I mentioned. Any questions email me at [email protected] or go my website YTB.com/funstatictravel4u and view the presentation. THIS IS NOT A SCAM. I promise you can make money from this WITHOUT SELLING A THING. You do not need a college degree or any experience. All you need is a desire to make money.

Hours: Part-Time
This job pays on a one-time basis
Listed at Houston, TX.

** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, it's difficult to tell if it's scam material unless you replied.....

If things are really that quiet on the lad front and you have the time, why not take a look? I think it's the only way you'd get a clearer idea of whether it's a scam or not.

Personally I don't think it looks like an out and out scam, or at least not the type that we usually deal with, more some sort of "Commission" thing, like Amway or some other pyramid thing. That's my bet.

I think you're right to have the alarm bells ringing though, you know what they say, if it seems to good to be true, it usually is!

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
OWN A HOME BASED BUSINESS AND EARN INCOME THIS WEEK

Why aren't they doing it then ? - instead of wasting their time doing a dumb and unremunerative job like forum spamming.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/233/RipOff0233523.htm
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=2795&page=20

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bearkat419 wrote:
You get 60% commission and residual income for all people who you bring on to also open a online travel store.

This sounds like a typical pyramid scheme. I suspect there will be a reason for having to pay some money before getting started. 60% commission of what? This smells bad.

Beside wasting a little of their time, I'm not sure how effective baiting this person will be.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

100% scam.

I think the big give away was this bit....

Quote:
...THIS IS NOT A SCAM....
Laughing

In answer to your second question. Yes.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
thedevguy67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Likely a general "get rich quick scam", but the lads are on face book already, and we had a local check mule scam in which the student was approached on "face book market place".

Might raise the possiblity of new modalities for baiters.
Twisted Evil

I have a sex dull that will f*ck you till dead - Stanley Lee
You are dirty and castrated Goat - CC Jones
Go f*ck yourself because I know your mum is sucking Satan's penis - Peggy Paiser
You must be high on your mother's frozen menstruation! - Victor Evans

Jolly Roger Safari United States United States United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Ghana Nigeria Togo South Africa
Mortar x12 Golden Pig Closed lad accounts X 2525 X 100s
HitchHiker
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This looks like a LEGIT (sort of) business.
They have 2 types of offer in terms of making money.

1. To take up a franchise as a travel agent. Cost $500 + $50 per month.
2. To be a "rep" who enrols franchisees on a commission basis.

How good their tie in with airlines/cruise companies and the like is I can't say, but you can bet it is the 4 founders who make the big money.

I cant really see them as a target for baiting.

you bloody nigeria scammer you scamm me of 6,800pounds : Billy a cheque scammer.
Closed lad accounts x? Easter EggMortar x2
Ninja Bloody hell I've been ninja'd
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to help 419Eater.com fight the good fight]</a>
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, the wording does not sound like the usual lad type posts.

Its a get rich quick scheme - but as already said the only ones likely to get rich are the ones who came up with the idea.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Want to know how I know it is a scam?

[email protected]

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like a fake cheque scam to me. You'll probably have to cash a fake cheque before they'll work with you, or something along those lines.

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm approaching it as a potential bait, but cautiously. Straight "I'm interested, can you tell me more, how do I get started, etc. etc." and if it seems like a "legit" business I'll drop it, if it confirms as scam I'll let you know Laughing

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I baited a similar "Get Rich Quick" scammer who advertised on Ebay a few months ago.

I did not use an Ebay account to run the emails but a free account.

I received a stock photograph of a "couple" and instructions to participate in a "conference call" at wierd hours.

The phone number was located in Kentucky.

The lady running the Ebay ad assured me that it wasn't Amway and asked me why I and others thought it was.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The agent gave me a phone number. It's in Houston, coincidentally... and appears to check out as a "legit" company using unorthodox advertising methods.

I told her no thanks, I've changed my mind, I'm too skeptical of scams on the internet.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What is the "legit" company?

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am wondering what this means:
probable scammer wrote:
This job pays on a one-time basis

Sounds fishy to me and why (as said before) the gmail addy?

With sites like Travelocity, Orbitz and Price Line, I am wondering what kind of travel agent one would be for these folks.

EDIT There aren't any scammers in Houston! Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please note: I used the word "legitimate" very loosely.

It is a pyramid scheme for selling/re-selling travel services (as I believe was noted above, good guess guys). You pay a fee to get your license and web space and then are expected to go get more recruits. Who in turn do the same thing Rolling Eyes

The "agent" is a real person, the phone number she gave is a personal phone line registered in her name and traces to a residential address (with her name on the property tax records because I am a nosy biotch and Houston's public records are online).

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are 80,000 plus Nigerians living in Houston. "THIS IS NOT A SCAM"
hehehe
Don't make me laugh, now! Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like it could be illegal, to me. While multi-level marketing models are allowable IF (big if) they are both legal and sustainable, non-sustainable ones are not legal in the United States.

What typically distinguishes between a real job and a scam is whether your profits are coming from the sale of products or services to non-members (Legit. Think Avon, Tupperware, Premier Jewelry or Pampered Chef sellers.) or from recruiting new members (Scam.). The fact that you are "expected" to go get more recruits sounds highly fishy.

If you can make money at this just by selling travel services and are not compelled to recruit, it's legal. If not, it's patently illegal. Or at least that's the way I read it.

And to boot, unless I'm missing something, only one state (Rhode Island) even requires that a travel agent be tested and licensed. The registration laws vary state to state, but many require that you display your registration number in all ad materials. Many require you put up a bond with the state. How does this "business" make sure that you are complying with your state's laws?

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic