SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

useful tool for your site

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
death2spam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I may be new to this site, but I've been watching spammers for going on 12 years. I've seen their methods change with the introduction of new technology. I have written a script for anybody who has a website that allows guest/member input. This script will check the country for any user/guest (depending on where you place the script on your site), and log their information to a log file, which you can poll remotely (or locally, up to you) with a simple web interface. This script works on linux servers only, but is free *as in free speech, not free beer*. I'm offering this to help you guys out there who don't want spammers grabbing e-mail addys off your site.

Also, you can set it up to monitor, and if it comes from another country (or specific countries) you can have it redirect it to your favorite federal website, or a pr0n site, or whatever. To do that, you will either need to ask me to do it for you, wait on the next release, or have basic understanding of PHP coding.
you can find the code at http:// j o n s j a v a . c o mxxxxx
If you decide to download this script, remember to read the README file (it has the full set of instructions).

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

death2spam wrote:
I'm offering this to help you guys out there who don't want spammers grabbing e-mail addys off your site.

Hi D2S, we don't deal with spammers on this site, it's scammers only, secondly, we post our email addresses in various places on the internet, such as guestbooks, with the sole purpose of receiving emails from scammers when they harvest them, there will of course be a bit of spam among them as well, but we just delete that, most people here are pretty savvy and wouldn't even open a spam email. The email addresses that are posted on this site, more or less all belong to scammers, so them getting spam from their addies being harvested, is not a problem Very Happy

With regards to the link you posted, it may well be a safe link, but as we don't know you and it's your first post, coupled with the fact that we have been constantly under a DDoS attack for the last 2 months, it is very unlikely that anyone would download a file containing code, but to be on the safe side, I have disabled your link.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
death2spam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just recently added it to sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lookup-ip)
I was just posting it because of what this site administrator said:

Quote:
Hi D2S,

These phpBB forums already have a similar function installed (though it's usually only available to mods/admins). If your mod is something the normal users can easily use then I'm sure it would be well received here.

Regards,

Mike
site admin

if it will be a problem, I understand. I posted this here, because I'm sure that many people find this site the way I did--I (err...my wife, in this case) get a bunch of e-mails from people who I don't know, and start to figure out that they got my e-mail addy from my website. I then figured that if that can happen, how can I stop it? One way is to embed my e-mail address in an image, and another is to block suspicious traffic from even reaching my site. This is for people who are here looking for help when it comes to stopping people from fishing email addys from their site. If this is a problem, I do apoligize, and I will back away from this. I still want to help, and I am looking through the list of scams today to pick a target. This is gonna be fun... Laughing
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see, if you had posted that PM from Shiver in your first post, I wouldn't have had to delete the link Very Happy

I'm still not sure how it could help people here, though, email addies are not displayed in profiles, and those that are, are usually baiting addies or addies not connected to personal email accounts, plus, how could a member use your tool on this forum to stop their addy being harvested?

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your help is appreciated. It is just that we are all a paranoid group. It comes with the territory. Welcome and kiss your free time goodbye!

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
death2spam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a linux admin/one of 2 wan technicians for an cable isp with about 12,000 customers. I have a 15-month-old, a wife, and I'm a webmaster for 5 sites. I found 5 minutes that weren't accounted for, so found you guys *sigh* lol.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

death2spam wrote:
... if it comes from another country ...

Yup! Heaven forbid we would have people from other countries here.

Errr, wait: other than what? Wink
death2spam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never said it was perfect. This tool is meant to help when nothing else can. Last-resort type stuff. It's still in beta, and in the next release, I'm planning on implementing the ability to block by IP range. Right now, this is for if you know that people from a certain country are CONSTANTLY intruding on your site, and harassing your visitors to no end, and ruining their lives (worst-case again), you can use this to temporarily block questionable country activity. I just got 2 people on my team to help me with the issue you brought up, and we hope to have a fix by this weekend.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is IBTL still de rigueur? Laughing Or so yesterday that it went out the window sideways and refracted back in again by accident?.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi D2S- while I can see what you're trying to do with this tool, in the long run it is impractical for our forum. Although many scammers may come from certain countries, not all of those countries' citizens are scammers.

Blocking IP ranges like this will defeat the purposes of Eater, which are primarily to inform, educate, and thwart, and would prevent law-abiding citizens from participating.

Additionally, we enjoy it when the occasional lad stumbles onto this site. Wink

Tommo- you can't claim an IBTL without reporting a thread. There isn't anything in this thread that would warrant it being locked.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
death2spam
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

oops, maybe I should clarify. This isn't for this site, it's for sites that are either 1) home-brewed or 2)poorly secured. I'm posting this so people who stumble upon you guys will see something that may help them and their users. I love what is going on here, and I came across this site, because I googled an e-mail addy for someone who spammed my wifes site, and it took me to a site about scams, and they pointed me to you guys to help fight scams. I figured if I could wind up here trying to fight scams, others will too, and they may need help stopping people from scamming their guests. I think I'm talking in circles now...scam, spam, aghhhh! it's too close to going home for the day. I need rest *sigh*. the main point is that this was to help others, because this site is running fine as-is. Just offering a helping hand, nothing more.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ He did. Wink
Teh Str4y 7
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

death2spam wrote:
I think I'm talking in circles now...scam, spam, aghhhh! it's too close to going home for the day.

Scam spam scam spam
scam spam scam spam
Manly Scam!
Wonderful Spam!
Manly Spam!
Wonderful Scam!

Serry...it just popped into my head and wouldn't go away...

"THE GOD WHICH I WORSHIP DO NOT CURSE HIS OWN, BUT I PRONUNCE YOU CURSED FOR EVER AND EVER AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN THE MIGTHY NAME OF JESUS WHOM I WORSHIP. AMEN." george kabia
"LET THE UNQUENCHABLE FIRE OF THE HOLY GHOST BURN YOU FOREVER AND EVER IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS AMEND." george kabia (again)
"GO BEHIND ME SATAN."--Benson Obagha
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic