SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baseball World Series 2007

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fatter Siam wrote:
... Every true RS fan felt the same way this year when we were 14 games up...scared! ...

Thumbs up

And everybody from the Boston area knows that being 3:0 up in the Series doesn't mean chickenshit.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

3:4. bottom 9th.

Dear God, let it pass.

1-2-3 - please. :praying-on-knees-emoticon:
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KD, I hope ya have a buzz! Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd happy crowd

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ ^ ^ OH yeah I second that!!!!!!!!

beers!

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Who will calm ya down? Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WOOOOOOOOOOOFUCKIN'HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!111!!!

--J.D.

P.S. My Persian Teacher is a wise man. Listening to the [CENSORED--Ed.] Faux New girl trying to get Lowell, Tito, and the Owners to say something stupid and controversal, he spake thusly:

"She would do better with a [CENSORED--Ed.] in her mouth."

P.P.S. He then asked, "Are you typing to people on your laptop?"

"Yes," I replied, "Red Sox fans the world over saying, 'Fuck You!' to the Yankees!"

Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ ^ ^ Fuckin' A, dude!

Also saying that to the naysayers who were whinging to send Pedroia down earlier in the season--probably the AL Rookie of the Year, or the ones wanting to trade Mike Lowell--WS MVP.

A-Fraud did a crappy thing by announcing he was opting out of his contract with the Yankees today. He had until 10 days AFTER the WS to make the decision, but decided to do it today. Attention whore. Rolling Eyes

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Regarding A-Fraud McSlappy and the rest, some fun facts!!

1. Red Sox won with the highest run differential in WS history.
    2. Tito Francona has won more straight WS games than any other manager in history.
    3. Julio Lugo has appeared in more WS games than A-Fraud.
    4. Eric Gagne will have more WS rings than A-Fraud.
    5. Johnny Pesky will have more WS rings than A-Fraud or Kenny Lofton.
    6. Big Papi has more WS rings than Barry "Flax Seed Oil" Bonds.
    7. Manny, Big Papi, Mike TIMMY!, Tim Wakefield, Curt Schilling, and Johnny Pesky have more WS rings than Judas Daemon.
    8. The Red Sox have won more WS this decade than the Yankees.
    9. The Red Sox have won more WS this century than the Yankees.
    10. The Red Sox have won more WS this millennium than the Yankees.
    11. Julian "Bat-Shit" has appeared in more WS games than A-Fraud.
    12. Pitcher Daisuke "Dice-K" Matsuzaka has driven in more runs in a WS game than A-Fraud.

--J.D.

OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Woo hoo! Twice in 4 years! They handled the Rockies a lot easier than I thought they would. I thought the Rockies would win a game or two. 8 day layoff or not, you still gotta perform on the state! And just think, most of the players will be back next year. Too bad Gagne isn't one of them (please read the sarcasm into that!).

Can't wait until next April!

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, congrats to you Sox fans. I really did not think they would put out that Rockies fire. They did a bang up job though.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep congrats to the Red Sox. I thought they were the better team, but I expected a better fight than that.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KD, I had to put some more air in my tires today, and they're fine now. Have you ever heard of grown men getting millons of dollars to hit a ball with a stick, and charging people to watch? Sounds like a new scam. That and 7$ beer. It rained yesterday.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JoeTam wrote:
... grown men getting millons of dollars to hit a ball with a stick ...

Do you mean cricket or golf?
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congratulations to the Red Socks. Well played.

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I came in this thread to congratulate the Red Sox fans on the win of the World Series. . . and I still will.
Congrats Red Sox fans!!! Like I said earlier, The Red Sox deserved it this year.

I am a Yankees fan, in case anyone missed it.

I am disappointed in Doctor X and Akai Ryu's posts regarding the Yankees. This isn't about the Yankees. That type of behavior is what makes fans look bad.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ ^ Confused

The only thing disparaging I had to say was about A-Fraud, because he did a crappy thing by announcing on the day he did, knowing full well that the RS had a good chance of clinching that day. As the commentator on ESPN said (Peter Gammons) that showed a complete disrespect for the game, that this move should be viewed as a "Buyer beware" and that "A-Rod has never won a WS, and maybe there's a reason for that." As I said, he had 10 DAYS till after the series to make his decision. Think he did it on that day just for the hell of it? Heh. Laughing

Plus try to point me to where I made any disparaging comments about Yankees fans. I actually have a number of friends who are. Would not shock me if Doc X did as well. Though I think if there are fans acting badly towards Yankees fans (which, yes, I have observed with others elsewhere) then it may be due to fact that for many years, many Yankees fans did this to the RS. The late 1990s were a bad time to be a Sox fan. Plus I recall the first 3 games of the 2004 ALCS were not much better. Now the tables have turned, though, and a lot of Yankees fans who treated Sox fans like shit, are not too pleased about getting the same in return.

I did none of that, though. Unless you consider slapping A-Fraud to be "behaving badly." In that case, I would do so again in a heartbeat. Smile

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't say it was directed at Yankees FANS, just at the Yankees in general. The thread was supposed to be about the world series. Mentioning A-rod's announcement, ok, connected. . . the rest of the comments (mostly Dr. X's), including cursing and calling A-rod names, I found to be unnecessary. I just mentioned my displeasure. It's over, I'm fine. Thanks for trying to clarify.

Once again, Congrats Red Sox Fans!

Edit to add: Just re-read your post. I apologize if any Yankees fans ever mistreated you. Wink

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, good. I was just worried I came across wrong in one of my posts or something, during one of my sarcastic moments. As it happens I agree with you for the most part--focus is not and SHOULD not be on the Yankees (someone might want to remind ESPN of this fact, as they can never seem to grasp it) but on the WS champs.

I am glad we won, and hope that we do not lose too many of our players during the offseason.

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cursing . . . Yankees . . . A-Fraud . . . they sort of just go together!

One should not mistake healthy fan rivalry with pointless living through a team. "We" may have won the World Series, but all I did was exercise during the third inning, drink during the fifth, and blast "Tessie" until my neighbors ceased speaking to me. Granted . . . without my Sweaty-Alcamahol-Tessie Mojo. . . .

Rivalry is what makes things "fun." Even when down something like 10-1 in the seventh of Game 7 of 2004, MFYs fans still chortled with glee chanting, "Who's Your Daddy!" to Pedro Martinez. Asked if he was happy the Red Sox "finally" won a WS, Yogi Berra responded: "they coulda waited another year." Yet the Fenway "faithful" all cheered Mariano Rivera. And the MFYs stepped up to the edge of the dugout to applaud as each RS received his ring.

Compare that to the true nastiness: MFY fans throwing bottles on the field and baseballs at players in Game 6. A "MF"RS fan taunting Jorge Posada about his son's congenital condition, or the RS fan that tried to hit Gary Sheffield. Such people are assholes. They think they are "part of the game," and they are not. They are embarrassments to both organizations.

I "hate" Judas Daemon--do not leave a team for a team you claim you will never play for even if it will finance your wife's boobs--but I enjoy and thank his grand slam in the beginning of Game 7 that allowed some RS fan-sphincters to relax just a bit.

Jeter is rarely taunted. He plays hard, and even Fenway fans had to admire his leaping into the stands to snag a foul ball.

This all makes what happened to Torre and the rest rather unfortunate. Sure "anybody" could have won with the talent of the younger MFYs in the 90s, but part of Torre's skill was to NOT let Steinbrenner get to him, and to try to protect his players from "the Boss" AND the NY media. The only difference between the NY and Boston media is that NY prefers the north side of the cesspool. An RS fan in NYC wrote to the NY Times this week that while RS fans "hated" the Yankees of the 70s, Torre allowed them to respect the Yankees. Perhaps he eats babies on weekends--particularly cute ones, not just the ugly smelly ones--but he seemed a class act. Players wanted to play for him. That is a critical factor in keeping a team together.

On more than one blog, RS fans have stated that while they "should" be laughing with glee at the dumping of Torre, they really are not. That is respect, and underneath the rivalry there has to be respect.

And . . . as one MFY fan agreed, even the Pedro Martinez-Hating MFY fans all silently cheered when he tossed the lumbering and brainless bloat that is Don Zimmer into the sod! Zimmer was just the curse that kept on giving. Given he caused the "Boston Massacre" that eventually led to the RS blowing a major lead in the standing--all to lead to the MFYs eliminating the RS with Bucky "F-n'" Dent--by benching pitchers who were "mean" to him, many wondered why the MFY ever used him. They have come to their senses, it seems: they did not pursue Grady Little as a replacement for Torre!

[At this point he blathers extensively about the source of the rivalry, its history, its meaning to the Human Condition, and why he really likes licking postage stamps. In brief, the Red Sox regularly shot themselves in the foot, particularly with racist practices, while the Yankees moved on. It is easy to blame someone else for your own incompetence.--Ed.]

With mature management of the MFYs--"less Emperor George shooting his mouth off" and sane management of the RS, this has started to move to a more mature appreciation for rivalry. Sort of stuff people should joke about rather than get pissed off about. Part of it came from 2004--winning in the way they did gave the RS some parity in the rivalry--the "rivalry of the hammer and nail" as more than one sportswriter has quipped. This was a rivalry between a four year-old and his 17 year-old brother who plays football.

The Most Monumental Choke in Sports History [Tm.--Ed.] leveled the history a bit. It also gave, frankly, RS fans perspective. A NY psychologist after the Choke [Available on DVD.--Ed.] tried to argue that the RS fans would be damaged having lost their comfortable role as "cursed" and "wait 'til next year."

No, RS fans thrived with that complex removed, but some angry MFY fans lost a whipping boy. The expectations were always different: RS "hoped" to make the post season and . . . maybe . . . "this year is our year" whereas MFY fans felt entitled to be in the ALCS--and win it! To be fair, they have been in and have won more than anyone else.

So . . . perhaps then all can take a mature attitude to these rivalries. Down 3-1 in the ALCS, Manny Ramirez reminded many RS fans that it IS "only a game." Only a few tried to tar and feather him. There would have been more, but I was out of town. He was right, and enough fans understood it. RS went on to win the next 7 games and a WS.

With all that, the RS fan will still feel a bit like the "Little Brother" to the MFYs, and there really is nothing wrong with that. I mean, it could be worse, one could be a Cubs fan.

Cool

So, one should embrace healthy rivalry--just as the actual RS fan wore a Colorado Rockies t-shirt to the Game 3 party just to piss me off!

At least, even in NYC and Boston, they do not have to have laws against wearing baseball caps and colors. In that way, the colonies have surpassed the savages across the pond . . . that and in cooking.

To close with the sage and measur'd words of Dennis Leary, "and to all Yankees fans, whether I know you or not, kiss my ass!"

Twisted Evil

--J.D.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
... The thread was supposed to be about the world series. ... Congrats Red Sox Fans! ...

Exactly!

And that's why I'm putting an end to this crap.

Obviously badly needed fan therapy sessions can be booked with any participating psychiatrist.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic