SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

query on the 1337-speak

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Teh Str4y 7
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new here, but I've noticed that many of you put scammer names in 1337speak. Is there a particular reason for this?

"THE GOD WHICH I WORSHIP DO NOT CURSE HIS OWN, BUT I PRONUNCE YOU CURSED FOR EVER AND EVER AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN THE MIGTHY NAME OF JESUS WHOM I WORSHIP. AMEN." george kabia
"LET THE UNQUENCHABLE FIRE OF THE HOLY GHOST BURN YOU FOREVER AND EVER IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS AMEND." george kabia (again)
"GO BEHIND ME SATAN."--Benson Obagha
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To prevent lads from finding themselves via Google.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

Yes, if it's an active bait, lads have been known to use Google and found their names on this forum, there was a mass bait not long ago, where the lad mailed myself and several other baiters, giving us our forum usernames and saying he had read the topic about himself.

[edit]

Beaten to the button by TS Very Happy

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

^^^^^ Just in (the very rare) case the scammers google their own character name.

[edit:] too late. Twice.

Last edited by kleindoofy on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

<http://www.google.com/> = not always a good thing

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Teh Str4y 7
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wow. Shocked I don't think I've ever been in a forum where people replied to posts THIS FAST!

thanks for the info...I'll keep that in mind when I start up my own baits.

"THE GOD WHICH I WORSHIP DO NOT CURSE HIS OWN, BUT I PRONUNCE YOU CURSED FOR EVER AND EVER AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN THE MIGTHY NAME OF JESUS WHOM I WORSHIP. AMEN." george kabia
"LET THE UNQUENCHABLE FIRE OF THE HOLY GHOST BURN YOU FOREVER AND EVER IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS AMEND." george kabia (again)
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, if the regulars here don't maintain a certain level of helpfulness, we get fined.

Ooh! Another suggestion for raising funds!

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
Teh Str4y 7
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another new question, then:

Is there a list anywhere of the special board terms used here? I know what a Mugu is, and I can guess what slapping entails, but how does a mass-bait work, and what's with all those tiny flag icons?

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Teh Str4y 7

At the top of the page you'll see a Search button. Click it and the magic knowledge you seek shall be yours. jump_4_joy

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to eater, Teh!
There are alll kinds of stickys posted on the forums here, this is the one for the flag icons:
http://bravodelta.servemp3.com/viewtopic.php?t=118857 (it is at the top of this forum).

As far as a massbait is concerned, that is when a member requests assistance from other members in baiting a mugu, and we all pile on for some shared harassment!

I would recommend you take some time to read the various stickys, and also the welcome-gram from Nurse Nasty. It's all great stuff, and will answer a lot of your questions concerning baiting and customs.
Requesting a mentor is also a worthwhile thing, it can save you some time using a "direct line" so to speak.

Good luck with your baits and have fun!

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Teh Str4y 7

If you want to know what me mean by "postwhore", please ask Scam Patroller. Laughing
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The stickies are your friends. Just visit each forum in turn and read the threads at the top labeled ANNOUNCEMENT or STICKY. Those questions are answered in there.

A mass-bait is when lots of baiters pile on top of one scammer - who first thinks it's his birthday and Christmas all at once, and then later finds that it's a nightmare instead.

@Otterfan. Good idea, lets fine Don $1 for every post after someone asks about IP security before he posts that it doesn't matter. Smile

Edit: Sheesh, this is fast. What's up? Nothing on TV?

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Bafty Crastard
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I thought you could instruct Google and other search sites not to include your pages with a bit of code?
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My advice would be to read the stickies, read them some more, and then look for a mentor. I have a mentor, a weasel, she has slinky fur, an eye patch, missing teeth, and is the best mentor ever. I would insert gushy weasel/doctor love gibberish, but it makes people queasy, so I won't. Even though there is nothing wrong with it. Its not like its illegal, or anything....

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bafty Crastard wrote:
I thought you could instruct Google and other search sites not to include your pages with a bit of code?

In which case noone would find us, neither victims nor scambaiters. Not really an alternative. I would suggest to maybe only post parts of an ongoing bait when there's a question involved (vs. just to say 'Hey, and then my mugu said dis!') - HELP & TIPS is behind a login.

dr stephen williams wrote:
I would insert gushy weasel/doctor love gibberish, but it makes people queasy

It's general gibberish that makes people queasy.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Teh Str4y 7
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does changing a lad's name to green do the same thing? I've seen that used as well.

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ What you're seeing is masking.

On the code bar above when you're making a new post (where you click things such as "quote", "img", "url" etc) you'll see one labelled "Mask".

What this does is hides the text from search engines like google. So as long as you are reading the text in a post you'll be able to see it. But if you search for it, you'll never find it. It's a great little tool.

It looks something like this:

My mugu is going to be spending a night in Kano

Code:
My mugu [mask]Mr. Williams[/mask] is going to be spending a night in Kano

(edited to reflect SPs good point below)

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10

Last edited by Red on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A note about using the mask feature, when you use masking, the more it is used, the more it uses up forum bandwidth resources, so there is no need to mask whole sentences or whole posts, only critical words such as the lads name, baiting name, company name etc is all that needs masking.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What exactly does the "mask" tool do? I mean, I know it "hides" the text that is masked. But how does it do this? I assumed it just inserted a bit of code to keep that part from being indexed by search engines but if it uses up that much resource/bandwidth I'm guessing it's more complicated. Just curious...

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My mugu is going to be spending a night in Kano

Code:
My mugu [mask]Mr. Williams[/mask] is going to be spending a night in Kano

Produces HTML that looks like this:

Code:
My mugu <span style="color:#008266"> <script type="text/javascript">document.write(decode64('TXIuIFdpbGxpYW1z'))</script> </span> is going to be spending a night in Kano

The 'TXIuIFdpbGxpYW1z' gobbledegook is the phase "Mr. Williams". There is also a javascript function, which you really don't want to see, that turns it back into text.

Pedantic note: As you can see, it uses 16 characters to encode 12, hence the suggestion not to encode long sections. However each time you use it there is an overhead of around 100 characters for the javascript, so if you were being really efficient and you had two phrases to mask less than that distance apart, then you should only use a single mask instead of two. On the other hand that looks really messy.

Edit: also I don't know how much of that javascript is actually stored in the forum database; it might not be.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic