SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Article on Storm DDOS attacks

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found this on a website hosted by Jim Dunnagin (he is one of the experts brought in for interviews on the various networks, whenever they have a military or political-military issue and need an expert). Anyway, he is a knowledgeable individual and usually knows what he is talking about when he posts:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htiw/articles/20071024.aspx

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
LaBrea
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's the problem malware writers and their ilk face: their power is only temporary, until anti-malware/virus companies can craft a solution. Then they're on to something else......

It's ironic in a way, that they help support anti-virus companies, who could not sustain themselves without a threat to protect environments against.

While I'm happy to see the threat diminshing, I'm thinking their people are already planning the next phase..... and so it goes...... Sad

Hope the b4st4rds lost $$$ over this though! Twisted Evil

"Sir I sworn an oath as a legal luminary to defend your cause in all ramification from the armpit of the law" - Barr. W4k4r4 Iss4c
pony pony pony Mortar x6 Closed lad accounts x25
Click here to help your lad miss his scam quota
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Additional status of the anti-bot strike.

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/24/1532240&from=rss

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
bh sterling
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting article, Bruin.
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good write up over at Network World http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/102407-storm-worm-security.html

In addition to my other post it's worth noting that

Quote:
As you try to investigate [Storm], it knows, and it punishes,� he says. �It fights back.�

As a result, researchers who have managed to glean facts about the worm are reluctant to publish their findings. �They�re afraid. I�ve never seen this before,� Korman says. �They find these things but never say anything about them.�
William Wankur
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Stoker Thompson"]
Quote:
As a result, researchers who have managed to glean facts about the worm are reluctant to publish their findings

I've been in the data security business for almost 20 years and this is mostly hype. Bottom line is that it's a never ending arms race.

LaBrea is correct that the big winners are the AV vendors, just like in The Real World the big winners are Boeing/Lockheed etc. The last thing that they want is a permanent solution. Remember mutually assured destruction? Once the defense industry figured out that this meant a serious reduction in funding for new systems, governments re-acquired their taste for conventional warfare again.

/end rant
Sefton Dundridge
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is a very informative article Bruin. I have had loads of those spam e-mails with greetings cards and pdf files attached. Thankfully I never opened them. I think somebody warned us all about them on this site some time ago, just goes to show you eh!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic