SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Baseball World Series 2007

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many of us non baseball fans are still puzzling at how many nations are represented in this WORLD SERIES..... Laughing

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@simba,

Or even funnier is that we in the US crown the champion our style of football as "world champion." And we invented basketball and we get our butt kicked by like Kazakstan, ouch! But England gets their asses handed to them by brazil regularly in real football, so I guess invented a sport doesn't make you the king of it.

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Simba wrote:
Many of us non baseball fans are still puzzling at how many nations are represented in this WORLD SERIES..... Laughing

This year? Just one. Never more than two. Laughing But, the one represented is the one who has the best teams. Even if we bring a lot of them in from Latin America.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Micho Rizo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to see the Rockies win this year. I am kind of tired of the hype about Boston.

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Get a mentor here!
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Micho Rizo wrote:
... the hype about Boston.

Since I live outside of the US, I'm spared all the bullshit media hype.

I hate that with a passion, being one of the reasons I find it almost unbearable to watch the Superbowl (no, I really don't care how much some stupid 'Bud Lite' advertizement cost or what they paid to run it during half time or how funny the frogs were - Christ, who cares? I'd be out taking a leak when it ran anyway - not to mention that I wouldn't drink Bud Lite if you paid me to - even if they spelled it correctly).

However, being a Bostonian, one who spent a great deal of his first 20 years on the Green Line**, I love the Red Sox.

Phillies and Cubs fans can't understand us. Why? Because - until 2004 - the Red Sox would often play very well until the Fall, when they would invariably choke, giving us fans that good 'ol feeling we were expecting. The Phillies and the Cubs are different: they suck the whole season.

I've had "Go Red Sox" in my sig since the day I signed up here. I couldn't give a shit about any stupid 'curse' or whatever else those media assholes want to drum up to help sell more advertizing time, I only want one thing:

good Baseball.

Take those idiotic Coke bottles in left field at Fenway and stuff them up 'Wally's" mascot rear end, but please give me a good bullpen.

Go Red Sox!

More baseball, less hype.

Doctor X wrote:
You are dead to me.

Confused Confused Please don't act like a Yankees' fan.

** The Green Line is the subway line that stops at Kenmore Sq. This is how any respectable Sox fan gets to Fenway.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
Confused Confused Please don't act like a Yankees' fan.

Sadly KD in recent years more Sox fans and the team itself are acting like the Yankees.

The fans are starting to get the holier than thou attitude especially with mid-west to west coast fans.

The team has upped its payroll to almost the Yankee "I am going to buy my championship" status. That is awesome that they can do this don't get me wrong but there are some definite gaps between the haves and have nots in baseball. Although you still get a team like the Cardinals of last year or the Marlins of previous years that catch a hot streak near the end and win it all.

The games still have to be played and anything can happen. I hope it will be a good series. I picked Boston to win it all at the beginning of the play offs. That doesn't mean I won't be rooting against them still. Go Rockies!

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KD wrote:
I wouldn't drink Bud Lite if you paid me to - even if they spelled it correctly

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Laughing Laughing

Ok, but to paraphrase Shakespeare:

Quote:
O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a Bud Lite
By any other spelling would taste as horrible;

Wink Wink
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I like baseball, but this year I'll be mssiing most of the games due to another event going on.

I think the Red Sox will win, but whatever the result I hope there are some good games in this Series.

I'm neutral as to this one; the Cardinals didn't make it this time around.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
gargstang
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Got my Rockies jersey on now. Went to the NLCS game 4 to celebrate the sweep. This is a great young team that wasn't expected to be here. If you love baseball you have to check out Tulowitzki at short. Gamer for sure.

And for all of those outside the US, there is a huge east coast bias in all sports that can be seen in any city west of the Mississippi. So you probably have heard nothing about this Rockies team.

Oh yeah, Rockies took apart Beckett and Schilling in June when they weren't so hot. In Boston.

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133443">Intro</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Start Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117865">Safety</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Get Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Scam Victims</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Real Banks</a> ]
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
Please don't act like a Yankees' fan.

I think he was taking the piss.

TheGreatOok wrote:
Sadly KD in recent years more Sox fans and the team itself are acting like the Yankees.

The fans are starting to get the holier than thou attitude especially with mid-west to west coast fans.

Most of my family hails from Jersey and Massachusetts. A lot of that is general attitude that is common in people from out there, not so much exclusive to the sports thing. I notice this because on the EC, we often thought of people from the Midwest as hicks. I live in the Midwest now, and it is better in a lot of way. Certainly a lot fewer people, and much less expensive cost of living, among other things.

I have seen just a bit of what you describe but only among the "pink hats." A couple of months ago, I was in Chicago to watch the Sox play the, well, other Sox from the south side. We methodically tore them apart. The other Sox could not hit Wake--his knuckle balls were moving all over the place.

I was seated next to a couple who were very hard core White Sox fans. I, of course am a RS faithful as I have been for my life. We had pleasant enough conversation concerning baseball, the teams, and other things.
She was an enthusiastic fan, always cheering loudly and clapping and whatnot whenever the White Sox got on base or something, which was not too often.

A couple a rows ahead of us were these pink hats who were very obnoxious, especially after the RS really started kicking ass, telling her to "check the scoreboard" and whatnot. To her credit she was sassy right back to them. Smile "Ignore them," says I. "They probably weren't even fans before 2004."

After the lead had become near the double digits, there was a mass exodus of WS fans from the stands. Really only the RS fans and the hardcore WS fans remained. There was a 2 run home run by the WS in the 9th, I believe, making it 14-2. The people next to me stayed for the whole thing. Great fans.

And if you think RS fans are that bad, well, I am not so sure about that, at least some of our fans supported the Indians after their loss:

Quote:
As the Indians' players made their way from their clubhouse to the team bus, which was parked in right field, they found themselves being honored by an unlikely group of people.

Red Sox fans who had stayed behind at Fenway Park for the post-clinching celebration stood to the sides and created an alley for the players to walk through. And as they passed, the fans applauded, making comments like, ''Good series,'' and ''Good luck next year.''

Ex-Sox right fielder Trot Nixon was the first to pass, and he seemed surprised by the ovation. The other Cleveland players passed stoically, but Travis Hafner had a smile on his face.

On the other hand:

Quote:
One fan showed up at the airport to greet the Indians when they got home.

One.

More of OUR fans supported them than their own.

That comes from Sox blog over at Projo.

Bottom line is, do not let your negative experience with some 'fans' determine what you think of fans as a whole. Same goes with any team--yes, even the Yankees. Very Happy

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, I think. . . (even the yankees.) Wink

The Red Sox rivalry is one that I grew up with, thinking it was fun. Its been turned into something sinister. My dad was a hard core Red Sox fan, I grew up surrounded by Red Sox fans, it's probaby why I'm a Yankees fan. Laughing
I don't judge the fans as a group.

I'm with KD about the "hype". Let's get back to good baseball. I have seen a bunch of fair weather friends, or pseudo baseball fans. I know Red Sox "fans" who have only watched the post season games and then try to rib me about "my" Yankees.

I love baseball, and I love the Yankees. They aren't in the post season this year and didn't deserve to be. The Red Sox did. They earned it.
I still won't root for them, though.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm waiting for the first Australian to come here and comment on the Aussie meaning of the verb "to root." Cool
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well said Akai, I was stereotyping, I should know better than that. You are right it is probably a few vocal fans that have jaded me.

Will try to keep my mind more open, bah can't believed I stereotyped like that. Confused

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Akai Ryu wrote:
kleindoofy wrote:
Please don't act like a Yankees' fan.

I think he was taking the piss.

Check his hat:

Regarding fans, the Glorious Red Sox fans have labored under "lovable losers" and "curses" for decades. They have had to wear the Silly Hat whenever the Buckner film got replayed in the "More Embarrassing Clips than Finding Your Girlfriend Making Out with Your Mother" shows. Even though Buckner did not lose that game--blame Bob "the Steaming Pile" Stanley who did not even bother to cover first base. This is after he blew the lead.

So now, suddenly, they are winning. Perhaps too many fans of other teams were happy pointing to someone else as more pathetic than them. They could point to the Cubs, but that is just cruel.

One MAJOR difference is that Glorious Red Sox fans do not feel "entitled" to win a championship. This is what sets them apart from MFYs fans. If Cleveland won--which they could have, seriously--Francona would not have been fired. The owners would not have dragged Epstein and others to a meeting in Florida to discuss "new plays!" Fans and the team would be disappointed, yes, but they would move on.

The other "problem" is that the Town of the Curse and Lovable Losers" had an even WORSE loser--the New England Patriots. For 99.9% of their history, the Patriots were the "bye week" for other teams. Seriously. Indeed, before 2001, a friend guffawed that, "at least the Red Sox will win a World Championship before the Patriots ever win a Super Bowl!!"

I mean even Cubs fans laughed at the Patriots.

Seems unfair for, suddenly, a Town of Losers to have two great teams. Frankly, the Glorious Red Sox are not as dominant as the Patriots are CURRENTLY, and even Pats fans wonder about Indy. Yet, Patriots fans do not feel entitled. Compare them to the San Diego fans last year--who had already planned their Super Bowl parade.

Few, if any, expected the Patriot to beat San Diego. They did expect to beat Indy and were for a half. But games are "two halves" and as much as Pats fans would like to bitch about it, Indy and St. Peyton played better--much like Cleveland played better for three games of the ALCS. Two of them they spanked the Glorious Red Sox, frankly.

One week after losing to Indy in the AFC Championship game . . . seeing what a disaster the Bears are . . . Pats fans accepted it. The principle press dudes declared it the "Best AFC Game Ever"--even though their team lost. "Have to give it to Peyton! Played brilliantly."

San Diego fans? They were still bitching about it on blogs.

MFYs fans?

Still pissed. Consider this:

That is the critical difference. There are assholes in EVERY stadium. Their are good fans in EVERY stadium . . . save . . . the Toilet Bowl.

--J.D.

TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You are so right Dr. X Boston Fans would never print a front page story like that in their newspaper.

Tom Brady in Yankees hat!!!!!

Nope the Boston Herald would never do something of the sort....

pony Mortar x4
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheGreatOok wrote:
Nope the Boston Herald would never do something of the sort....

He has not worn it since having a "talk" with:

--J.D.

Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now you have to admit it was a close game.

--J.D.

gargstang
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Game sucked from my perspective. Rockies pitching was horrible. We'll see how the rookie does tonight.

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133443">Intro</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Start Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117865">Safety</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Get Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Scam Victims</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Real Banks</a> ]
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doctor X wrote:
... a Town of Losers ...

Errr, I grew up in greater Boston in the 60's. The 60's as in "the Celtics won the NBA championship every goddam year of the whole decade" 60's.

Not to mention Bobby Orr and the Bruins.

So Boston hasn't really been spared of that winning feeling, but, yes, while the Sox a least kept us excited, only to lose in the end, the Patriots were just plain boring.
Doctor X
** ACCOUNT CLOSED **

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

--J.D.

Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

*Gets popcorn and settles in...*

** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doctor X wrote:
I mean, when has anyone won anything in Philadelphia?

Someone did a song called Philadelphia Freedom a couple of decades ago... Shocked Laughing

jojobean wrote:
Even if we bring a lot of them in from Latin America.

And from Japan! Very Happy

I always thought that the designation World Series was a bit pretentious! Shocked

I am rooting... er... cheering for the Rockies. They are the only MLB team I have watched in person. Also the RS have won the World Series before and the Rockies have not.

Finally the Rockies are being taken Series... Laughing

Where is Stargate?

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I predicted the Rockies would be hard to beat. (Don't worry Akai, I'm still cheering for your Sox) but I was surprised at game 1. At least game 2 wasn't a "blowout".

It's now 2-0 Sox.
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ ^ ^ I appreciate your continued support. Smile

As far as the next game goes, it is our Japanese starter, Matsuzaka Daisuke (or just Dice-K to those of us who are RS fans) who will be on the mound. Game 3 Saturday in Colorado.

Gambatte kudasai Dice-K!

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic