SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

AOL rant

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What the **** is it with AOL? WHY do 99% of all my messages to AOL addresses (regardless of the email system I use) always bounce back to me? About a dozen AOL-using forum members have contacted me asking for forum access, and every reply I've sent, whether it be via the Eater mail server, Gmail, Virgin, and Hotmail have all bounced. Each time I get almost exactly the same error message:

Quote:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 16): 554-: (HVU:B1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvub1.html
554 TRANSACTION FAILED

AOL seems to be the only ISP I ever have any problems with these days. Now all I'm getting are secondary emails from users complaining I am ignoring them. I CAN'T FREAKING REPLY TO YOU PEOPLE!

If you're a AOL user who managed to get here despite the insurmountable odds laid against you, then don't blame me for ignoring you Smile

OK. I'm going for a rest in a quiet, dark corner of the room...

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's a default setting on aol that you use their spam filter.

I used my first non personal addie with aol as a catcher and I have all spam filters off (including the aol spam filter) and it receives everything - spam, phishing, the lot - so maybe those members need to adjust their spam settings.

It is also possible to specify addies or domains from which mail can be accepted, but that may then mean they have to specify all other domains/addies.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shiv:

My dad is an AOL user and my gmail regularly gets through to him. You might consider setting up a gmail to send to those people?

Then when they get here chastise them for using a substandard e-mail system when there are plenty of free ones out there.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ The Man, Shiver has tried Gmail Wink:

shiver wrote:
whether it be via the Eater mail server, Gmail, Virgin, and Hotmail have all bounced.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
...whether it be via the Eater mail server, Gmail, Virgin, and Hotmail...

EDIT: Damn! Beat me to it SP Smile

bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You must mean aoHELL as I called it when I was unfortunate enough to have to use it Laughing

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You have PM shiv.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
ol-fishinbait
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, it looks like AOLOL doesn't like the URL you're sending.

Try SEnding them a mail without the link in it, explaining that theiR ISP is so VEry rubbish that you can't send theM the link. use some kind of a cipher to hide the Page url in the text, though. Send the same mail to 3 people. and that way only those who are truly worthy Can find this fOruM.

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

AOL has very strict filtering rules. I've run into this a few times. The best way to deal with it is to become an AOL(L)user and send the email from that account. And yes, I believe [email protected] is taken.

Perhaps a resident 419Eater who has an AOL account can send emails for you?

Edit: for spelling so at least I won't look retarded . . . . . much

Last edited by Stoker Thompson on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stoker Thompson wrote:
. . . . . . . . . . . become an AOL(L)user . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'd want loser@aol.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I`ve had the same problem sending the eater link to our AOL users. It is very very frustrating!

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We sussed it out earlier, sending the link like this with spaces, works Very Happy:

h t t p : / / b r a v o d e l t a . s e r v e m p 3 . c o m

When it's a normal link, AOL filters probably see the MP3 in the url and thinks it's spam, thus bouncing it.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiver wrote:
... WHY do 99% of all my messages to AOL addresses (regardless of the email system I use) always bounce back to me? ...

I feel your pain. I've been having that problem for years now. I've had some very upset customers who refused to believe me that, yes, I answered their emails but that I kept getting my replies back.

Some AOL addies work for me, many don't.

It really sucks. Evil or Very Mad
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep I tried that SP....but still bounced. Sad

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the answer lies in the error message

Your rejection code is a 554

Unless covered by a more precise response code, response code 554 is to be used to reject a MAIL FROM, RCPT TO, or DATA command that contains something improper. Enhanced status code 5.6.0 is to be used if no other code is more specific. Typically a non FQDN will give this error. I know it is cryptic - but that is where your message is falling over

the rejection codes are outlined in RFC-2476 if you want an instant cure to insomnia go and read it! Laughing

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could you please say that again but in english this time? Laughing

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lotta, tried 2 of the addies for Shiver earlier, both bounced, then with the spaces both went and they have not come back yet, over 2 1/2 hours ago, and the bounce is usually immediate when it does bounce Confused Did you put spaces in the h t t p : / / bit as well?

Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
spaces in the h t t p : / / bit as well?

Nice trick. I'll have to remember it. Thanks!
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Shiv and SP:

Guess you can see I skim messages huh Embarassed

I'll just go put myself in time out.

*wanders over to corner for 20 minutes*

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
Could you please say that again but in english this time? Laughing
Well since there's not much else other than MAIL FROM, RCPT TO, and DATA in an email message, I think he said that there is something improper somewhere. Laughing Just to make matters worse, the report doesn't have the "In response to..." bit that many of them have. Rolling Eyes

I suppose being astounded by AOL's stupidity in any particular case is rather redundant, but I wonder if AOLusers in Scunthorp have many problems. Wink

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thud419 wrote:
. . . . . . . . I wonder if AOLusers in Scunthorp have many problems. Wink

Only when they spell Scunthorpe.com incorrectly. Laughing

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a former (and still occasional, now that it's free) AOL user I've been most amused by the fact that a lot of AOL's messages to its own members get flagged as spam. Laughing Almost every time they announce a new feature, the announcement ends up in the spam folder.

I ran into a problem a couple of years ago when I set up my private domain to forward mail to an AOL account. Because my business address is posted all over the net, every bot in the world has harvested it and I now get over 600 spam emails every stinking day. All of these were forwarded to my AOL account so after a while AOL decided that my server was a spammer, and they blocked it.... None of my legitimate mail could get through. The solution was to redirect my mail to a gmail account, then forward from there to AOL. Pretty convoluted, but it worked -- and best of all, gmail traps 95% of the spam before passing it on. Every week or so I go into that gmail account and delete 3,000-4,000 spams at once.

(So why do I keep the AOL account going? Simply because of archived mails. I have well over 70,000 of them on my hard drive now and the search feature is very easy for a computer illiterate like me, and very useful when I need to find out what I told a customer a year or two ago.)

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Juan Freizwidatt wrote:
... my business address is posted all over the net, every bot in the world has harvested it and I now get over 600 spam emails every stinking day. ...

You're singing my song. Confused
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Yeah, I think you and I have some similar issues, KD, both running our own businesses....

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I too have another site where online ordering takes place. People with AOL accounts can be a pain (not the fault of the users themselves, obviously) though thankfully the CC merchant we use seem to be AOL friendly, so unless there's an order query, I tend not to have to battle with AOL accounts Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic