SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

So what's the word on these Dos attacks?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This seems to be a pretty big deal. I have heard estimates ranging from 10,000 to 1 Million computers working as bots taking down/ clogging up sites. How does this process work? What is being done? It looks like urgentmessage.org is down also, that was a good source of addresses for me. If urgent... is set up as an automatically running site, it may be down for a long time. Does anybody know who runs it? We should really be developing an automatic baiter to counter these low lifes.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not in the know, but my gut feeling is that this cost someone a lot of money to execute. And I mean a *lot*.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Pyrosoft
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Without wishing to get off topic here, this is the site I use for getting all my lads addresses
Repository
Run by one of the members here and is a fantastic resource so you wont be lost for lads to bait.

Mass Mail Tools - How to bank bait

pony pony pony Mortar x2
Jolly Roger
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, at the end of the day, we won & they lost...

We're still here, and they've spent a ton of money. And, isn't that our ultimate goal anyway, to make lads spend money?

Laughing

419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The early consensus is that it costed money? I have googled and not found a lot on just exactly this process works. Is there "a man" that a scammer or group of scammers that someone can go to to get this done? Is it just one rich guy or did some scammers get together? How does a bot network work? Do the sites targeted come back after the bots turn off?
MrMe
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

as far as I know...

"The early consensus is that it costed money?" - Yes

"Is there "a man" that a scammer or group of scammers that someone can go to to get this done?" - more likely the botnet would be owned by a gang rather than one person.

"Is it just one rich guy or did some scammers get together?" - No idea, but it would have to be a very rich scammer to be able to pay for it, so in my opinion its probably a group of scammers.

"How does a bot network work?" - Someone at home / work downloads a screensaver or some other program which has a trojan in it - which allows the owner of the trojan to access and control the computer. If thousands of people install the program, the bot master can control thousands of computers, making them all try to access one website - which will 'melt' the server.

"Do the sites targeted come back after the bots turn off?" - yes, generally.

Feel free to correct me if I've said anything wrong.

<a href="?t=125626">MTCN S3cur3</a> Endorsements:

I am almost having a bad sight as a result of click on the box

my eyes are paining me now cos i have been
looking at the computer for more than six hours

you cannot subject me to this suffering

i am sick and tired of this shit.

I don't go with this Idea at all, this is not how business is done

whenever i make mistake even at the peak of retrieving the numbers i would ask to go back to the begining and this has virtually consumed all my time by doing this

i cant stress my self any more..I now have a back pain cos of this

pony
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This cost money; either real currency or just tying up a bot network that could have been doing other, paid, work.

It is very interesting to me, that some group is coherent enough to find it economically viable to commit the resources required for the length of time that they have.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It cost them money both to do it and as an outcome. I have increased my bank killing and baiting quite a bit and plan to keep it going for as long as I can.

Hey mugus for every action there is an exact and opposite reaction. Twisted Evil

You mess with domains to slow down the baiting and bank killing. It increases baiting bank killing and everything you�re trying to stop

Who�s with me?

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
michael bolton
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure that they have caused a few headaches around here, but in the long term they have hurt themselves. They can't sustain the attack indefinitely, and in the meantime Eater has upgraded to a better service, making it harder for the next DOS to succeed. I've doubled the number of baits that I'm running, diversified my file storage, and turned my name gold. How many non-premium members are left around here? If anything, they have helped Eater, because more people are more active, and as soon as it is over with I'm sure there will be an explosion of new members, because I'm probably not the only one recruiting my friends to come check the site out.
And anyway, I'm having a lot of fun, annoying a lot of lads, and it doesn't affect my life or my business.

DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I my opinion this has not cost money. As far as I can research, this is caused by the Storm worm. A group in Russia sent out a loaded email about the storms in Europe over the summer or spring, I forget. They were able to zombie over 100K computers. I also heard up to 1.2 million. Then to demonstrate their ability, they picked a group of anti-spam/scam site to take down. They can use a small percentage of their botnet while allowing the other bots to operate unimpeded.

But that is all only my opinion.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some related links... most have been posted before, but I thought I would add them. I think that this may be something to watch. IMHO of course.

http://it-networks.org/?news=470

http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/2007/10/securitymatters_1004

http://www.campustechnology.com/articles/50238/

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070912-spammers-launch-denial-of-service-attacks-against-antispam-sites.html

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From my reading of the storm worm and associated info. It is quite conceivable that once initiated the DDOS attack can run until every infected pc is cleaned. It seems that the new strains don't require a bot master and are replicating themselves daily. So unless the person who started it calls a stop to it it will continue unabated. Lets face it it's not the scammers servers that are sending this out it's the infected PC's all over the world.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
Some related links...

A good read. Thanks.

Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

St�rmw�rm ist kaputt? Article dated 10/22.

Great to be back, all - Lotta, thanks for the email!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Interesting article, but a few security experts have been saying for a while that storm worm activity would drop when the authors were preparing for phase 2. Split the net into smaller ones and rent them out. Not dead, just resting.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic