SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Thinkin out loud here. Don't get yer panties in a bunch.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just want to run something by you all for opinions.

I am getting bored and running out of characters for my romance baits. I worry too because some of the lads are coming back and testing my characters, I am sure. So I am deleting some of them.

For once I'd just like to be the real me for a bait. I'd like to play me as I am, a fairly intelligent, single, older woman. I know there are thousands of women out there, just like me, who naively get sucked into these romance scams. I've had a few lads now who've been really slick and had I not already known, I could have been one of them.

I just want to be able to give out real information like my physical address and home phone number and be able to speak with them with my kids present - with them knowing I've got kids present. I don't want to have to remember what name to answer the phone with.

I know Lads are criminals but aren't romance scammers just petty criminals? And what harm would they want to do me if I don't promise them money and don't send any?

I wonder too if I'd have more opportunity to string them along until the money bite and then confront them with their scamming. The US government sponsors and is currently running a nationwide TV, newspaper, and magazine ad campaign that warns Americans of Internet fraud and scams. It should be getting hard for the lads and vlads to find victims now anyway.

Wouldn't being more honest with them be more productive in steering them away from scamming? Couldn't I just save my false identities for the hard core fake check and advance fee scams?
PRS Girly Girl
Will Post for Food

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would strongly advise not to use any real life information. The risk is not worth any of the rewards or returns. It is not safe to assume that a romance lad is any less of a low life than other types of scammers. A romance lad may also be involved in other scams such as check and lotto scams. While lads may be far away, they may have a friend or family member close to your actual location. Your actual information could be used by them or colleagues in a way that is unsafe or damaging to you. Your information could be used against other potential victims because it will seem to be legitimate. Would you want to get dragged into an investigation because your real life information was found on a victim's or scammer's computer? There are way too many negatives to offset any positives.

I doubt using your real information would steer them away from scamming any more than using fake information. Telling a scammer they were baited only helps them in the future and would not stop them from scamming again. After a while you would not be able to use your real life information for baiting anymore - you would be known as a baiter within a lad community.

Do not let the lads control your baits. If talking on the phone is becoming too difficult, stop using the phone in the bait or demand they call at a specific time. This is better than trying to make things easier by giving out your real life information. Speaking from experience, you do not need the phone to carry out a success romance bait.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

Mortar x3
Pith Helmet Banjul, The Gambia to Dakar, Senegal and back. 0usman C4mar4
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All lads are dangerous!

Just because he is running a romance bait with you don,t mean he is solely a romance scammer.

Most lads are trying all kinds of scams at any one time, Vlads are slightly different and concentrate on romance.

As for giving out real info, thats just a crazy idea and i truly hope you don,t.

pony pony Mortar x18
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks PG, and I am not planning on giving out real information. Like I said, just thinking (or writing) out loud.

Would it still be a bait though, if one were open and honest in all communications? I would never tell a lad he was baited. I am so not about educating or tipping them off either.

Believe me, I've learned the hard way about letting a lad have control. That won't happen again (and Wayne has been teaching me new and fun ways to slap - I'm loving it!).

I know I don't need a phone to bait, but so far it's been the fastest way to make them pay out to try and scam me. I actually try to drag the conversations out as long as I can (if they're not too obscene) and I've noticed they're all really rushed to hang up. They are cheap little buggers.

I just don't like telling whopping lies in front of my kids. They know I bait and think it's a hoot - my teenager actually made herself a fake Myspace page to join in (supervised of course). And I feel bad cuz I killed off my mother in one of my baits (funeral expenses before the inheritance, ya know) and my poor mom was sitting nearby when I was discussing the details.
Tasman
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OB. No problem with kicking ideas round but you need to ask if this is for you. I have my doubts... especially with romance ones as I am not sure if they are scammers (especially the Phads) until the money requests float in.

I have explained to my wife what I do and that I am not genuinely harbouring any thoughts of running off with them as they do not exist - it is just a game. She thinks it is a waste of time but is comfortable with what I do.

Not being patronising, just saying that if you uncomfortable with telling lies - the very corner stone of baiting, then it may be time to take up fishing.

"What you can tell me now? Maybe Russian Mafia, Godzilla, Hitler, third World War
prevented you make a transfer?"
"You are not bigger than Almighty God.If You were created by God, then i command the charm you are using to fail.IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. REKE MAMA LAKKAKULIMAKA." Barrister Aby
"fock yuuuuuuu" - Kevin Ezeh
"i hope u r real..bcos u r sounding like a joker now" - Day0
"If you have nothing to say or do, go f**k yourself." N4na

Ivory Coast
United States <- Fake dog adoption site

pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Dancing Banana

Mortar x20
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tas? Your wife is ok with you flirting as a single guy on the net? Gee, that's really understanding and amazing. My own mother nags me everyday to quit. I killed her off mostly for spite. Twisted Evil
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I catch your drift, but I agree with the rest. It's not worth it! Smile

Lovey has no problem with it. I read the funniest to him and he gets a kick out of it.

When he goes to bed (early) he comes over, kisses me nite and calls me a net slut. Razz

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like I said, I'm not going to. Just wishing out loud, I guess. And I think it's good for noobs and wannabe romance baiters to understand the 'safe bait' reasoning a bit better.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OBL

What the others said in regards to giving out personal info.

You will learn to be comfortable in these lies with the knowledge that you are lieing to someone who never tells the truth.

As for what Tasman has said in regards to his wife, I think most of us here are in relationships and as far as I know we are all open with our wives / girlfriends / significant others in regards to our baiting.

My wife doesn,t understand why I do it, but she has no problem with it besides not being asleep or watching some crap on the lounge with her.

BTW
@Tasman
Good to have you back

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Others have already said this, the lads don't exclusively romance scam or exclusively check scam, etc. The lad I'm baiting now runs lots of different types of scams.

Perhaps you need a break from the romance baits?
I have a hard time with them sometimes. It's hard to pretend to care for someone when you're not in the mood. Wink
Bait a lotto lad til you get your second wind.

edit: oops Smile typos

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well along these same lines; I have a romance lad that's been boring me to tears for 6 months now. He's the one I just got the cockroach in his wardrobe compliment from today.

He's split himself off into two personalities. One he thinks he's my husband and emails me crap like the above and now this new personality is a friend of the first's that is a young man wanting to come to the states for college. The bore has asked me to help the younger.

'They' both write me daily and even though the bore is supposed to be in Europe, both have identical IP addys from Lagos, Nigeria. I really want to call 'them' on this, but to do that would be to give up that I know they're scamming.

What can I do to liven this up, aside from slapping him for calling me a cockroach?
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are all kinds of twists you can take with a bait. While I haven't baited any vlads, I've baited a couple of lads who walked down the "romance" trail.
You could get a roommate who secretly accesses your email and writes to your lad. You could be bi-sexual and get a girlfriend and get your lad to agree to get engaged to both of you. You could start developing some type of mental illness. . . or a brain tumor that affects your memory Twisted Evil
Once a lad has been on the hook for a while, (a few months) you can up the ante. . . just introduce it slowly and believably at first. When you start to veer down the "bizzaro" path, they usually follow along. Just make sure to bring your cash. Wink

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You've got a great question and some very responsible answers. I would suggest going half way. If you get a disposable cell phone that is not linked to you in any way, you can always answer it with your sole persona. You can be the cockroach in the wardroom while pruning your roses.

As far as speaking to them with your kids present, it would depend upon their ages.

Burning the lad at the end of the bait? I've tried my best to never educate a scammer in anything other than goat husbandry and sexual orientation.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@OBL,

I dont know if you remember what happened to Murry with Linda Lopez, Murry introduced his mum and then had a car accident and died.

That was fun, you could introduce your friend or relative to the younger scammer personality to keep the contact, die and leave an inheritance.

Lads love inheritance from the mugus. (sorry their supposed mugus)

I can give a little more info if you would like to PM me with an email addy

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Murry! That's brilliant!!! He's brought on a new, younger character who is really him, so I shall do the same. Only I will die and my daughter will take over. I'll let her (in RL she's 17) have the boy lad, who's 20 (maybe even in real life??). My daughter wants to bait and if I supervise, I don't see a problem.

In my story, I'm a recovering druggie with an estranged daughter who's been in a car accident and is recovering from injuries. I used that excuse a couple weeks ago to cut back on emails in hopes of dropping him entirely. In RL my daughter was injured in a car accident not long ago and in RL her birth mother (she's adopted) is an estranged drug addict. This could all actually be therapeutic for her.

I'll work with her on what to do with the 'husband' who'll certainly think he's entitled to some inheritance.

Hey . . . what are the chances that the lad is now using his own real life identity as the young lad who wants to go to college here?
michael bolton
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OldBaglady wrote:
Hey . . . what are the chances that the lad is now using his own real life identity as the young lad who wants to go to college here?

I've seen that happen on several occasions. Most notably on some of the "job offer" baits that I've run. I would say that the odds are better than 50/50

The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OBL; Character death is one of my main stays now in baits. No matter if it is job scam, romance, whatever. Get bored, original character dies. The more bizzare method of death the better. I think someone had their character die from Chronic Halatosis for crying out loud! Then you can go down all kinds of paths with the will or having someone access the e-mail and wanting to complete the "deal" or whatever.

Do not under any circumstances give out real information.

If you are in UK you could get a flextel number and redirect it where you need it to go. Or as most do get a prepaid cell, and pay with cash. No tie to you. While the odds are 99/100 the lad could never find you even if you drew him a map to your home, do you really want to be that one?

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic