SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

12v AC PSU Source?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My router keeps clicking off when I so much as brush the lead from the PSU. It seems the wire is broken internally, just where the lead leaves the PSU block.

Before I lose the interweb thingy altogether, I need a new one.

The plug is a standard UK 3 pin, for 240V AC the plastic psu block it is built into says the output is 12V AC, 1000Ma.

The business end has a barrel plug, which as best as I can measure it, is 5mm wide.

For once, Google and Ebay have drawn a blank. Ebay i found similar, but the output plug was 2.5mm.

My local computer shop suggested a multi output PSU, with various different plugs and switchable voltage. Aha! i thought, Ive got one of those. On digging it out, however, the outputs are all DC. Sad

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try this

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi neighbourino, nope, that has a DC output.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice to see the Harley back. My little Suzuki sounds like a diesel - it's in the garage for a while.

AC/AC, hmm unusual. Well, you could try this

Closed lad accounts x2

"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank

SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've got an older version of one of these, Uniross Universal mains adaptor AC/DC, works brilliantly

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

iMike's one will do, although an AC power supply is basically a transformer in a box. You could halve the price if you can do a bit of easy soldering and drill a couple of holes.

On the other hand, if you could do that, you could just fix the wire. Don't you know a man who can?

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several

Last edited by thud419 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good spot guys. Ugly and expensive, but the right flavour of elastictrickery, so the smoke should stay in the router. Hopefully the right plug too, I guess mine is the 5.5mm one.

A new wireless router is tempting, but then I would have to set it up, and iMike could monitor my internet 'research' Shocked

@ Thud, I could cut the thing open on the output side & try to fix the break, I can solder, but if I balls it up, or the break's where I cant get at it,or a dry joint inside the block, I cant come back on the net to ask for more help.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10

Last edited by Roycropper on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ you'd be surprised how many people round here have open wireless connections! Useful for checking my emails while I'm having a dump.

Closed lad accounts x2

SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\ thankyou for that mental image1 I'll go and wash my mind out with soap.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The 5.5mm size is the length of the barrel, but the other sizes look odd, they might be the internal size rather than the external one. That does look like a complete set of plugs, but take the old PSU to Maplin's and check before you buy.

If you can solder, why not make your own? http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ITAG=SPEC&ModuleNo=46757&doy=15m10#spec

I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The length? shoot, mines around 5mm wide. Sad

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just measured one of my multi-outlet things, and got external sizes of 3.3mm, 5.0mm and 5.25mm. So I am 99% certain that the numbers on the Maplin spec are the internal diameter of the hole in the middle.

Edit: I was wrong. clicky
The two sizes are internal and external diameter - the spec of the power-supply does not mention shaft length.

Cellphone x14

D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your local electrical shop can do it for you.

Bring the router / psu, and a universal AC psu at the right 1000ma

Then ask them to do a henry the 8th - chop the existing connector off, and place it on the new universal psu - voilla correct connection.

Should cost about �20 quid all in, but umm a router off ebay is probably the same price with half the hassle. (id buy a new router its quicker, and it wont run the risk of serious fire if its left on 24/7 - remember multi connectors are not designed for 24/7 use - neither are routers but theres not much chance the factory one will explode and burn the gerbil the cat and the flat.

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, D-O is correct. Cheap home routers die after a few years. For very little you can buy a wireless, use the ports and turn the radio off if you don't need it.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is not rocket science Smile

However if in doubt skip this post.

Go and get a compatible transformer unit (power pack) from your local electrical store dont worry about the plug if it's wrong. Less than $20
Make sure it is as good as the old unit in the current, ie it's at least 1000ma(1amp), 1500ma (1.5amp) will do just fine. The voltage has to be the same 12vac. (thats not quite true but will do for now)

Chop the plug off the old unit leaving as much cord as possible. Chop the plug of the new unit, bare and twist the the wires from each item about 20mm and splice the pairs together. Polarity is not an issue as it's AC. However there will be a stripe down one wire so in keeping with convention try and join the like wires.

Don't even worry about soldering the wires if you don't have the tools.
Just make sure you make a good connection to the wires by either twisting
or a connector and insulate the the joins from each other.

If you need a drawing I'll send you one
Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic