SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

CURRENT STATUS THREAD

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Baiting the botmasters? Sounds brilliant... but I doubt it would happen.

If I understand this correctly, the attack is being carried out by zombie computers. Which means there's not someone sitting on the other end clicking it over and over Cool

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bearkat03 wrote:
If I understand this correctly, the attack is being carried out by zombie computers. Which means there's not someone sitting on the other end clicking it over and over Cool

not only zombies but also virtual machines me thinky... Cool

sadly this thingy is getting bigger day by day and not all machines involved are controlled by an human being who could pull the plug... Evil or Very Mad

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps a solution could be to have the link to this forum as a handwritten image file on the main page. That way only "real people" would be able to follow it? Of course they'd have to type it in to their browser, but it would be a way to separate this forum but still keep it possible for newbies to join up.

For example (sorry about the terrible handwriting, a scanned printed URL may work better):

freya
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Josh,I like that idea Smile

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Josh wrote:
... they'd have to type it in to their browser ...

That would automatically rule out about 40% of the members. Laughing
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You mean they'd probably spell it wrong? Wink

Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey KD - thats not a nice thing to say about our members Laughing

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Josh wrote:
You mean they'd probably spell it wrong? Wink

Evil or Very Mad

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KD, I love your dry sense of humor. Very Happy

I decided not to get the whip out. I'll spare ya! Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally I'm in favour of Shiver's snail mail approach... drop boxes are about to get very busy as I'll be having my lads write my posts for me Laughing

Well done once again to Rover, leccy, lotta, shiver and anyone else on the admin team who I forgot. We are immensely grateful to be home. Very Happy

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ bearkat: lol, yes I figured we didn't just have one coffee-swilling, octopus-armed vlad going nuts on a bunch of computers 24:7! Laughing

BUT I was thinking that obviously that bot-master pulls the strings...so they somehow do some research or track us down somehow...by themselves. From their own computer. They have to set up the attack, for instance- so if we were advertising our new eater site....I would imagine he would click the link to find out where to direct the zombies next. (that's a pretty cool sentence right there...)

I don't know much about the zombie-bot DDoS other than the basic outline of how they work....but would an IP address we could confirm came from our criminal be helpful? I know he could be from any number of computers...but maybe the police would like that info if we could obtain it?

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NINJAS!

If you are able to connect to forum.419eater.com PLEASE IGNORE IT! - this is NOT us! (well it is sorta Laughing ) It is a simply a testbed.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
mathias
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Rover: is it ok to post the current eater-linky on my emergency forum for everybody to see? Or do you want us to keep it kind of secret (released with pm's or so)?

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey its blank

i am colour blind

what did it say,some secret message from beyond

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@remmy:

just piss on your screen, then hold it over a burning candle, you'll see the text appear.

Fight My Brute
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For once! - We went down last night and it WAS NOT due to a bot attack!

Our ISP's fiber lines were cut! -(they still are) - I have switched to a new server and did a restore - one or two messages will be missing but hopefully nothing to exciting)

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If it's not one thing, it's another, bloody annoying aint it Evil or Very Mad, was it a vlad with scissors who cut the fibre lines? Laughing

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, There is exciting stuff missing in pw, but I not complain and I not going to repeat mine. Razz

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Corona, what are you not going to repeat, where you said that wearing thongs make you horny Twisted Evil

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is a copy of the email I got from our ISP

Our ISP wrote:
At approximately 6:40PM PST our fiber link to WVFiber went down momentarily, returning at 6:42PM PST. A ticket was submitted requesting information regarding the outage. A few moments later, at 6:45PM PST the port again went offline. Tickets were opened with WVFiber, CRG West, and our own techs quickly went to confirm our routers and fiber were functioning correctly.

A rather disturbing and alarming discovery was that neither WVFiber nor CRG (datacenter where our fiber demarks) had any onsite techs available to diagnose the problems until morning. Awknet attempted to get backup connectivity via Cogent, Mzima, and Linkline - however due to company policies none of these carriers were able to provision us service within 48 hours.

WVFiber has now dispatched a contractor that works on their behalf in the LA area to head into the datacenter and confirm if the issue is with the router or the CGR crossconnect itself. If it is infact a router port issue we will be online shortly after moving to a new port. Sadly, if it is infact a fiber issue we will be forced to wait for CRG techs to arrive and provision a new crossconnect.

I'll keep you as updated on the progress as possible.

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah
I was getting paranoid.
I found you all again, then couldn't log on this am
Think most of the posts I made last night have gone and got email to say iIhad PMs but cant see them

Thought you'd taken a dislike to me

One of my posts was praising Rover for all his work and redirecting me here so feel I should say thanks again
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did a backup yesterday afternoon.

I had two choices here.

• 1: Wait for the isp to fix the fiber lines then bring us back (who knows how long that will take) - They are still down
  • 2: Restore the backup onto another server and bring us back minus some messages

I opted for # 2

Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Rover - I have no idea what you are talking about, but I believe that you made a good choice..... Wink

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I second Simba.

You've obviously been working hard.
It was just weird to see posts had disappeared overnight

One big coincidence the ISP being down in the hidey hole? Wink
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry was practicing my ninja katananananana skills last night and accidentally cut the fiber line. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will send restitution to people by WU.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic