SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Kubuntu Linux help

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ D1, I have some Live and install CD's that Ubuntu sent to me a couple of years ago, I get the Ubuntu screen when inserting the CD, but nothing to give me a live preview, just button for downloading Open Office etc, as far as I know, I need a minimum of 256MB RAM which is exactly what this machine has got and everything else I think is compatible, but maybe it's not Confused

I'm just going to leave it and get another laptop after christmas, thanks for the offer anyway.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
D11
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no problem, the live cd's are handy i have a knoppix 3.1 which i use sometimes, just pop it in the drive and instant linux from cd lol.

Feisty fawn has some amazing graphics, its in that area i like it.

A new laptop, quick bit of buying advice:

Its more than likely going to be a vista machine, go for 1gb of ram anything less will feel sluggish and unresponsive.
Dont let them talk you into a "Free" laptop for 2 years broadband, weve been round here long enough to know if thats the offer the service or laptop are not 100% risky free lol, nah but seriously the laptop would be bottom line, you wouldnt be happy with it, plus you would be tied to an isp for 2 years.
Screensize, before you buy one make sure you see some running, what your looking for is how bright the screen looks, and also how it looks.
Graphics, more than likely 128mb on board.
Sound - it wont matter - make sure its got 2 pcmcia card slots, then you can get creative cards (Lets you record skype calls, we all know ya gonna want to do that lol)

Anyway thats not all the things to consider but i think its a good start, avoid the 512mb ram with vista, its really slow will drive ya crazy.
Also if you can get vista home premium not basic, its got a few more bells and whistles but its got stuff where it matters Wink

I make software that drives lads crazy. Thats my revenge on lads. (it all helps)

this transaction is 100 percent risk/hitch free - bobo

why no pay me - abum bello
because the cops will know it was you - me
ok this is good - abum bello
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SP:

1 GB for Vista is not enough. Home machine is 1 GB and it is sluggish if you are doing anything other than web browsing/e-mailing/etc. Any graphics will slow it down.

2 GB is what you want if it is not too cost prohibitive.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@SP, Dell make some nice laptops starting at £399 mate and you can order it with XP instead of Vista.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic