SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Looking for a camera - (edit) bought one.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

10 years ago I sold my beloved Minolta 7000 to buy my first PC. After spending some time taking pics with my �18 compact I've decided to get a decent camera again. At the moment I'm swaying toward THIS one. Does anyone have any recommendations for others that price or less?

Oh yeah, here's some examples of the photos I managed to get out of my cheap camera.

Not too bad when you consider the only Photoshopping I did to them is to crop them a little.

Last edited by wayne on Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If that is the price range you're looking in, that is as good as you'll get, it's a great camera, I moved to the 9600 last year, then finally blew the mortgage and went back to Nikon,

No complaints with the 5800, it does everything you'll prob need.

Good luck with it
Dott. Giascopato
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hm ... a BenQ DC E30. Nice pics, especially the first one, Sam Brown (I don't like goats, nor Pippi).
It's not the camara that makes a picture but the man/woman behind it. So - why would you buy a more expensive one?

Some from: South Africa Netherlands United Kingdom Nigeria Switzerland United States Ivory Coast Indonesia Spain Germany Luxembourg Cayman Islands Bahamas, The Ghana Senegal Malaysia Togo Iraq Flag Mauritius Flag Mortar x7

Failure to complies with this order require a severe act by the mets and
purnishment by law. (The Metropolitan Police)

fork off.. ([email protected])
wayne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Hm ... a BenQ DC E30

Yep. It's a nice little camera for taking snaps. I even bought my mother one and she loves it.

Quote:
It's not the camara that makes a picture but the man/woman behind it. So - why would you buy a more expensive one?

The DC E30 has no features apart from automatic flash. That's it. There's no way to record audio on video files , no zoom, no autofocus, no way to change the exposure speed low enough to take nighttime pictures, nothing. It's a snapshot camera and nothing more. If I'm going to start taking it more seriously, I have to get a camera up to the job.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you had a look at this site for a camera. www.dabs.com
Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a part-time professional photog, I heartily recommend Canon's Powershot A630. I bought one after agonizing over many brand/model reviews and concluded that the bang-for-buck (okay, punch-for-pound) ratio is hard to beat. The only real reason I haven't used it for any pro work is that there's no hot shoe or PC outlet for an external flash unit. Otherwise,the image quality compares extremely well with output from my EOS 10D digital SLR.

For a published UK review: clicky

For UK pricing and user reviews: clicky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First up, thank you for your suggestions.

@ Fo'andles - They have the next model down, and it gets 4.5 stars out of 5. That's a reassuring sign.

@ Ginch - The A630 looks nice, but too much like a souped up compact for my liking. I'm also pretty much stretching the amount I can spend for Xmas/my birthday to it's limits as it is with �140.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I had the original - the s5000 for years. It's a brilliant little camera. The newer ones are even faster faster with more megapixels. If you use the P Tv Av and Manual functions more than Auto, it is a good camera.

I personally recommend the bigger brother 9600 or whatever they're up to now, the twist barrel zoom and a hot foot really make a difference.

I sold the wifes kidney one night and got myself a DSLR, and would still happily get a prosumer fuji as a backup if I had the $$.

Here a great forum for the Fuji's - http://www.s5000.net/phpBB2/ Many helpful members.

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
wayne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the end I went for the next model down from the one I originally wanted. It worked out almost �30 cheaper, and the only difference was that it's 7 megapixel instead of 8. The extra money will go on a UV filter and spare memory card. Expect me to be posting some pics taken from it soon Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well my new camera arrived yesterday, and I've had a bit of a play with it. Here's some samples

First up, my favourite model.

My computer. See how the flash showed up the dust in there. Time to give it a good cleaning.

Some plant we have in the garden, taken at about 10pm.

The river next to the canal we walk the dog along.

Close up of a tree trunk.

My wife and dog, walking along the canal. the river's just to the left of the picture.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic