SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Dunnunda

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mundy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello chums,

I am off on a nice long holiday to upside down land in a few weeks time.
Based out of Adelaide anyone from that part of the world would like to recommend some nice things to see and do.

I am not the traditional rack em and stack em type of tourist though and I am planning on hiring a 4x4 and getting down and funky with nature.

My research has shown up the Eyre Peninsula as looking adequately remote and scenic so I hope to do a good weeks worth of exploring in that direction. Unfortunately time and budget won't allow for any internal flights so all exploring will have to be within range of the SA capital.

I have done a fair bit of Skuba in the past so (i know it's a bit of a cliche) I fancy doing the swimming with dolphins thingy. I am also fairly keen to find some long stretches of remote and pretty coastline/beaches, generally staying as far away from other tourists as possible.

So give me the beef on this one, thanks fella's

I got on the wrong bus one day and ended up here
Why not support eater by donating then you get to see it.
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Adelaide?! You poor bugger! Laughing

Don't forget that we walk upside down here... otherwise you'll fall off the planet! Surprised

The beaches in SA are of course great and if you're looking for a nice tour of wine country head up to the Barossa Valley, one of the best wine growing regions in the world.

I'm sure Gnasher and NN will be along shortly to give you a more thorough events list. Very Happy

(oh and don't call yourself munty... people will look at you funny).

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10

Last edited by Red on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

South Australia is a hole. Really, nothing to do there, but I suppose if you want remote I guess it's the place.

Better buy some magnets.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Mundy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing I forgot about that Munty thing, it will be stuck in my head now and will no doubt come out at the most inappropriate moment.

Adelaide is the choice as I have a relative who lives there and thus, no accom charges.

Thanks for the tips on the gravity issue guys, I will search ebay for some magnetic boots. Phew close one Smile

Gussie Fink-Nottle
Wannabe Baiter

Location: In the members lounge at the Drones, drinking orange juice!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cleland Park in the Adelaide Hills is worth a visit & the local beer (Coopers) is quite good.

You might fancy a visit to Kangaroo Island, only problem is the ferry is a total rip-off, I believe it holds the distinction of being the most expensive journey per mile in the world (even more expensive per mile than flying Concorde).

Anything else I can think of I'll get back to you.

PS - One thing that did spring to mind when you mentioned scuba, yes it would be nice to swim with Dolphins, but SA is the White Shark capital of Oz, "Be careful out there".

Chin chin

Gussie

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Mundy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Gussie,
I've tried Coopers, a decent beer, will have to try it in situ.
I found Kangaroo Island on google earth, it is tempting to head out there also. Some great looking costal bits.
I read somewhere on this forum by a member who's name evades me just now (may have been the boss actually) that you can buy valuable seconds in escaping from any land/sea/air based animal by giving it a swift jab to the nose. I wonder if that works with a shark? Confused

Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ let us know how you go! Laughing

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know a few people from South Australia and for some reason they all live in NSW now, even the most boring of people dont want to go back, but if it is bush and nature your after from what I have seen and heard from others you will certainly find that.

As for the sharks, I am sure the sharp precisely delivered blow to the nose of a shark would prolong the ripping apart of your body one limb at a time, but yes probably only a few seconds.

Have fun and dont become fish food

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red wrote:
Adelaide?! You poor bugger! Laughing ...

Well, the tap water does kinda taste nasty but there are no toll roads, tunnels or bridges (unlike in NSW or VIC).

There actually is more to South Australia than many would let on:
Kangaroo Island, as previously mentioned, is a fairly popular destination (Remarkable Rocks, Kelly Hill Caves, Seal Bay, lots of nice scenery etc. etc.)

Don't overlook the Fleurieu Peninsula (not forgetting the Mclaren Vale wineries), the Limestone Coast Region (including the Coonawarra (yet another wine region)).

The World Heritage listed Naracoorte Caves could be an interesting side trip and the Flinders Ranges around this time of year would be a fairly picturesque place to tour as well.

You've indicated a willingness to travel a bit more, Yorke Peninsula and Eyre Peninsula could be to your liking too. There is a ferry service running from Wallaroo (Yorke Peninsula) to Lucky Bay (Eyre Peninsula).

@Gussie: Good choice in ales. Great White Sharks? Nah. They can't walk on land. As for the ferry to KI, there is only one operator, so they set whatever fee they like.

@Reaper: Sure it's a hole. About 1/4 the hole Sydney is Wink

@Mundy, PM if you want more specific info.

Ginch
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mundy, here's a tip from my avatar, "Tommy Toilet"....
Quote:
Don't fergit, folks! The toilets in Australia flush totally backwards, so be sure to purchase my Krapper Korrector before visiting the Land Fromunda. It'll force the water to evacuate with a proper clockwise swirl.
Very Happy

Wannabe Baiter

Location: In the members lounge at the Drones, drinking orange juice!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Seven of Nine.

Much as I hate to contradict a tertiary adjunct of unimatrix zero one (for fear of being assimulated), I believe Mundy mentioned the following in his 1st post:-

Mundy wrote:

I have done a fair bit of Skuba in the past so (i know it's a bit of a cliche) I fancy doing the swimming with dolphins thingy.

So I don't think they'll have to come out of the water after him.

Chin chin

Gussie
Wink Wink

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Old Master
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Since you enjoy being out in nature, I understand you can make a bit of money on the side by catching and milking some of the more exotic (exotic=highly poisonous) species of native Aussie snakes such as the Brown. I also heard there's one or two types that will aggressively pursue you if you screw about with them...thereby providing an opportunity for your daily run...just to keep fit, ya know. Shocked

Mods...may I tell a quick joke? It's on this topic...really!

Two Aussie friends, named Bruce and Bruce, were on a walkabout holiday in the outback when one needed to do "doodies." He walked behind a bush and squatted, only to be bitten by a deadly Brown snake...on a body part whose name rhymes with "Venus." Screaming in pain and fear, he yells, "Oi, mate, run back ta that station we passed an hour ago...they 'ad a doc there...ask 'im wot we can do, and wot's gonna 'appen to me!"

So Bruce ran back to the station clinic and talked to the doc. Doc says, "If you want ta save yer mate's loif, Bruce, you must go back and suck all the poison out o' the boite." So Bruce runs back to his friend, now groaning pitifully in great pain..."Wot'd 'e say, mate?"

Bruce looked down at his friend and said, "Th' doc says yer gonna die, mate."

"You'd have to be an idiot to fall off, wouldn't you, Mister President." The British idiot, Piers Morgan, commenting on Prez Bush's spill, but who recently suffered broken ribs and other injuries after falling off his Segway scooter. I love it...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic