SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Is this a scam............

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
scam_free
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I received this in my mail. What do you think LOL.

From Monster Tue Sep 18 07:48:15 2007
X-Apparently-To: (EMAIL REMOVED)via 209.73.178.152; Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:48:23 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [66.45.228.57]
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta101.mail.re4.yahoo.com from=poke.trouble-free.net; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 66.45.228.57 (HELO poke.trouble-free.net) (66.45.228.57) by mta101.mail.re4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:48:23 -0700
Received: from hsl (31.34.148.169) by poke.trouble-free.net; Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:48:15 -0400
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:48:15 -0400
From: "Monster" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
X-Mailer: The Bat! (v2.01)
Reply-to: Job Search Agent <[email protected]>
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
To: (EMAIL REMOVED)
Subject: Monster Agent Results - 9/18/2007
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----------8728EB9142866"
Content-Length: 5704

Dear NAME REMOVED,

Safe Way is an investment company that has interests in USA, Canada, Australia, several European and Asiatic countries. We offer alternative and fast investment opportunities for independent investors including Third World countries high risk investment programs.

Human resources have reviewed your resume, skills and experience on Monster job site and would like to congratulate you, as you have been selected for a Service Manager opening.

It is permanent work-from-home entry-level growth opportunity and only applicants available to start immediately and currently located in the US are encouraged to respond.
The job includes processing payments for our clients (not checks), holding accounts with certain banks or payment systems, managing cash flows, creating reports, providing support to our clients.

Job benefits:
- Flex-time (1-5 hours a day occupation which should include at least few hours in 9am - 1pm time period daily except Sunday)
- Probationary period: one month
- Stock options
- Educational assistance and professional development programs
- Limitless opportunities for career growth
- Payment starting from $2.500 monthly plus payments turnover bonus (payout approximately twice a month)
- Special payment options for business owners

If you are interested in the opening, please reply to the email or mail to [email protected] .
Please don't be suspicious of email you reply to. It is used for hiring process and prevents the Company emails from spam messages.

We understand how competitive the job market currently is, and therefore, would like to encourage you to give us an answer as soon as possible.
Best Regards,
Safe Way Worldwide

THIS EMAIL IS USED FOR HIRING PROCESS ONLY TO PREVENT THE COMPANY FROM SPAM MESSAGES!

Monster respects your online time and privacy. If you no longer wish to receive Monster emails, please click here and submit your request.

Requests for unsubscribing or for changing preferences can be made only by clicking on the link above and may take up to 10 days to take effect.

Questions? Email us directly by visiting www.monster.com. Please do not reply to this email.

To read the Monster Privacy Commitment, visit about.monster.com/privacy/

Monster, 5 Clock Tower Place, Suite 500, Maynard, MA 01754

Add [email protected] to your address book to ensure delivery of Monster emails.

The HTML graphics in this message have been blocked. [Show HTML Graphics - Edit Preferences
gargstang
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds like a check mule scam. The gmail addy should give it away, not to mention the Safeway is a grocery store chain in the US.

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133443">Intro</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Start Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117865">Safety</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Get Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Scam Victims</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Real Banks</a> ]
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As soon as I saw the title of your post, I knew the answer was yes...

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
scam_free
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gargstang wrote:
sounds like a check mule scam. The gmail addy should give it away, not to mention the Safeway is a grocery store chain in the US.

LOL I wrote to them requesting their phone number and complete address and President/CEO's name and havent heard back. The best part was I had a blank resume up just to catch these jerks.
Oh btw no fair with the comment regarding the gmail account...I had to beg a friend for an invite because I thought that was a secure place to exchange mail...unlike yahoo. Crying or Very sad
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ That was my response too. Laughing If you have to ask, then yes it is a scam. FYI, monster got hacked recently & contact info was leaked (but they swear not SSNs), so this might be from that if you got it in your real email. The gmail contact address, work from home w/ all those benes...screams SCAM!!!! Also I read an article in the City Paper recently about some guy who basically ran what I would call a bait more so than a scam (victims felt otherwise), where he sent out job offers for this amazing to-good-to-be-true job & had 80 people, mostly lawyers doing all this crazy research on foreign markets in Eastern Europe & other boring stuff like that & they made this huge report so he could pitch it to the Bancrofts so he could buy the Wall St. Journal (another dead give away it was all fantasy) all in an effort to woo some girl...who turned out to be gay. He had a gmail address too (another dead give away).

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
scam_free
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit - unnecessary full quote of that ^^^ post removed - SP

Oh you do know that I knew it was a scam from the start but the scary thing is you mentioned SS#. Why on earth would anyone put their SS # on a resume let alone a job site? I never heard of such a thing. As far as the brain dead one he got what he deserves..a gay (happy) fantasy. ROFL Rolling Eyes
thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ For government jobs you have to give them your SSN. They got into the fed gov's monster account & got contact info, but the SSNs are kept on some type of super top security server, so they did not get that info...so they say.

Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
scam_free
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mod edit - unnecessary full quote of post immediatley above removed, we can see it, it's just there ^^^ Wink - SP

Hold on the government has an area on monster where they recruit? That doesn’t make sense. Nor does the part that you need to give your SS# on a job seeking site. Something isn’t sound here. I don’t care if it’s for a government position or a store clerk position...one should never give their SS #. One should wait till they are contacted and verify the source before giving that vital piece of yourself out.
Again JMHO.
gargstang
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The gmail was in reference to the recruiting email address.[/b]

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133443">Intro</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Start Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117865">Safety</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Get Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Scam Victims</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Real Banks</a> ]
thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They do recruit from Monster. I got a job @ the DOJ that way. You can find their jobs listed on Monster too. And if you apply online w/ the gov you have to include your SSN. You don't put it directly on Monster, it will redirect you to the agency's online app process. I forgot exactly what the email said. I could look for it & post it here or PM you if you want.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
scam_free
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats okay I believe you. I just cant believe the cons that use the job sites. I thank god I have a job, I am a paralegal. I only posted fake resumes in response to people that contacted my firm who have been taken advantage of due to posting their resumes and my firm wanted me to research this and it has led me to you and other sites created just to enlighten people and for helping stop scammers. Mad
This seems like it is never ending. Close some down and tons of others follow in their steps.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, it is widespread. That is why we need people to spread the word.

Welcome to Eater! Read the fora a bit, sign up for a mentor and join in the fight!

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
thefife
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So tell the mugu that you received his job offer & thank him for his interest. However, with your extensive experience, as can be seen from your resume, you are only willing to take something at the executive level, CFO, CEO, COO, something along those lines.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
scam_free
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey thefife you may be on to something there....if he responds to my bait I will tell him I am looking upward...higher management then him lol! Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd also get a prepaid cell so the mugu could call me to do a very lengthy phone interview. I'd have at least 50 questions ready to ask the mugu Laughing

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
PhinGuru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've asked this question several times in the past month. Not anymore. I've quickly learnt that if the email isn't from someone you know or a site you subscribe to (if we don't count the phishers), the rest are probably scams of one sort or another - even if you can't quite figure out the angle yet.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
Stick around, PhinGuru. In another month or two, you will be ready to play "I can name that scam in 5 words or less", no matter how tweaked the format is. Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
PhinGuru
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ SlayerFaith
I'm learning new twists daily thanks to the wealth of experience here; it's really encouraging the patience shown by the old timers to noobs like me.
Surprised
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Well, we could slap y'all around, but doing so earns us a month of "cleaning the bathrooms in the Mod Lounge" duty, and NO ONE wants to go there... esp after the Saturday night "Come as Your Favourite Nude Scammer" parties <shudder>

... or it could just be that we were all noobs once, and remember what it was like. Laughing

@scam_free- mule scams are one of the worst formats out there, IMHO. Whilst some of the folks trapped by them are layabouts looking for a way to earn money for doing what they realize is essentially nothing, many others are people who cannot work a "regular" job due serious health issues or life circumstances, or those with little in the way of job skills who are desperate enough to take any apparently legit job offer. Whilst I'd rather not, I could post story after story of people who, seeing the bills piling up and panicking about how they are going to pay the rent, grasp the straw that these scammers offer.

This isn't a dig at you, BTW, just a bit of insight on how people fall for this particular type of scam. Every scam has its hook, and this one caters to desperate (albeit naive) people who are looking for legitimate work. Many times, the formats used mimic legit job offers, and some of the "contracts" are very well written.

The scam works because 99% of the banking public does not understand the difference between "provisional access to funds" and "cleared" when it comes to cheques. It's pretty much that simple when you get down to it.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The answer to "Is this a scam" is always "yes."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic