SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Mike Milliard: Clueless hack?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://thephoenix.com/article_ektid47350.aspx

Mr. Milliard appears to have an axe to grind with scambaiters. He's also an outright liar. I never received an interview request from Milliard (at least not in the last 6 months which is as far back as I checked). I always respond to interview requests, whether I am interested in doing them or not. Perhaps his email didn't get through to me, or perhaps it's an excuse for misrepresenting various facts.

Though he also attempted some research, sadly he doesn't appear to have got to read the part where revealing scambaiter's real names, first and last is about as irresponsible and dumb as it gets.

Milliard obviously has no clue what he's talking about, and has never seen first hand the real damage that scammers inflict - I, and many others in the scambaiting community most certainly have.

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------

Last edited by Shiver Metimbers on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems to never cross these peoples' minds that we don't make the lads do anything. They choose to do it out of greed. It's called free will.
Has this guy ever actually logged onto eater. The whole article seems grossly selective and ill-informed.
Anyway that's it. I'm quitting baiter, resigning from my job and I'm off to help out these poor, desperate guys. All the rest of you baiters are heartless bastards Wink

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm quite comfortable being a heartless bastard.

At least he didn't call us vigilantes. Rolling Eyes

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
They’ve been procured by scambaiters, a cadre of swashbuckling online vigilantes

Fraid he did

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like he spent a while hanging around here reading up on the forum before he wrote the article.

I think Rodus' point is excellent, we're not forcing anybody to do anything at any point. If a lad gets a tattoo or whatever, they know that they're only doing that as one process of eventually ripping off the person who's asking them to do such a thing.

It's like someobody going to rob a bank and then getting their arm broken by the security screen that pop up when the teller hits the panic button - should we feel sorry for them???

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh, great, Rodus- just ruin my happy thoughts. Sad

....although, being an online swashbuckling vigilante sounds kinda cool.

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Shiv.

Ill informed sensationalism, sadly thats what far too much journalism is about these days. Never mind the facts if they get in the way of a good story.
Whats even sadder is that our society just cannot get enough of such 'gossip mongering'.

@TSNerd

I'm not keen on being called a heartless bastard, I do quite like the image of a swashbuckling vigilante though.
I'll compromise, just call me a bastard vigilante..... Laughing

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure he wouldn't mind us using his likeness as a character in a bait Laughing

(Just a joke... I'm sure that would breach the ITP rule).

The I is for Ignorant

Lmao @ "So it is that one can visit YouTube and watch clips of a man taking brutal punches to the skull"

hahahah I'm sure Bombardier will attest that it was anything but "brutal" it was the worst punch scene ever, I've seen kittens with better jabs. Clint would be very disappointed.

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Selected quotes (and my responses), posted in the hope that this... ummm... "journalist"... will read them someday:
Quote:
They’ve been procured by scambaiters, a cadre of swashbuckling online vigilantes who tangle with scammers by the hundreds

Sorry TSnerd, we're still vigilantes Laughing
Quote:
While most scambaiters keep their pranks on the up and up, many others seem to revel in making their marks as miserable as possible.

Clueless quote #2. Most baiters, particularly those who have had close contact with victims and seen firsthand the destruction that these scams cause to the lives of innocent people, revel in making any and all scammers lives as miserable as possible.
Quote:
one can visit YouTube and watch clips of a man taking brutal punches to the skull, jumping off roofs, falling off ladders, leaping through flaming hoops, and setting his pant legs afire as he runs howling in pain.

The "poor" suffering scammer referred to here makes more money in a month than I do all year. If in doubt, check out his crib, big screen TV, rowing machine, leather couches etc. That said, the description of events is rather vastly overdramatized (apologies to Bombardier).
Quote:
What sort of desperation possesses a man to tattoo some guy’s screen name on his back like a slave’s brand? How hard up for cash can a person be?

Clueless quote #4. A tad of the race card along with more "poor scammers" crap. Never mind that the "man" in question was trying to steal money from what he thought was an innocent person Rolling Eyes
Quote:
What happens when these baits stop being clever time-wasters and become purely punitive and dehumanizing?

The scammers lose.
Quote:
Says Thurston: “Maybe I’ll start my own vigilante scambaiter-baiter service. Get scambaiters to hold up signs saying: ‘Neo-colonial online activist.’ ”

Sorry Thurston, the BADger sign up sheet is full for this month. Please try again later Laughing
Quote:
it’s also disturbing to see poor, uneducated people from such a profoundly damaged place posing for obscene and/or absurd photographs in the hopes of getting some money.

The rallying cry of ladhuggers. I'm willing to bet that when this person's mother, aunt, grandpa, brother, or someone else close to him loses their life's savings to some shitbag scammer, he will undergo a rather dramatic attitude adjustment. Until then we will continue to do what we do.

Nice that he referred to the DD0S attack without bothering to mention that it was instigated by Eastern European scammers tired of us cutting into their profits with our "vigilante" activities... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
mape01
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Finally someone calls me swashbuckling. At last!

We got plenty of that do-gooder here too, justifying everything from shop-lifting to armed robbery by the same old arguments.

That ridiculous blabla makes me angry and motivated to carry on. I´m off to the surplus forum getting another pet right now.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Clueless Hack wrote:
... where does the moral compass point? ...

Indeed. Where?

The author is opinionated, ill informed, writes subjectively and seems blissfully unaware that many of us "swashbuckling online vigilantes" bait straight, primarily for bank accounts to report.

Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Those 419 e-mails (named after the Nigerian penal code for fraud), also called advance-fee frauds, managed to bilk Americans to the tune of $720 million in 2005. Worldwide, it’s estimated, they cost the gullible $3.2 billion each year.

I nearly got all political for a moment. That's a lot of money for Governments to be doing seemingly very little about.

I'm off to buckle my swash, got two new 'poor innocent hard done by' scammers today who are going to (hopefully) be delayed in get their snouts in the $3.2Billion trough

'White Hunters' eh? I wonder what a poll of the members would reveal in terms of race/religion/colour/sex? Probably members from every group you can think of.

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Is he having a laff?"

Some people just don't get it, especially SNAG (Sensitive New Age Guy) journos with a PC agenda Rolling Eyes

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but it’s a safe bet that the majority, relatively speaking, are better off than the scammers they tangle with.

Of course I am. I work an honest job for honest pay (except when I'm posting to Eater from work Very Happy )

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
SNAG (Sensitive New Age Guy) journos with a PC agenda

Pfft, just a lad hugger. I started reading the story, lost interest before I was even half through. If he does not take his job seriously enough to do some proper research, I will not be bothered to read his crap.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There was something in what he said that almost made sense, .....
Na must have been my imagination
Embarassed Embarassed

The world is back to normal.

Except it's very coincidental that he chose NOW to run that.

He knows all about the bunker as he put it Sad
looking sideways carefully psst who is he

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

f Shocked Shocked k him

wait til one of his relatives get stung for a fine princely sum.
then listen to him then.
he probably aint got any other work to do.

maybe he should do a five page article on all those who have
been scammed and how much misery have they gone through.

like the WP website linking us to them this will blow over.

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow. September is turning out to be an interesting month to say the least.

On the racist bit on page 3 ...

Quote:
.... as one poster puts it, that “the colour of [scammers’] skin . . . is incidental to the fact that they would happily rob an old woman blind if she could get to a Western Union office!”

I think that was me....hey I'm famous!

If he wants my real name he can go whistle "Yankee Doodle Dandy" out of his posterior on Youtube whilst holding up a sign saying "Tommo lives here>>>".

I would be almost tempted to bypass the ITP rule in his case, but my 'moral compass' as an 'internet vigilante' [cool!] won't let me.

The article headline implies white baiters, black scammers. Pure conjecture. How does he know that? I'd rather have no opinion at all than uninformed opinion.

Tommo

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Josh
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think shiver should have a real go at him for using his full name without permission.

Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but my 'moral compass' as an 'internet vigilante' [cool!] won't let me.

Tommo, that should read 'swashbuckling internet vigilant'. Embrace it. I have. Laughing

Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Using full names is risky but in Shiv's case it's already public knowledge and he's protected by strange and mysterious powers.

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll embrace you Tsnerd.

You swashbucler you.....mmmm......All of a sudden I'm having Johnny Depp visions... Cool

Edit : I called you Tnerm. I'm sorry. I blame my parents.

Thanks. Embarassed Before the edit I had plausible deniability. "No, honey. That isn't directed at me. It says, "Tnerm".....now my wife's fears will be realized. She's always thought that this baiting thing was just a ruse to look at hot avatars and be compared to Johnny Depp. TS

Pretty Rose

pony
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Yep he totally missed the point. In general we all get to know each other through the forums in small ways, country, race, sex etc. Often apologies are seen when someone thought someone was male or female. In the end very few of know the real truth about each other and that my friends is what helps and protects us. It is really clear that there is no race issues on this site. Just go and ask for a translation from what ever to whatever there is always someone at hand to assist.
Between the ddos attack and this "Small Boy" Smile I think we can actually be thankful for the old saying "There is no such thing as bad publicity"

Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@TSn

Sorry!

Swashbuckling isn't really my forte, despite it being pirate month and all. Now making love to a beautiful woman on the other hand....

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
FiveForces
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eh, I dont take these articles seriously anyway. But I do love the way these "journalists" talk about the stuff baiters have done, i.e.:

Quote:
A man has sliced his palm open, for reasons that are unclear. Another reclines, naked and still, as his body is spattered with milk and egg yolks. One holds a sign declaring, I WAIT FOR YOU ON MY KNEES AT THE GLORY HOLE. Another’s placard proclaims him a GAY LAD. One has attached dozens of clothespins to his face and torso. One lays supine as a crude tattoo, huge and hideous, is cut into his back: “Pwn3d by Slaw.” One holds a piece of poster board scrawled with a question: ARE WE NOT HAVING FUN YET?

Though I already knew about most of this stuff, it's still hilarious to remember it all. I love the way that the whole sentence is very downcast, like we should all be ashamed Laughing

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic