SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Awards and how to get them

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Favre4ever
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I read in the FAQ on what the award symbols are for (safari, phone, etc...), but who awards them, and how do i prove my efforts to receive them?

Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You usually add them yourself and usually a mod looks at the big things like safaris. Read more and you'll find out.

Tsmurfs sticky is a good read:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118857

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The flaggies, hats, phones, stars, bars, skunks, smileys and all other icons are awarded by our loving benevolent overlords, the mods. In order to receive one, you have to produce the dead (or passed out) body of a real lad and send $420 by Western Union to a secret location that.... oh who am I fooling?

I'm pretty sure that most of the icons are on the "honour system", like the flags and safari hats. While reasonable supporting evidence may be asked for by somebody, I've never heard of anyone being put through a trial or inquisition over them. Maybe I'm wrong.

My particular icon-things were "awarded" to me by our loving mods Lotta and TSNerd. I can't say exactly how (whispering: I asked what they were) but I assure you it wasn't pretty. As a result, I wear my prancing pony and butt-thong with pride. I'm terribly sorry but if I tell you what they mean, Lotta will find out and punish me for insubordination. Again.

I actually did ask someone what the skulls were once. I asked only once, and received over six different answers - mostly from the same person. I am truly afraid to ask anything about icons ever again. If you find anything out, PM me - quietly!

One thing I can tell you for sure: Our mods & admins are so cool they offer sadistic humour at no extra charge! Very Happy
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Icons on a screen are meaningless. I am mainly a straight baiter (church/charity scams) and there is no award for that, nor do I care. I bait to waste the lads time. I get most of my pleasure from the lads responses. If you are here for "awards" then you may be here for the wrong reason.

I do go for the odd trophy pic now and again, but as far as awards...pfft.

Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is pretty much asking for some "very important" icons. Laughing

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Favre4ever - I can only hope your nick is a reference to Super Troopers and not the gridiron player.

As mentioned the majority of the baiting related symbols operate on the honour system. However, I am sure if a mod/admin found out that you had not earned your badge and were wearing it regardless you would be stripped of it.

Personally I see it as something to wear with pride... to put unearned icons in your sig is only cheating yourself. Everyone else can see your baiting skills for what they are. If at any stage you're unsure if you've earned something simply PM a mod and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to tell you.

As for the random non-baiting icons... they're a whole other story... take my advice: avoid them like the plague Wink Laughing

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Red wrote:
Personally I see it as something to wear with pride... to put unearned icons in your sig is only cheating yourself. Everyone else can see your baiting skills for what they are. If at any stage you're unsure if you've earned something simply PM a mod and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to tell you.

Absolutely Red. Siggy icons are not a measure of how good a baiter is, but by earning flags and helmets etc, it does give you a sense of achievement.

Its also a way of encouraging other baiters to try and earn those icon rewards, which is the most important aspect. Because it means even more baiters are going to be sending a mugu on safari or having their fake sites killed.

Red has only been active in bank killing for a couple of weeks, but look at the number of flags / kills that Red has amassed.

Each one of those kills represents a fake website that is actively defrauding people.
How many people we have no way of knowing, but to lose 50 sites that were making money hurts the mugu badly.
And thats just one baiter that has delivered that significant blow to the mugu operation.

So if by having the award icons encourages other baiters to start bank killing as well, that has to be avery good thing indeed, and it shows that collectively, we really can cause the mugu some grief... Twisted Evil

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Favre4ever
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
Icons on a screen are meaningless. I am mainly a straight baiter (church/charity scams) and there is no award for that, nor do I care. I bait to waste the lads time. I get most of my pleasure from the lads responses. If you are here for "awards" then you may be here for the wrong reason.

I do go for the odd trophy pic now and again, but as far as awards...pfft.

Please be assured that I am here to do the good work inspired by Shiver. I feel as the award is the cherry on the sundae of satisfaction of putting lads in their place. As such, I am donating band width to the tune of 4 GB in the last 4 or 5 hours to Mugito. And I would encourage anyone with high speed to do the same.

Last edited by Favre4ever on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Sounds like you're going to fit in great. Welcome to the Eater! Very Happy

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Favre4ever wrote:
I am donating band width to the tune of 4 GB in the last 4 or 5 hours to Mugito. And I would encourage anyone with high speed to do the same.

Donating $20 here will give a nice shiny color on your name. Wink

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/donate.php

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another way to look at it could be healthy competition. I can look at Red's flag hoarding Wink abilities and say I have to kill a lot more fake sites to keep up. Is it petty? Sure is, but it's the lad's paid websites that pay the price. Wink Twisted Evil

EDIT: To answer your original posted question, you can learn a lot of fake site killing at aa419.org, where you can learn the ropes and get an official site killing mentor as well.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, one nice thing about the siggy icons is that it gives you some direction on who to ask about certain things. I get a lot of people who ask for advice on safaris from me, because that's what I do. I am glad to help. Obviously, I am not the guy you are going to ask about killing fake bank sites though.

And as others said, it is a little fun to show what you have done. It is quite an accomplishment to get a lad arrested, sent on safari, get their bank shut down, etc.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^When it comes to safari's, YOU ARE THE ONE! Wink

Thumbs up

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Thatguy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
Favre4ever wrote:
I am donating band width to the tune of 4 GB in the last 4 or 5 hours to Mugito. And I would encourage anyone with high speed to do the same.

Donating $20 here will give a nice shiny color on your name. Wink

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/donate.php

I wanted to do that but I don't use paypal...

does shiver take Western Union... but you will have to talk me slowly through how to send the money... and he's gonna have to fill out some homeland security forms first Twisted Evil
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just wish I knew how much these checks will cost these lads i have been racking up.

Mailed from all over the world too!

But its nice to know I yanked a few million off the streets of Lagos and wherever else these lads reside.

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Thatguy

Paypal is about the safest way to send money on the interweb. It's only $20. Pay up or shut up.

Edit: "shut up" may have been a bit harsh. I will substitute that with "Hehehehehe"

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:
Also, one nice thing about the siggy icons is that it gives you some direction on who to ask about certain things.

Thats another good point, and you will find that 9/10 Eaters will be glad to help when it is asked for.

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^And the 1/10 that isn't is usually pelted with rocks and garbage as a form of encouragement to play ball with the rest of us.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Thatguy
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pastor Frank wrote:
@Thatguy

Paypal is about the safest way to send money on the interweb. It's only $20. Pay up or shut up.

Edit: "shut up" may have been a bit harsh. I will substitute that with "Hehehehehe"

its not the money that bothers me...

its paypal...
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Thatguy: You don't need to use no stinkin' paypal. You can snail-mail the funds and that's perfectly acceptable. See my nice shiny orange name? No paypal involved! Takes a little longer, but well worth it.

In addition to the shiny name, you also get fame, power, respect, groupies, and your very own virtual limo ride from me! Heck, I bet Shiver would accept WU - just go easy on the 1TV5 questions. He probably knows that trick. Very Happy
ratter
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ There's also the secret premium members PWT...er, comedy thread that's going strong at the moment.... Laughing

United KingdomUnited StatesNigeriaSpainSwitzerlandBeninNetherlandsCanadaGhanaItalyIrelandMalaysiaUnited Nations = 56

Goat

PayPal Modality
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic