SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Smoking thread

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Like many former smokers (20 years clean but not sober) I absolutely hate the filthy habit now, but I do have some sympathy with those who are addicted - and it IS an addiction for some people. For many other's it's pure habit, an entirely different thing. The trick is to deal with quitting like you are stopping a habit, not going through some traumatic detox process. Anyone who makes the choice to give up deserves a lot of support, but please don't whine about how difficult it is. We know it's difficult OK? We did it - so can you if you REALLY want to quit.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Bam-Skater
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I smoke about 20 a day and the smoking ban is one of the best things this(Scottish) government has ever done. While all the sad sacks are sitting inside their nice'n'fresh* smelling pub I am outside with my comrades-in-arms. I have never talked to so many nice strangers, got so many Ladies numbers or been invited to so many closing-time parties in my puff(if you excuse the pun). Because, the fact is, the best people at parties are invariably smokers so, by extrapolation, if you stick all the smokers outside then that's where the best party, and most sociable people, is going to be.

Bring on the smoking ban, it gets ye yer hole!

B-S

*The nice'n'fresh pubs just honk of years of spilt lager, puke, p!sh and God knows what else now.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, giving up smoking is easy. I gave up for a whole month not so long ago. Then I started again Confused

"GO AND DIE AND NOPT LIVE OK, YOU STUPID FOUL YOU TAKEW ME FOR PLAY? SEND YOUR SHIPPING INFO AND THAT ALL YOU TALK STUPID, SEND ME YOUR NUMBER THAT ALKL I NEED FROM YOU. NO NUKMBER GO AND DON;T SEND NO MONEY AND SEND HAVE NO PUPPY"
~ Bri Thany

"The whole situation is becoming ridiculous and absurd. Its hard to explain how a transaction that normally takes a few minutes to be concluded is starting to run into weeks."
~ Genesis Art & Craft

"you are treating me like a fool which is not supposed to be done"
~ Barryston Morgan

"I don't understand this...Its like you are playing on my intelligence."
~ Peter Roy
Jaime_Lannister
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I gave up 30 minutes ago and now i'll start again. I had a half ars@d attempt two moths ago. For some reason i can't get my brain to realize that i want to stop. Stupid brain. Sad I blame the alpha waves.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never actually smoked a single cigarette in my life, and I don't really see the point in trying one.

Banning smoking from bars & restaurants was a pretty big deal when it was introduced a couple of years ago in New Zealand, but now nobody brings it up and it's seen as a huge positive. It's really nice to come home and not have your clothes stink of cigarette smoke. It also makes wearing contact lenses a whole heap easier Smile .

As I've never had a cigarette I guess it's hard for me to see the attraction of it. I don't even really think it's considered "cool" by anyone except dropout teenagers these days.

Jaime_Lannister
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's about addiction. I started smoking because everyone at school did it. All my friends did it, it was something that was normal. And maybe you are right that the "cool" factor had something to do with it. Not that i was a dropout tho. I'm smoking for 14 years now. I want to stop and i went to my doctor for it and he said that pills and patches do not work. Thanks a lot doctor, at least give me a placebo or something.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

bam skater

its true what you say.ive just came back from the big smoke(london for our over seas members) and never ever chatted to so many people.
made my night all the laffs i had and i would of never spoke a word to them if they were still in the pub

Wink

didnt get my hole tho

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Emit Scarab
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've certainly no qualms about the smoke ban in public places. I loved it and I was singing its praises when it was just in the republic. Only thing is that now that it doesnt mask it all, people STINK on the dancefloor. Except me of course.
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess I just don't like hearing people get passionate for the sake of a "cause". I was just watching an old episode of deep space 9, and there's that woman with the funny nose who's always going on and on and on and on about how her people were persecuted by the cardassians. The fact that the woman in question is a terrible actress doesn't help, but then most anti-smokers are pretty terrible actors too.

I don't see anything wrong with tobacco use in moderation. I can't smoke casually though because I have absolutely no self control.

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Who of the bunch that quit in may is still clean? I mean apart from bombardier.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110020

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Me Very Happy

Although to be fair, sometimes when I go out and have good wine, the urge is still there. Very badly. The only thing that stops me is I try to always remember how bad I'll feel the next day, how much I'll regret it etc and is it worth having that one cancer stick when I've done so well for about 4 and a half months.

The big problem for me wasn't quitting, the huge problem is staying quit.

Pretty Rose

pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey IWM - congrats for staying quit so far (and forever, right?). If you had a ciggie now you would feel sick as a dog immediately, not the next day. Trust me.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I planned to quit with the rest of them, but I had lots of smoking already booked into my diary and I couldn't cancel.

Well done to all those who stayed quit. Pansies to the rest of you Razz

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
it wasn't me
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Gnasher - I have no intention of starting again, ever, I'm just saying that it's really hard not to 'Just have one'. Sad

Still, every week I'm finding it easier!

@Battery - Good luck mate, they say the first 3 years are the hardest Laughing

Although if you're a stubborn old goat, you'll do well Wink

Pretty Rose

pony
easy2entertain
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I quit smoking a little over 2 months ago. Stick it out I'm sure you will feel better. Kicking that nicotine is one of the hardest things I've ever done. I got some help from a drug called chantix. any of you try that? It really helped with the cravings and its not a nicotine replacement.
Don't forget just one more and your hooked again and you have to start all over again!! You can do it!
writeon
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I quit 8 months ago because of CAD and miss them (all 35/day of them) every day. I still dream, almost every night, about having a smoke and just hope that I wont cave in.
Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've smoked for awhile, quit for six months then went back to it. It's a nasty habit, but I don't feel guilty about it. I try and respect non-smokers airspace, but that's not always possible. One day I will regret smoking, but not today.

** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Obi-Wan Knievel wrote:
FACT: Everything about smoking sucks. There's nothing good about smoking. It kills people, it smells, and it's gruesome. And I smoke..

Why not make the whole world start smoking? lessen the population by a few billion and take over other countries and call it our own?

The ONLY time I can "smoke" is when I'm drunk, and that's only one cig. I ask for one and receive one, without hesitation, even from my own mother I have gotten a cig when I was plastered.

Todays society needs to smarten up, we may be on earth to completely destroy it, but when we destroy ourselves in the process, people complain.. it makes no sense.
Jaime_Lannister
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ It's better to kill yourself in process than some one else.

Humans are self destructive by nature it seems.

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In Belarus we have a cigarette for breakfast, followed by a glass of vodka and another cigarette. Then we have a bit of fatty pork, a potato cake and another cigarette.
I always thought that this was quite normal until I visited New York, last February, where smoking in public premises is not allowed.
Whilst there I thought that everyone was quite miserable whilst sat at the breakfast table or, later on, at the bar, until they invited me outside.
All establishments there had a smoking area or, at least, an ashtray outside
That was the only place, even though it was freezing cold and knee deep in snow, where anybody was happy and smiling.

I guess that it's only a cigarette that keeps New Yorkers and their visitors smiling.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Joe Rogan explains my point of view Razz

http://www.glumbert.com/media/joeroganpeople
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Radden wrote:
... The ONLY time I can "smoke" is when I'm drunk ...

Interesting.

I've heard you're on two packs a day.

How's your liver? Shocked
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My liver is fine, as long as no alcohol demons come and invade it!
BaitandSwitch
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK how about this ,
where I live in the USA CT to be specific a pack of smokes goes for $5.75 US
with a $2.00 Tax per pack from our state .What about you what's a pack of smokes going for where you live in US money ?
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A can of 250 grams of tobacco costs here about $45 good for two weeks or at least or 300 smokes. (Roll your own, not filling tubes)
I feel discriminated as a smoker, but the trend nowadays is like that. Trans fat is bad so it is banned from the food chain here. People with a weight problem are still able to eat what they want and when they want it, it is the main cause of ending your life on this side of the pond, but we don�t want to talk about it, YET.
Drunk driving is good for two dead bodies a day, but you can get your beer or stronger everywhere. Prohibition wasn�t a success after all.
But as a smoker you�re at the end of any hospital list while you pay the most taxes to keep up your addiction. I�ve been smoking for about 50 years and no related problems for me. Just lucky I guess, but you�ll have to die of something in the end. Rolling Eyes
I don't smoke around non smokers or kids, but that sign I have on my door hasn't stopped anyone from entering since I put it there 3 years ago. (See my first post in this thread)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic